“Sylish and immaculate room and welcoming staff”

Witt Istanbul Suites
Ranked #8 of 1,129 Hotels in Istanbul
Southampton, United Kingdom
“Sylish and immaculate room and welcoming staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 30, 2011

We stayed for 4 nights and loved the style of this modern hotel. The staff were all very friendly and helpful. The breakfasts were very good and nicely presented. The location was convenient for the tram system and within 10 minutes walk of a large number of restaurants.

Room Tip: Room 22 has 4 full length windows and good views.
1 Thank Bilje113

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (267)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Sierra Madre ca
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2011

Both stylish and hospitable, the Witt pressed all our buttons! Our little suite was a comfortable home for 5 nights. The staff generously offered to upgrade us to their best suite (gratis) for our last night, but we were so at home in our room that we did not take advantage. A real climb, but as another guest mentioned, well worth it! I much prefered this neighborhood (Beyoglu) to the tourist oriented Sultanahmet.

1 Thank sierramadretravler
dubai
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2011

very friendly and very helpful staff. they know the best retaurants and you can blindly trust them. roomd are clean . design of the rooms is wonderful. I liked the location as well.
am trying to find something I didn't like but there is not..!
I's not for people who are looking for luxury fancy hotels . it's for us who are looking for a quite romantic place to hide. !

1 Thank khammas
South Coast
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2011

We went for for my partners birthday I let the hotel know that it was a surprise and there was great surprise for us both when we got to the suite there was cake waiting for us

From the pick up from the airport, to the check in at the Hotel, to the room service breakfast, to the advice on where to go to eat was excellent. All of the staff were willing and eager to help.

We will definitely be back.

London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2011

I normally don't bother writing reviews but an exception has to be made for the Witt Istanbul. We stayed in a City View suite between Christmas and New Year, and it was everything we had hoped for and more.

One of the first things my boyfriend said when we entered the room (gawking) - "If only I had a bachelor pad - this is what I'd want it to look like." Not to say that the room was couple-unfriendly (oh far from it), but the interior design was very modern and stylish, managing to balance between on-trend (think marble surfaces, metal lamps, stainless steel-equipped kitchen island, plasma TV) and elegant (well-placed wooden panelling, leather settee).

Enough people have raved about the bathrooms (six showerheads! Molton Brown heaven!) - we wanted to take a bath after climbing the hill (more on that below), but gladly settled for lack of bath(tub) and had a fantastic shower instead. The suite was very spacious and the bed was extremely comfortable (with a stylistic headboard to boot).

The staff are genuinely friendly and impeccable in their service - the receptionist who greeted us spend ages showing us where to go and what to see on a map; a request for an unusual nightcap was dealt with as best as possible by an employee who must have been, as we only later deduced, completely teetotal); incredibly, we were able to order breakfast in as room service - it involved simply ticking off choices on an order card, hanging it outside the room door and voila, breakfast arrived at the time requested in the morning with no additional "room service charge".

The hotel is located in a quiet residential area on a hill, and therefore trying to get to the nearest transport hub involves a bit of an uphill-downhill trek, but not undoable (good exercise!)

All in all, a fantastic experience - we can't imagine staying anywhere else if we do visit Istanbul again in the future.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
Tuncel, General Manager at Witt Istanbul Suites, responded to this review, March 23, 2011
Thank you very much for your feedback.
I would like to thank also my teammates who make such an experience possible. Our front office team, Onur, Aykut, Emrah and Can have been doing such a great job making our guests comfortable.
Last but not least, our housekeeping team also play a great role and they are usually the heroes who do not get recognized often. I truly appreciate their effort as well.
We are aware that living up to such high expectations is not easy and we will do our best to maintain this level satisfaction.
Best
Tuncel Toprak
New York, NY
common_n_hotel_reviews_1bd8 1,073 helpful votes
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 9, 2011

Trying to describe our stay at the Witt is akin to making a list of superlatives. We recently spent 9 nights in this little heaven of a hotel in the trendy area of Cihangir, a close walk from Istanbul’s center, Taksim Square.

From the moment you step your foot in this hotel, you will feel as if you have arrived home. The hotel is decorated as a warm and inviting place, which it most definitely is. Everything imaginable is thoughtfully provided. The rooms, suites really, are enormous; they are comfortable, clean, luxurious, appointed with every comfort: a divine feather bed; a bathroom that is equipped with a six-head shower and seemingly unlimited goodies from Molton Brown; a kitchen ‘island,’ complete with microwave oven, a Nespresso machine, utensils, and refrigerator; a work area with an iPod dock and hotel-wide free WiFi; and a sitting area with a flat-screen TV and CD/DVD player.

By the lobby, there is a sitting and reading area; one can borrow one of many guides on Istanbul and Turkey; take a book, magazine, or DVD to enjoy in your room; check email on a public iMac; or even borrow an iPad from the reception area for the duration of the stay. This is also where breakfast is served; it is breakfast without confines—you may order eggs as you wish to have them; a second or third fresh-pressed juice. The breakfast buffet is as inspired as the rest of the hotel: yogurt, nuts, fruit, cereals; but also cheese, cold cuts, breads and cakes.

As enthusiastic I sound about the hotel itself and its amenities, words do not suffice to describe the warmth of the hospitality, the kindness and professionalism of the staff, and the eagerness of everyone to be of service. This is no run-of-the-mill hotel service. I happened to have a medical emergency while staying there and I could feel the staff caring for me as if I were family. Emrah, Aykut and Onur who staff the reception area are not only knowledgeable, eager, and courteous professionals; they are also warm and caring friends.

This is more than a boutique hotel; it is more than a luxurious hideout with impeccable service. This is a destination in itself. I was sad to leave the hotel and the staff at the end of my trip, but I have no doubt I will stay there again on my next visit to Istanbul.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
4 Thank EANYC
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 8, 2011

This is hands down the greatest hotel I have stayed in Istanbul and the only hotel there that I will keep coming back to. I stayed at a Sea View suite, which was larger than a typical Manhattan apartment, with very hip interior design, very spacious with a brilliantly kitted out kitchenette, a lovely sitting area with flat-screen TV, four great French windows, a very comfortable king size bed with goose down duvet, a big wardrobe and a lovely marble bathroom with a fantastic shower unit and Molton Brown toiletries. The rooms are well insulated so that you do not hear neighbouring noise.

There is no room service, which is a great idea for that part of town: At your request, the reception hands you a great array of take-away menus from nearby restaurants and help you with the order. The Management has also brought together a catalogue of recommended restaurants and venues across Istanbul, which is worth checking out if you are not familiar with the town.

The breakfast is fantastic with a vast combination of Turkish and Continental breakfast options. You can also have your breakfast delivered to your room, which is free and a great way of enjoying your room to the fullest.

The location is absolutely stellar, on the quieter lower section of Cihangir, which is one of my favourite locations. Istanbul is my hometown and I love that the hotel is not in the touristy Sultanahmet or the supremely noisy Taksim Square. You can walk up to Taksim in a few minutes and taxis are abundant.

The hotel staff is absolutely brilliant - very courteous, friendly, helpful and quick. Anything you request is fulfilled within minutes.

The photos of the rooms on the web page are honest, therefore what you see is what you get - which has never been the case in my experience so far. I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at Witt Istanbul and hugely recommend it to anyone who are looking for a truly stellar hotel in that price range.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple