All reviews taksim square turkey great hotel recommend this hotel metro station breakfast buffet clean rooms star hotel hotel is located bed was very comfortable tea and coffee yogurt spa channels personnel taxis tl
Reviewed April 19, 2012

The Titanic Taksim is an excellent hotel. The facilities are brilliant, the rooms are spacious and well finished an furnished  and the shower makes it difficult to not luxuriate for just a bit longer. Further highly commended is the spa, gym and mini-Hamam in the lower levels of the property.

Where the Titanic does sink, pardon the pun, is in its reception. I found the reception staff to be particularly unfriendly and less than helpful, there was a particular gentleman at reception who was incredibly impatient, so much so that we tended to avoid him. I imagined that it could be a language issue but I also take it that we were not the only English guests to stay at the Titanic. This was certainly the one issue that tainted the experience.

I will be heading to Istanbul again later this month, the Titanic is still on my list of hotels to look at, I'm hoping that my experience was a fluke, but as a contingency I will not to be booking my full stay there.

Overall though a good hotel in the Taksim area.

Room Tip: Choose a room that faces the main street. The room facing the ally way is a bit on the noisy side.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank marlinwebster
Reviewed April 9, 2012

We stayed here two nights while we did a quick tour of Istanbul. (We'll have to come back again.) The room was comfortable, the service great, and the breakfast bar was the biggest and broadest I've ever seen (at least 15 m).

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 6, 2012

Apparently this hotel is famous for not having sufficient airconditioners for the rooms. My family rented three rooms and all three had busted AC.

It was ok when we opened the widows, but the drunks on the street below kept us up the whole night.

Cleanliness had a lot to be desired as well as I found an empty pack of cigarettes under the bed when we first checked in.

• Stayed: April 2012
2  Thank PauAraos
Reviewed March 22, 2012

The rooms were tiny and there was nowhere to upen a clamshell suitcase except on the bed. The view was the window of an adjoining hotel a few metres away and the internet was useless.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed March 18, 2012

I stayed for three days at this hotel on business. Location was very convenient, and relatively quiet. The first good impression was that they had free WiFi but only at the reception. The floor routers had a bad signal. The rooms were small, but cosy. The view was unremarkable, but I suppose that you do not go to Istanbul to stay at the hotel!. Breakfast was rich,but not so Continental for my taste.Bakery goods were excellent and I preferred them most of the time. Fitness was more than satisfactory , and the traditional hammam met my expectations, being familiar with the situation. Overal a good recommendation for Istanbul

Room Tip: eooms at the back are quieter, but with no view, Prefer the front rooms.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business