The hotel with one word is fantastic. It was going to be more fantastic if the rooms were really on the Bosphorus, which is a gem of the nature every hour of the day. So be prepared to shed very big bucks if you want to see the Bosphorus from your room. There are (as we were informed), only six suites in the old building looking towards the Bosphorus. All other rooms have a view to the garden. The new hotel is built like the Greek letter PI. (Π) The small side being the old palace and the longer sides the newly built wings, and even Dedalus could have found his way to his room with a certain degree of difficultly. Going to your room with the elevator don't forget to put your room card into the socket. Rooms are spacious, beds oneiric and bathrooms of the highest standards. Although it will take you a better part of a shower to figure out which way to turn the nob for the water to come through the rain style shower. Don't get me wrong, it is written on the shower, but if you use glasses and don't go into the showers with your glasses you just don't see it. The breakfast is of Gargantuan proportions that you can skip lunch. Eggs are included in the price and have a different taste towards the bosphorus. When you reserve prefer the breakfast included version, otherwise you will have to pay a 100$ a couple.
If the weather permits and you go in the front garden of the hotel, believe me, you will have another perception of nature and beauty. The service is more than perfect. The smile is always on their lips. On my opinion a smile is half of happiness. Tipping is not necessary (as the service charge of 15% is included in the price.) but highly appreciated. Turks are very proud people, tip or not you will get the same attention.
BUT BEWARE: The Euro prices that you see in the internet does not mean anything. First of all there is a surcharge of 8% of local taxes. This is mentioned in the internet reservation. But when you come to pay they convert the Euros into Turkish Liras and charge you with Turkish Liras. So in practice you have a double jeopardy on your card. Euros into Liras from the hotel if you agree or not and from your bank that will sell you back Euros. The difference will come easily to 10%. So a 500 Euros room will cost you (with the taxes) 595 Euros, depending on the scruples of your bank. This is a policy that is not very aptitude for a hotel of four seasons standard. It tastes like a rip off I may say.
So you have been warned.
We enjoyed every moment of it, luckily the bill comes at the end.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Four Seasons Hotel Istanbul at the Bosphorus. On the European bank of the Bosphorus – which flows through Istanbul’s history and heart – Four Seasons gives a 19th-century palace a fresh, eclectic spirit. Alluring facilities include a chic urban spa. Fine restaurants and pools by the quayside overlook the Asian shore. And all are awash in the light, space and excitement of this water’s-edge location. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Travelocity, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Booking.com, Hotwire, Cancelon, Agoda, Cheap Tickets, Ctrip TA, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Four Seasons Istanbul at the Bosphorus reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Four Seasons Istanbul At The Bosphorus Hotel Istanbul
- 4 Seasons Istanbul At The Bosphorus
- Four Seasons The Bosphorus
- Istanbul Four Seasons