“Best value fish restaurant in Istanbul”

Sultanahmet Fish House
Ranked #35 of 13,979 Restaurants in Istanbul
Cuisines: Seafood, Turkish
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Sultanahmet
Reviewed May 19, 2013

This restaurant is just off the main street in Sultanahmet and what a good find it is. The service is so friendly from the owner and he really does know his fish. The qulaity of the sea bass in salt is amazingly good, and the price is 20% cheaper than on the main street. This is the perfect restaurant for couples who enjoy good food. We went on our second night and landed up going for the next 2 nights of our visit.

1  Thank Ross U

Reviewed May 17, 2013

The owner of this place definitely knows what he's doing, so do yourselves a favour and trust him. Seeing that we were a bit undecided on what food to get, he suggested we should have the sea bass and oh he was right - it ended up being a lovely meal with such big portions as we ate the whole fish and I believe it was over a kilo. Well, if I could come back in time I would have it again, and happily so! Also presentation at its best as the fish comes still covered in a thick crust of salt and surrounded by flames, which then were extinguished by the same owner who eventually hammered the crust and cleaned the fish for us. And delicious it was, cooked to perfection, not too moist, not too dry, so so yummy!

Not cheap but not even so pricey, I believe the whole of Istanbul is not that cheap if compared to European standards... would definitely go back, and more than once ;)

Reviewed May 12, 2013

We entered this restaurant totally by chance, it was next to the Cagaloglu Hamam we just went and just after the Antiochland restaurant where we dined the evening before. The owner was extremely nice and he let us try the fish soup and the wine before we actually ordered both. He suggested the salt sea bass which was over a kg and would have been enough for the three of us... oh and it was. As well as delicious and cooked to perfection.
I would definitely go back to this place as the quality was just amazing. In front of us a french couple were returning guests from the evening before and that was already a good sign.
I did not find prices to be so high as I read in other reviews: the soup was 4 turkish liras, the sea bass was 120 but served the 3 of us, so I would say it is average prices.

Reviewed May 10, 2013 via mobile

Excellent food. Friendly staff. Probably overpriced but commensurate with prices at near by restaurants. Sitting area congrsted, larger dining room upstairs. Highly recommend the restaurant.

Reviewed May 8, 2013

This was one of my first places to have Sea Bass which wasn't what expected but it was nice,well cooked I took a place mate home and had it laminated because it was so interesting. Need to go back for foodie up date.