“wonderful hotel”

Ranked #524 of 1,156 Hotels in Istanbul
Moscow, Russia
“wonderful hotel”
Reviewed May 23, 2013

We stayed at the Ocean 7 in may 2013 and it is really a perfect place to stay in Istanbul. the location is great , 2 minutes to Sultanahmet square and there is a beautiful street with a lot of restaurants and bars just near the hotel. They serve the breakfast at the roof terrace - the view is wonderful, the rooms are clean and cosy, the staff is very helpful, my special thank you to Sekram, the hotel manager, he is always ready to help and give you a local advice!
Thank you and next time only to Ocean 7!

Room Tip: our room 302 was very good and comfortable.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Natalia1905

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Bucharest
Reviewed May 21, 2013

My family and I have stayed in this hotel for 4 nights in May. It is very well situated, in the Old City, very close to mosques and Topkapi. You can reach all of them in 5 minutes walk. The neighbourhood is pleasant and safe with many beautiful hotels around. It is also close to the sea, the fish market and the nice restaurants there.
We stayed in a triple room, which was clean and sufficient for all of us (3 adults and 1 child). However, the rooms need a little refurbishment, as they are a little old.The bathroom is rather small.
Breakfast is on the terrace which is nice, food was good and sufficient.
People at the reception were very helpful and friendly.
Overall, a very good experience in istanbul.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed May 4, 2013

We had 2 great nights here recently. We had a night in the middle where we were off to Gallipoli and they looked aft our luggage for us without a problem.
The location is central to all the sights of Sultanahmet, so a walk is the best and easiest way to experience the places.
The rooms are comfortable and very clean. The breakfasts up on the roof are a highlight, both in the views and the quality of the food on offer.
Serkan on reception is excellent. He will do everything he can to ensure you are happy with your stay t his hotel.
We lost a piece of luggage at Gallipoli. Tour guide had it bused to bus station right over the other side of IStanbul. We were flying out that morning. Serkan arranged a taxi for me with an english speaking driver and I was there and back by 0730am with our bag. Highly recommend Oceans 7 hotel.

3 Thank Craig M
calarasi
Reviewed April 16, 2013

Everything was good:the price, very friendly staff with Serkan like receptionist , a real magician of the hospitality, perfect location.Staying there, the great objectives( Blue Mosque, Hagia Sofia & Topkapi Palace) are at 5-10 mins walk away, also, the tram line.You can walk near the tram line to Galata bridge, the street spectacle is formidable.The breakfast was Turkish cuisine and everything tasted great.The view from the patio overlooked the Marmara Sea and the Blue Mosque.The hotel is in the heart of old Istanbul so you have many food options as soon as you step out.So, we( mother, father, daughter 17 years old) recommend this hotel because the relation quality & service is excellent.

Silver Spring, Maryland
Reviewed April 6, 2013

I was on a family vacation with my wife and 2 kids (4 & 6). I made a shuttle arrangement through the hotel which went flawless. The driver was waiting for us at the airport. Upon arrival the receptionist had couple of bell boys fetch our luggage and dropped it in our room. I would say the room size was small but in looking at the other hotels around this area I would imagine it would be the case with most hotels. In my stay around the Europe I have found this to be the trend. In any case the room had a small TV and a fridge that was stacked with bottled water. The bedding was clean and the beds were comfortable. Bathroom had a stand-up shower and everything was super clean. Our package included breakfast so in the morning we went up to the patio and had breakfast buffet. The breakfast was mostly Turkish cuisine and everything tasted great. The view from the patio was great as it overlooked the Sea of Marmara (view was obstructed by some buildings so do not expect water front property). The staff was super pleasant and helpful throughout the stay (I stayed 4 days & 3 nights) and was available 24 x 7. They were also very helpful in identifying places to eat and see and arrange transportation as needed. The hotel had free WiFi which was sluggish at times but was adequate enough for browsing. The location is 5-10 mins walk away from the Blue Mosque, Hagia Sofia & Topkapi Palace. If you are travelling with little children who do not like walking or just learned to walk I would highly recommend taking a stroller with big wheels as all roads are made of bricks. The hotel is situated in the heart of old Istanbul and there are tons of food options as soon as you step out of the hotel. The hotel owners also own a restaurant which is next street over and the food was delicious.

In short I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone who is looking to stay on a low budget with excellent quality & service.

Room Tip: The hotel does not have an elevator so if you are taking a lot of luggage or need special assistance...
1 Thank Aahmed79
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Reviewed March 27, 2013

The good: The price, free breakfast, and great location, very friendly staff that speaks english.

The bad: No elevator. I asked for a wakeup call and it was 25 minutes late and I was catching a ride to the airport. I was pressured into taking tour and eating at restaurants that were affiliated with the hotel which was quite unprofessional. I asked for no maid service and my room was made up.

Word to the wise. There are many many many hotels in Istanbul. If you do your research you could find cheaper. However this was a good price and good value. Would not stay here again just to do a variety.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Rabat
Reviewed February 11, 2013

I was there for 5 days, I really enjoyed the stay, the receptionist is a really good guy, and all the things was easy with him, the location is perfect, I could access to all the touristic places walking, and the views from the breakfast place are great we can see the sea

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo