“Professional and helpful staff, attention to details, breathtaking location and luxurious!!!”

Four Seasons Istanbul at the Bosphorus
Ranked #37 of 1,156 Hotels in Istanbul
Sao Paulo, SP
Reviewed March 1, 2014

If the comfort of your stay will play a relevant part in your trip, then the Four Seasons Bosphorus is definitely the place to stay in Istanbul. The cordiality of its staff, from the guy that opens the door to you until the chef in its restaurant, deserves some special mention. The interaction with the Concierge made a relevant difference in our trip. They were really great! The breakfasts were impeccable. And last, but not least, their Haman, highly recommendable. It was worth every cent!
We did not ask for the transfer service the hotel offers, but there's a person at Ataturk Airport from the hotel that can help you when you arrive and leave.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
FSBosphorus, General Manager at Four Seasons Istanbul at the Bosphorus, responded to this review, March 23, 2014
Dear Andrerch,

Thank you very much for sharing this post and for the kind comments about your stay in February. It is a big pleasure to see that you've found the hotel comfortable and our staff very helpful as well as professional. Our people are our biggest asset and it makes me proud to see your compliments for our airport greeter, doorman, Concierge and the entire team.

We look forward to being your host again in the nearest future...

Best regards to Sao Paulo,

Leonardo Baiocchi

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (304)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Lahore, Pakistan
Reviewed February 27, 2014

I stayed at the Four Seasons Istanbul at the Bosphorus while on a business trip, and accompanied by my spouse and 4 month old baby. The hotel took care of all my needs as a professional, allowing me to do my job better. And it pre-empted all my needs as a mom, allowing me to care for and enjoy my stay with my baby and spouse better. The hotel has amazing views, most courteous and efficient staff, is close to public transportation options--- in short, it was everything you expect a good hotel to be. I am not an easy-to-please hotel guest, and I do travel around the world for work quite a bit, and get to stay in hotels in the US, France, Morocco, Vietnam, Egypt, Austria, UK, Pakistan, Zambia, Thailand, Malaysia to name a few countries--- and in some of these at a Four Seasons too, but I find the four Seasons at the Bosphorous the best hotel I have stayed at yet.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Dear M K,

Thank you very much for sharing this post about your business stay in February. We are delighted to be rated as "the best hotel" by a "not easy-to-please" traveller. It gave me great pleasure to read that we have managed to make your life easier while you were staying with us and you had an enjoyable time with your family, especially with the little one.

We hope that you will visit us again soon, hopefully this time for leisure...

Tel Aviv, Israel
Reviewed February 27, 2014

amazing hotel in all aspects. nice view, gorgeous spa (*the massages are great, but the Hamam treatment was pretty basic and I would recommend booking it outside the hotel), comfortable bed, good food, excellect service. a great hotel for a romantic getaway.
Only thing that I would avoid is booking a room that overlooks the "garden". as the "garden" view partly overlooks the road and parking lot/ entrance to the hotel.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Inna B,

Thank you very much for this amazing post and for your kind comments about your experience in February.

I am happy to find out that you've enjoyed your stay with us and loved the Spa but sorry to hear that you've found the hammam ritual "basic" when compared with the other treatments you've tried. I hope that we'll be given another chance during your future visits and we'll make sure to provide you with a unique hammam experience.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the nearest future...

Jersey, Channel Islands
Reviewed February 22, 2014 via mobile

This hotel is well frequented by international officials, for example Francois Hollande, President of France was staying here at the time of our visit. This did of cause some restrictions at the hotel.

The hotel does have the benefit of some space at the front of the hotel overlooking the Bosphorus, with a swimming pool set off to the right side of the hotel and like all good hotels in Istanbul has a spa facility.

None of the rooms had balconies, leaving a slight claustrophobic feeling. Nonetheless the rooms were all very comfortable, with a variety of rooms but honestly the views could not beat those of the Shangri-La and especially those of the Çirağan Palace (See my other reviews).

Stayed January 2014
Dear tycariadus,

Thank you very much for sharing this post about your visit in January.

I'm happy to read that you had a pleasant time with us and the security restrictions have not shadowed your entire stay. I appreciate your kind comment about guest rooms lacking balconies. We have only 4 rooftop suites (Palace Bosphorus suites) with their own exclusive terraces but the rest of the rooms have no balconies. I am very sorry to see that this made you feel a bit claustrophobic. Hopefully next time you visit us, the weather will be much better and the outdoor terrace will be in service.

We hope to welcome you again during your future trips to Istanbul...

Best regards to Channel Islands,

Bogota, Colombia
Reviewed February 20, 2014 via mobile

It doesn't get better than this. Beautiful hotel, intimate, perfect staff service, location right on the Bosphorus, and maybe the most comfortable bed and pillows I ever had. I wanted to stay in bed and not sleep just to be in bed. Ok slight exaggeration. Food is excellent also.

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Dear Oleebg,

Thank you very much for sharing this post about your stay in February.

It is a big pleasure to read that you described your experience as "perfect" and enjoyed your time with us. I see that you commented about the comfort of the beds and pillows. Please stay tuned for the new "Four Seasons bed", which I'm sure you will love even more!

We look forward to being your host again in the nearest future...

Donnacona, Canada
Reviewed February 19, 2014

we stayed at this hotel for a prolonged weekend last February. As can be expected by a Four Seasons hotel the room was spacious and immaculately clean. What stood out was definitaly the spa and the location of the hotel. Further, the help and taxi tips received by the "door men" were very good and much appreciated. Perhaps a little advice to travelers seeking a authentic turkish dinner, really do mention this to the concierge. My wife and myself often appreciate to dig into real local food in restaurants where locals would also go to. Yet the restaurants the concierge reserved where of course all delicious, yet were unfortunately all upscale restaurants and the the local restaurant we were expecting. This as tip for future guests who prefer a more down to earth dinner...

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Haddock1910
Dear Haddock1910,

Thank you very much for sharing this post about your stay in February.

I'm happy to see that you loved the location, Spa and the cleanliness of the Hotel, which is also one of my top priorities. I'm also pleased to see your comment on local food. Istanbul is a dynamic city with a wide range of restaurant alternatives. We have only one restaurant at the Hotel, Aqua, which serves Italian cuisine.

However, as we strongly believe that we should be offering an authentic Turkish dinner experience as well, we've recently enhanced our Turkish menu at the Lounge and renewed the whole ambiance during dinner service. We hope that you will have a chance to enjoy this new menu during your next visit to Istanbul.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon...

Best regards to Canada,

Western Ireland, Ireland
Reviewed February 7, 2014 via mobile

Recently stayed at this hotel and everything about it is class. Fab room overlooking Bosphorous,excellent food and service not to mention the spa.The hotel is in a great location with staff that are superb. We were so impressed and can't wait for a return visit both to the hotel and Istanbul. This city has come on so much in the past years,great sightseeing,shopping etc. And we should also express our thanks to Turkish Airlines,they make all other European airlines look like low cost airlines. Many thanks.Ciaran K.

Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Ciaran K
Dear Ciaran K,

Thank you very much for sharing this post about your stay in January. I'm delighted to read that you've enjoyed your time with us and you've described your experience as an impressive one.

We look forward to welcoming you and your friends back in the nearest future...

Best regards to Western Ireland,