Big Apple Hostel & Hotel
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$419
Movenpick.com
Midtown Hotel(Istanbul)
$102
  • Breakfast included
Dersaadet Hotel Istanbul(Istanbul)(Great Value!)
$112
$177
$209
$157
InterContinental
  • Restaurant
WOW Airport Hotel(Istanbul)(Great Value!)
$67
$58
Orbitz.com
All reviewsgreat locationprivacy curtainsrooftop terracemixed dormblue mosquebunk bedsfree breakfastother gueststurkeyrooms are cleanhagia sophiamin walkevery morninghistorical sitesa great place to staynice breakfaststayed here for nights
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 11, 2011

The location was not so great..hard to find. The small morning buffet was fabulous. The free security lockers were great. The room was clean and the bathrooms are modern and clean.vThe only drawback are the people that work there..very unpleasant and not helpful at all.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed May 19, 2011

We stayed in BIG APPLE HOSTEL, ISTANBUL few days ago. To be honest, it's not a good experience to stay there. After a bad staying, there's an argument for the payment. The manager knew we paid the deposit on website (hostelworld), but he insisted hostelworld charged it, not the hostel itself. He'd charge us the full payment. We didn't know the policy of hostelworld, and he insisted, the most important thing was we're in a hurry to the airport, so, just gave him full payment. Actually, I thought about to pay what we should pay and then run away, but, my friend left the backpack there, and had to go back again. Don't know what they'll do to her afterward.
What should we do to get the money back? It's the WORST HOSTEL I've ever stayed in Turkey.
The toilets had no toilet paper, the bath drain blocked, only 1 socket in dorm, the staff switched off all lights without any apologise when I'm using computer in the lobby, even I'd use the light from the mon of my computer to pack the things.
And, a big rat welcomed me when I've just arrived, then, the staff told me to buy water on the street rudely which they don't provide water.
Turkey is a amazing country, but in the last destination of my trip, Istanbul, this hostel ruined everything. What a pity!

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with friends
3  Thank charmaine01
Reviewed May 2, 2011

Can't really fault the place. Location is excellent. Free breakfast was excellent. Seemed pretty sociable without being a nuisance. The dorm was clean, although I suppose rather cramped. Staff were friendly. For a few nights in a great (and pretty expensive city), I couldn't realistically have wanted more for the money.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled solo
1  Thank lauragads
Reviewed March 14, 2011

In the middle of the historical center of Istanbul, nearby the Hagia Sofia and the Blue Mosque lies the Big Apple Hostel in the absorbing district of Sultanahmed.
The Mosque even can be seen from the glass-lined rooftop garden in a distance of approximately 300 meters. The hostel comes with double rooms (which we rented) and shared rooms as well. You can reach most oft the parts of the city (party zone Taksim, Bosphorus ferries etc.) within minutes.

We were in Big Apple Hostel for nine nights in March. Costs for the room were 100 TL for a double room = 44 Euro. After the fourth night we got 10 per cent discount.
Included in the price is a simple but satiable breakfast containing rolls, cheese, coffee or tea, marmelade, chocolate, butter, eggs, ham. The breakfast is served at the rooftop garden from which you have a great prospect on Marmara-Sea and the roofs of Sultanahmed district.

It amazed me how a hostel with that quality and in that location could be so excellent in price.

The staffs of Big Apple Hostel are always friendly and attentive, speaking a proper english and have tips as well as recommandations on Istanbul for their guests.

The only point which gets a minus from my side are the straying cats which are entering the rooftop-garden from outside frequently looking there for shelter and/or something to eat. The rooftop-garden therefore is a bit smelly - I didn't like it - but to be honest, I don't like cats at all so much.

Last but not least: Big Apple Hostel is excellent in price good located in Istanbul with friendly staffs and a very good service.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Sehnsuchtsort
Reviewed February 7, 2011

my opinion about the big apple is very positive. is was really good, there is nothing to add, the people working there were very kind, rooms are clean and comfortable bunk beds especially in the morning having breakfast you take a fantastic view from the terrace of the hostel has something spectacular!

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled with friends