“What an experience !!”

Ikbal Deluxe Hotel Istanbul
Ranked #1,005 of 1,175 Hotels in Istanbul
Reviewed December 6, 2009

Jet Airways - Jet Privilege - Blue Plus Member No. 137474794

We just returned from a four day stay in istanbul. Having travelled in a group of forty plus people, we had loads of fun...
Ikbal Deluxe Hotel is quite different from most of the hotels I have stayed in. The best part about the hotel is the location which is in close proximity to all the main attractions. Its actually walking distance from the Grand Bazar. The hotel has leased some shops commercially at the ground level so the entrance doesn't look like a hotel. Its only once you are in front of the hotel and read the sign board that you realize you've arrived. The hotel is surronded by other hotels with the same concept and mostly sell upmarket leather goods.

The staff are friendly in the hotel although language seemed to be a bit of a problem. I got an upgrade to an Executive room. The layout on each floor is a bit confusing with small corridors leading to certain rooms, which takes a while to get used to.

The room itself is good - the decor, which neat was different from my tastes - blue velvet curtains, blue velevt sofas and a blue velvet bedspread. The Plasma monitor (17 inch screen) just showed 1 English news channel while the other 50 odd channels transmitted just turkish stations (including CNN Turk). The bathrooms were good with a mini jacuzzi and some fresh cinnamon soap provided daily. The towels were also perfumed.

Our package included a daily buffet breakfast which was served in the restaurant on the 8th floor. The views from the resturant are panaromic and the buffet was elobarate and there was sufficient variety. I even tried out the a la carte menu , where the food was tasty and the portion size huge.

The gaming room for kids was nice with the coin operated machines. The sauna and steam room are complimentary only between 1pm and 5pm and chrgeable afterwards although the health club usage was free.

The only thing which was a bit irritating was the power sensors in the corridors. While it is good to be environmentally friendly, areas like the public corridors need some lighting on all the time. It becomes very difficult to find your way when the corridors are not straight and you have to wait till the light come on...
The other thing was no newspapers..for a hotel which has a four star rating I expect them to provide a daily newspaper...

Overall, it was quite an experience and I don't mind staying in the hotel again

• Stayed: December 2009
1  Thank bcDubai

Reviewed December 6, 2009

We always stop in this hotel all family. A place very convenient, nearby there are all sights. In the hotel all of us arranges, and services. We recommend.:)

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank Mihail031
Reviewed December 2, 2009

Contrary to all comments, this hotel is the best around Laleli. I come there often, therefore I know. In rooms are cleaned every day, a breakfast quite normal, the choice is, the personnel affable. Once again I will repeat - in comparison with other hotels this best. Julia.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed May 30, 2009

this hotel is absolutely CRAP!!..Having travelled to many countries all over the world, i can honestly say this is probably the worst hotel i have stayed in. Staff were rude, unhelpful and majority couldn't understand english. Rooms were appaling interms of what u book is not whast u get, poor A/C and the cleaning is beyond satisfactory. Take my advice, if u want a hassle free time during your visit to turkey, don't stay at this hotel..i made that mistake!

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled with family
5  Thank nj786
Reviewed February 26, 2009

I visited this hotel last year by chance because it was recommended to me from a friend of mine. I went to Istanbul on business and I needed a good hotel with good location because I wanted to combine business with pleasure of exploring tourist landmarks. I dont regret that I choose Ikbal hotel. My room was fresh and sunny and I had sea view. The breakfast was so variable - I enjoyed it much. The staff is well trained and they helped me for everything. Also the location is excellent - just some minutes walk to the old city center of Istanbul. I can say that during my stay I completed my duties successfully and I was very happy from my accommodation and my tourist program.
I can recommend this hotel to tourists also to business travellers. If I have chance I will go back there also again.

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed January 29, 2009

This place is very lovely and the people are so nice. The bed is comfortable and I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled solo
1  Thank kewlbabe
Reviewed September 27, 2008

Hello, dear friends. I just came back from this hotel and I was very satisfied from my stay, so desided to write my opinion. I travel to Turkey vey often on business and I had been to many hotels there but I can say that this one was the best I have been to.
I can recommend it to my business partners, friends and also Im planning to come again on vacation and take my girlfried with me also.
Wish all the best to all the staff....Keep going the same way

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled on business