“Expensive”

Ranked #749 of 13,886 Restaurants in Istanbul
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Sultanahmet
Reviewed February 25, 2013

We used to go to this restaurant frequently but gave up for nearly a year since they've increased prices. The food's allright, atmosphere sucks; prices have become too much.

Reviewed February 23, 2013

Our worst experience by far in Istanbul food was only luke warm which was probably why we were very ill the next day. our main course was served before we had finished the first course, they seem to want to serve fast so they can get more customers.

Reviewed February 16, 2013

We visited the restaurant twice, first time as it was near our hotel and again because we enyoyed it. Very helpful and friendly staff (even supplied a rose on Valentine's Day). Vegetarian food very good and all at a reasonable price.

Reviewed February 15, 2013

I went to this restaurant near my hotel when I arrived from Brazil, and it was really really really good. The people were nice, the food was excellent and the price was fair. In the other days, I tried a lot of restaurants, but I couldn't find one that was as good as Hatay. So I kept going there everyday and ordering different dishes. It never disappointed me. Kevin, one of the waiters, is very funny and he made me feel like I was home. They are all so nice. I loved it!

1  Thank Rafaella M
Reviewed January 23, 2013

We went looking for the Dejavu restaurant because it was close to our hotel and had great reviews. When we arrived we were told that the Hatay had the same owners and we went for it. I think they just wanted to fill first the Hatay because it is in a corner so they can "catch" people walking on two streets :-)
The food was great! first day a very tasty testi kebap with show included and the second day a different traditional plate with was delicious as well. They offer complimentary tea and baklava after the already abundant meal so really worth while.