WINNER WONDERLAND

“Good spacious hotel very good location” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Golden Park Hotel

Golden Park Hotel
Ranked #960 of 1,106 Hotels in Istanbul
“Good spacious hotel very good location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2013 via mobile

Hi,,it is the third time of me in this nice hotel
Walking around hotel and and specially across istiklal ave is my great fan in nice istanbul thanks to mr umit ince the kind manager of that group of hotels

Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Arash P

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
Lebanon
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2013

We stayed in June 2011 for 5 days(4 nights)
We took the breakfast option ( which was obligatory by our private tour) but it was a great breakfast, many varieties everyday..coffee machine, yogurt, fresh orange...
AC and wifi in rooms were a plus..but the pool was too small and cold (June) we only tried it once and for 5 min..
overall it was a pleasant stay

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Duabi
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2013

We stayed at golden park for 3 nights, and the only advantage it has, it is in Taksim square and nothing more. we check in on 15th of August 2013 early morning.

once we entered the room we noticed the dusty and dirty carpet and the bath was full of dust and dirt, and the safe box was alo broken, we had to ask for all to be fixed several times.

During our stay, they were not providing any blades or toothbrush and toothpaste.

When we checked out, they followed us on the street saying that we have used the bar (a bottel of water and cola 12 TYL) but we had not, I explained to the front desk manager that and he said that I had to pay regardless, then I ased for the person who made the report and then he said that he made a mistake. and the fron manager said... "you go now it is ok!!!!" no apologies!!!

very disrespectful treatment in total.. Not recommending the hotel at all.. please check for other hotels like La villa, Green Park, Point hotel....

at the time their swimming pool was alo broken..such a big mistake booking at this facility...

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank reza m

Travelers are raving about these Istanbul hotels

Tehran, Iran
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2013 via mobile

I stayed in this hotel for 5 days with mutt Family, we had 3 rooms and the service was all the same, being in the 9 th floor was a bonus as we could use the terrace. The rooms were clean, the breakfast was awesome and every thing was ok during our stay. The location of the hotel is a great advantage as you can access the metro in the Taksim square and also walk back from the Istiklal street late at night. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank PersianLeo
Kuwait City, Kuwait
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2013

1- General:
1- Rooms and baths were ok for a two or three star hotel.

2- No facial tissues were provided and when I asked for a pack of facial tissues in the morning, it was delivered in the evening after my second request.

3- The electric kettle was full of scale when I checked it and I had to clean it by simply wiping the insides walls with hot water and toilet paper. I wonder why they didn't think of that.
4- I must admit that the insulation was not efficient between the rooms in a way that I could here all sounds including verbal talks of my neighbors.
5- The TV set was of a size that you had to stay in a 2 meter distance in order to be able to see the screen clearly.

2- Air-conditioning:
1-My worst problem was the air-conditioning system (A/C) unit which was not up to the standards of central split units at all. It would operate fine within the first 20 minutes and then stop cooling except for blowing air with the fan sound so high.

2- I had to change the room because of poor A/C performance and also so much noise from neighbors.

3- The new room's A/C was the worst with high noise on all three fan speed levels and no cooling at all. Later I found out that the Hotel's administration switches off the cooling system to save energy and to cut on cost, and the customer has to be clever enough to ask them to switch the system back on again. "This usually happens very late at nigh.

3- Dining:
1- Breakfast buffet was OK if you disregard the inefficient waiters and their very poor command in English.

2- Some foods such as omelets were cold to the touch of a tongue and the boiling water for tea bags was only warm.

3- The buffet had the worst mushroom sauté with lots of salt and red peppers.

4- Gym:
1- The gym offered only a small sized swimming pool. All other equipments for a health club or gym were non operative even though they existed there.
2- The Spa offered message and relaxation choices.
3- The sanitary conditions were poor.
5- Room Cleaning and Conclusion:

1- I deliberately put 8 Turkish Lira coins on the table and went out. When I came back the money was gone. My friends told me that it was customary for the room service people to pick them up.

2- The room service cleaners didn't do a good job in cleaning the room except for their knowledge to tidy the bed.
They would leave bits of paper and other little rubbish behind waste baskets; leave the coffee cups and spoons unwashed, they didn't even bother to put them in their proper space in the coffee tray.

3- The reason I think that they have a problem understanding customer needs is the following brief in this point and the next one. This was so obvious with coffee/tea complimentary tray; when you use up all the brown sugar sachets and leave the white sugar unused, the cleaning person should know that it is time to bring more of brown sugar. But in this case they just left white sugar sacs instead.

4- One late night, looking for dinner in the lobby (and to get a better wi-fi signal than the one offered in the 6th floor), the receptionist positively directed me to the bar in the corner of the lobby. I went to the bartender and asked for a sandwich but he told me "The chef is not available tonight so we cannot serve you". You can go outside and get food from the grocery, he added.

I better leave the hotel, I told myself.

Room Tip: * Rooms on the back side are terrible because you only see the back walls, windows and cooling machi...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank amirmarafi
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2013

We stayed for a night while waiting our connecting flight back home. The hotel was better than what I expected. Rooms were spacious and comfortable. Free internet with a good connection. Didn't have the chance to have breakfast as I preferred to sleep a bit longer.
Something strange with the elevators, as if you take the wrong one, it will not lead you to where your room is located (apparently they have sort of a separate building)
It's a good hotel, definitely much better than what I experienced on my previous visit to Istanbul!

• Stayed May 2013
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 19, 2013

Choosing a hotel in Istanbul is extremely difficult unless you are loyal to a particular hotel brand, and this is even more difficult in the Taksim area as there are literally hotels everywhere you look! Golden park hotel was satisfactory as it covered all the bases (comfy beds, free wi-fi, clean and modern bathrooms and decent food). Its location is great as it is just outside Taksim square so you don't get the mad hustle and bustle but you are close enough to be able to walk into it if you are so inclined. The breakfast was very Turkish which may be off putting to those who aren't used to it! A highlight was the swimming pool area and spa. It was small but was made very well and the area had a very nice ambiance. Overall I thought it was good value!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family