“comfortable cozy hotel” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #351 of 1,121 Hotels in Istanbul
Amman , Jordan
“comfortable cozy hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

the hotel location is so perfect, its near the historical landmarks in Istanbul, amazing night window view, overlooking at Aya sophia ... staff are realy so kind and very helpful as well.. and one of best things the hotel is so clean.. i kept the hotel card so when i get back again will give it directly to the taxi..I recommend it for all tourists.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Tirana, Albania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2013

The hotel is located in the heart of the old city but in a quiet street, few minutes walk from most tourist attractions as well as the tram station. The staff is very friendly and eager to help wherever they can. The rooms are OK, not very big but decent and cleaned every day. The beds are also very comfortable. The only minus was the poor wireless coverage in our room.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Lagos, Lagos, Nigeria
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 4, 2013

My name is Abdul Aderogba from Nigeria, West Africa

I had a pleasant stay at the hotel. The hotel was very conducive and accomodating. The staff were very cautious and ready to assist at all times.

Kudos to you all at Anadolu. I really enjoy your tour guide and airport drop. Hope to see you all during my next trip to Istanbul.

God bless.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Abdul A
Coffeyville, Kansas, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2013

When I got to the airport in Turkey; I didn't know what to do so when i called the hotel they were very helpful in giving me direction in what to do to get to the hotel. When i arrived at the hotel they greeted me in, and helped me with my bags. The hotel doesn't have an elevator, but they have 3 strong gentlemen that will carry your bags to your room. The hotel is very clean, and maintained. The rooms are well sized with air conditioner, TV, and WiFi with your own bathroom. The price was very reasonable in the location in Istanbul. The hotel has an excellent restaurant where you are served in the garden/patio. The meals are made by Val and Costas. In the patio it is very serene and relaxing catching the sea breeze overlooking the Hagia Sophia which is just a block away. The hotel receptionists are very helpful in giving me directions to the sites I wanted to see. When I left the hotel they arranged a transfer to the airport. When I decided to come back on a whims notice they got me a room. Overall I am very pleased with this hotel and the service they provided I would definitely recommend it again.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Jessica M
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2013

I returned to this hotel in February 2013, having first stayed there in November,1995, thinking it might no longer exist or may have deteriorated. Much to my surprise, it is still in it's almost perfect location, with the same owner, and a spruced-up interior and an outatanding, long-term, friendly staff. There were are so many hotel options that deciding where to stay can be overwhelming, but for me, someone who could afford a more expensive place, this little gem is close to ideal--very clean, new comfortable beds with covers and pillows, free internet in the dining area, and great traditional Turkish breakfasts included. The restaurant is also good and reasonable for lunch or dinner. The staff is very helpful with toursists suggestions. It has a warm, friendly, helpful environment that you would expect in much more expensive hotels. The top floor terrace has a great view, but it was winter time when i visited, so not used much, but in warm weather, it would be ideal. I'll stay here again without hestitation and save my money for other things, but hope it will be much sooner than 17 years.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank wade p
Gers
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2012

We (my husband and I) have been end of september 2012 in Istanbul and stayed in this hotel. We were very positively surprised (with regards to the attractive price we had). The room + bathroom was small, but very clean - and just for sleeping, as we did, it was just perfect. The matresses were just great (I never slept as well as in this hotel).
The hotel is in a very quiet small street, just in walking distance to all major touristic points.And when you came back from "sight-seeing" from a noisy and busy Istanbul to this "heaven of peace" it was just relaxing. Mainly the 2 terraces (one on top of the roof with view on Istanbul) and the breakfast terrace (good turkish breakfast!) downstairs: just a quiet, relaxing place after a busy day with excellent and price-worthy food (especially compared with all touristic restaurants around!).
But the best is for sure the friendlyness, the service and competence of the english-speaking staff - we two critical situations in Turkey - without the help of Isamel and the staff we would probably had no chance to sort out of these situations. Therefore: thanks again to Isamel and his helpful staff. If we go to Istanbul next time, we will for sure stay again in Anadolu Hotel.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Ariane2010
Blue Mounds, Wisconsin
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2012

Beware of possible thief operating at the Anadolu Hotel (and may be elsewhere).
During my last stay at Anadolu Hotel, Sultanahmet, cash money has been stolen from my room while sleeping, at night, probably between midnight and 4 am. The person might have entered the room from inside the hotel. He or her only took our cash, unfortunately amounting to a lot as we were at the beginning of our trip. I had the money in two separate pouches within my purse, with everything ready to leave the next morning early to catch a plane for the south. I am usually careful at day, not leaving any temptation in the room (as a general rule) or having my money and document on a pouch against my body. But not at night while in the room!
The thief knew what he/she was doing. Taking credit card or passport is probably too risky. I was told that the security camera checking the outside front hotel area didn’t capture anything suspicious, however, an inside job by a night guard is not impossible. The regular staff has always been nice and welcoming and the hotel is well located (we came in 2009 and 2010 without any incident).
I have come to Turkey many times, each time stopping a few days in Istanbul. Usually the experience is great and people in Turkey are very honest. However, Sultanahmet is probably not the place to measure Turkish people’s righteousness, being tested by a flood of tourists and easy money.
Isabelle

Room Tip: Top most rooms with big balcony and great view on Bosphorus.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank isabelle d
AnadoluHotel, Owner at Anadolu Hotel, responded to this review, August 21, 2012
Dear isabelle
We all at the otel anadolu, feel deeply sorry for your distress on your last day in our place.
Our main employment role is to help all guests at all times with any problems that they might have, we all do our best to make travel of our guests pleased,enjoyful and great,
İn this manner, we all really surprised when we heard that this proplem of yours about your trip in out hotel, because we have never heard any proplems about our hotel espeacially stoling Money in our place, none of our guests have same proplem in otel Anadolu, we wish you were sure that you put your Money in your room at that nigth, because , we think that thief could stole your other belongings such as personal computer, smart phone and so on…
We checked all records of camera system and we did not get any clues of stoling Money,and we were about to sent all records to you to make your sure that there was no thief
Despite this, we had decided on paying your losses ,but you had anounced this the situation would never be able to possible in our hotel
On the other hand, it is never possible to any Money being stolen by our staff, if a member of the management team ever heard a member of staff do anything like that then they would lose their job, all of them are well informed about guests relations and it is a pleasure for us to spent our time with you ,to see you all honorable guests in our hotel our counrty……
We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us so much a few days before this, we tried to do all we could to make your stay a pleasant one. To think that this may have soured your experience of Istanbul is very upsetting to us and, if it is at all possible, we would very much like the opportunity to make amends for this unfortunate episode.
Again please accept our unreserved apologies.