“The best hotel in Istanbul”

Park Hyatt Istanbul - Macka Palas
Ranked #31 of 1,150 Hotels in Istanbul
“The best hotel in Istanbul”
Reviewed July 14, 2014 via mobile

I consider this hotel to be home away from home I love this hotel the rooms r big spacious airy lovely the staff are amazing polite smiling ,the area around is great nice shopping great restaurant ,so this is my place in Istanbul

Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Gulcin K, Guest Relations Manager at Park Hyatt Istanbul - Macka Palas, responded to this review, July 21, 2014
Dear Hannaudeh,

We are truly delighted to receive your feedback. All we aim to achieve is to provide a ''home away from home'' feeling for our guests and according to your comments, we seem to have succeeded. It is always a great pleasure for us to welcome you back.
We will look forward to your next visit.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (117)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Detroit
Reviewed July 11, 2014

This is a beautiful hotel. Staff is very friendly. Fine location. Rooms are great. Free very high speed internet. Very lovely breakfast. It has a small outdoor pool which is nice for a city hotel. Will stay here again.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Jeffrey M,

We are very happy to receive your feedback. Thank you very much for your kind comments about our hotel's features and the staff.
It will be our pleasure to welcome you back again.

Aventura, Florida
Reviewed July 7, 2014

We stayed for four nights at this property when visiting Istanbul for the first time and it is located in a very exclusive area. Excellent shopping, great local cafés and wonderful to even walk around at night
The hotel was immaculate, staff could not be nicer or more accommodating and the food was excellent. They even went the extra mile when while on the way to the airport my daughter forgot something in her room, making arrangements to send to us. The rooms were large, quiet and comfortable
Was a short 15 minute ride to main tourist sites, Blue Mosque, etc, and we would not hesitate to stay here again

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank Steven S
Gulcin K, Guest Relations Manager at Park Hyatt Istanbul - Macka Palas, responded to this review, July 10, 2014
Dear Steven S,

We are very happy to receive your comments. Thank you for the detailed explanation of your unique Park Hyatt experience in our hotel. We are sincerely delighted to see that you enjoyed the neighborhood and the services we provided.
We are looking forward to welcome you and your family back again.

Buenos Aires, Argentina
Reviewed July 6, 2014

I stayed four night in this hotel. It's located in a very exclusive area of Istanbul. At first, I thought the hotel was a bit far from the main tourist sights, but it was just a 15-minutes taxi ride to the city center and I ended up loving the hotel neighborhood, full of fancy cafes and restaurants. And there is also a great food court in a shopping mall, just 5 blocks from the hotel. The hotel is also quite close to Taksim square (15 min. walk), which is the heart of modern Istanbul.
The rooms are huge and extremely confortable.
As many reviewers highlighted, the staff is very helpful. We particularly appreciated the concierge service.
In short, I loved this hotel and I would certainly come back.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank juliobsas
Gulcin K, Guest Relations Manager at Park Hyatt Istanbul - Macka Palas, responded to this review, July 7, 2014
Dear juliobsas,

We are happy to see that you enjoyed your stay in our hotel.
It is a very constructive note that we truly exceeded your expectations with our location and the services we provided.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 1, 2014

I have been going to Istanbul for several years on work. This had a good rate to stay, and tried it over the W, Conrad, Hilton, Swiss ( all of which I have stayed in Istanbul in the last year). I like the pool available at Swiss ( too hard of beds) and the Hilton.

It is in a great part of Istanbul, not too touristy, more local, and right across form Kosebasi.

Room was very large, with some great amenities. The service overall was really good, the rooms superior to most in Istanbul. Well worth the stay would stay again.

One of the only disapointments of this hotel, is it does not have a good view of the Bospherous. But that really is its only drawbacks.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Tylor_the_Lorax
Dear Tylor_the_Lorax,

We are very happy to receive your feedback.
As still being one of the newest hotels in the city, we are truly honored that you chose to stay with us and that you really enjoyed it. Particularly mentioning our services made it a special remark and we are grateful.

Los Angeles
Reviewed June 23, 2014

I stayed here for 5 nights in June on business. The hotel is very competent. The room was large, well furnished and I liked the vintage Istanbul photography in the room. The pool was great - and I seemed to have to myself when I was there. The gym was just fine. But there was something missing that I cannot really put my finger on. But I just need not feel particularly welcome. I feel that I paid my money, and received my room in return. And nothing wrong with that - but with so many excellent hotels in the city, and my experience in other Park Hyatt's (notably recently the Park Hyatt Milan), I just felt tolerated, rather than welcomed. It was as if the hotel did not want me to come back.

May be it was because my room was intended for someone else. The welcome note on the credenza was addressed to another person. May be it was that they removed the welcome fruit (intended for the initial guest) the next morning and did not replace it. May be it was because when something of mine was broken, I had to call down to find out where it had gotten to, and then was told that it was broken - and no complaints - the item was promptly replaced without any inconvenience to me (although I cannot help but think the cost of the replacement was taken from the maid's salary).

Other reviewers note the over the top service and attention to detail - and I respect their opinions and experiences. But I did not experience this during my stay.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
4 Thank Purim
Dear Purim,

Thank you for your feedback.
We are sorry to hear that we could not achieve to provide the service which you expected. As Park Hyatt Istanbul, we aim to provide the authentic hospitality, which is this brand's one of the main cores. We will surely review ourselves carefully and ensure that we keep our quality as high as it deserves.
We will be very happy to welcome you back again.

Moscow, Russia
Reviewed June 19, 2014

We’ve stayed in Istanbul at weekend before going to our vacation at the sea coast.

If you do not mind missing Bosporus view (which exists only in executives suites) I’d say that Park Hyatt is the best place to stay in the city. Hotel is located in Nisantasi - the modern European part of Istanbul surrounded by boutiques, restaurants and expensive housing. You may find a lot of worldwide fashion brands just in a few steps away from the hotel. There is a park (Macka) very close to Park Hyatt. Our spacious windows overlook a small nice street which is not so noisy. There is a taxi station nearby so taxi is always available in a few minutes.

The hotel is located in an elegant historic building. To enter the hotel you should pass an arched metal detector. Interiors are designed in Art Deco style. The atmosphere is very cozy and staff is very friendly, attentive and helpful.

There are about 90 rooms only, very spacious and stylish. There is a steam bath and light therapy in the bathroom.

The choice for breakfast is not very wide, but all the foodstuff of very good quality and tasty.

I’d like to acknowledge the excellent work of the concierge service. All the tips in Istanbul were very useful. We visited excellent local restaurants on the concierge’s advice (especially liked Kosebasi which is opposite the hotel). Also we asked for a guide with Russian language and comfortable car for 8 hours tour of Istanbul. It was booked very quickly and we had a lovely time.

I ‘m certain that Park Hyatt is my choice for the next stay in Istanbul.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
3 Thank AnelA_11
Gulcin K, Guest Relations Manager at Park Hyatt Istanbul - Macka Palas, responded to this review, June 23, 2014
Dear AnelA_11,

Thank you very much for your detailed feedback about your stay. We are grateful to see that our location and room features exceeded your expectations, as much as our services. Nisantasi district is indeed a remarkable neighborhood for our guests and we are happy that this characteristic compliments with our hotel's art deco design.