“The best hostel for visiting Istanbul!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Big Apple Hostel & Hotel

Big Apple Hostel & Hotel
Ranked #46 of 1,175 Specialty Lodging in Istanbul
San Francisco, California
“The best hostel for visiting Istanbul!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2013

This hostel is absolutely amazing! The staff is so helpful with everything and with setting up daily activities around the city, there is a very affordable airport shuttle service, and it's in an extremely convenient location. The Blue Mosque is right in your back yard! Everything in Old Town is about a five or ten minute walk from the hostel. I cannot recommend this place enough for future travelers!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 2, 2013

One of the people at Reception was very rude and this behaviour was very bad and insulting, TV in my room was not working and i complain 3 times in 3 days about it but no body bothers to fix it,over all it was an average hotel/hostel

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Asiru
Big Apple Hoste... h, Manager at Big Apple Hostel & Hotel, responded to this review, February 13, 2013
Dearest guest, thank you very much for your feedback. I am terribly sorry that the TV in your room was not working during your first stay. Our staff was trying to fix it when we clean the room, but the TV actually needed to send back to the the shop for fixing. It took few days to return it to the hostel. There are two plasma TV at the lobby and the terrace for guests. I hope you understand that this was not an usual case in our hostel. Upon your second stay with us, we provide your family with another room and with a discounted price. I hope you found your second stay was pleasant with us. We welcome you to come back again and we will always serve you better. Warm regards, Mehmet Bingöl.
Tel Aviv, Israel
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 19, 2012

We spent a week long vacation in Istanbul, stayed one night in a dinky matchbox cell @ the second home hostel, then switched and stayed in this hotel for a whole week. Its location, friendly and not pushy staff, big clean and well kept rooms (we stayed at 401 and 304), nice breakfast and beautiful views from the breakfast terrace, in combination with the price (30-35 euro) for which you only get real dives in other hotels/hostels of that area, all make it by far the optimal choice for a nice stay in Istanbul - not comparable to the other places we've seen in any way. We warmly recommend it and would definitely go back there on our next visit.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Big Apple Hoste... h, Manager at Big Apple Hostel & Hotel, responded to this review, December 19, 2012
My dearest guest, I am Mehmet Bingöl ı,the Manager of the hostel , I would like to thank you for your review about big apple hostel on tripadvisor.I appreciate your kind comments. we will be very happy to host you with the same passion in big apple hostel when you come back to Istanbul. Warm regards from Istanbul
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 15, 2012

It was my first time to Istanbul.The hotel was great the moment you drive up the alley. Hotel staff would greet you with a smile and warmth that you would feel at home. It was fantastic hotel. All dining plates etc were cleared promptly. And breakfast was awesome!!
If I back again to Istanbul, certainly I will stay here.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 10, 2012 via mobile

We have stayed in the hotel for 4 days in a doubled- bed room. The room is really comfortable and I was so impressed by the buffet breakfast which serves with plenty of fresh veggie! The staffs here is also very helpful! Will back again if going to Istanbul again!

• Stayed December 2012
1 Thank Ching-lung
Riyadh, Ar Riyad, Saudi Arabia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2012

If you are looking for a cool place to stay in Istanbul right next to Blue mosque and Aya Sofia... walking distance to the tram... that's got extremely friendly staff, beautiful clean rooms, a balcony bar/breakfast lounge with spectacular view of the city... you CAN'T go wrong with Big Apple! I still remember when we arrived from our overnight bus all haggard and dusty... the friendly staff let us leave our bags and freshened up and offered us free breakfast at their rooftop lounge! You will make great friends at this place, I guarantee :)

(now this review is a bit long over due as I stayed there May 2010 but goes to show what an impression Big Apple made!)

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends
Belgrade
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 21, 2012

1. staff is great
2. Room - big, clean, nice,
3. pet is allowed - I have 2 small dogs
4. Value - 100% recommended
5. Breakfast is excellent

I will back again in this hotel, location is old town, European side. Near finish of Istanbul marathon.. all is great.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends