This hotel has a lot going for it:
Beautiful grounds and buildings, spacious rooms with gorgeous bathrooms, great food, and a divine swimming pool right by the water, perfect for some R-n-R. Location wise it really depends on what you are looking for. If close proximity to the major sights is a priority then maybe the Four Seasons at the Sultanahmet is a better option ( a lot of traffic makes the commute 45 minutes). Personally though, I found their location to be their greatest asset – outside the tourist trap Sultahmet, in a part of town with great dining options and right by the Bosphorus.
Two downsides: the service, although smiling and friendly, is too slow in the restaurant for a hotel of this caliber. The service appeared somewhat disorganized and it took several minutes on every occasion before we were approached. However, I did address this in their questionnaire and received a thorough response, which gave a good impression. Also I was very pleased with the other aspects of their service, the concierge in particular.
The other downside is the fact that the hotel can get a bit busy, since a lot of other people other than guests come for both meals and functions. This made the ambiance somewhat less serene than I would have desired. Neither of these two aspects in any way ruined our stay though.
All in all this was a very pleasurable stay and I will definitely stay here again the next time I visit Istanbul.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Four Seasons Hotel Istanbul at the Bosphorus. On the European bank of the Bosphorus – which flows through Istanbul’s history and heart – Four Seasons gives a 19th-century palace a fresh, eclectic spirit. Alluring facilities include a chic urban spa. Fine restaurants and pools by the quayside overlook the Asian shore. And all are awash in the light, space and excitement of this water’s-edge location. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets and Jetsetter so you can book your Four Seasons Istanbul at the Bosphorus reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Four Seasons Istanbul At The Bosphorus Hotel Istanbul
- 4 Seasons Istanbul At The Bosphorus
- Four Seasons The Bosphorus
- Istanbul Four Seasons