“Great time - good food!!”

Sarnic Hotel Turkish Cooking Class
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: While in Istanbul, why not take the time to learn some delicious Turkish recipes which you can share with your friends and family when you return home? The class is held in the hotel's kitchen and features a local chef as instructor. During the four-hour class, you will prepare a five-course meal of traditional dishes. Recipes are provided for your keeping and the group enjoys a delicious meal of their own creation in the restaurant at the end of the session. Come with your own group or meet new people in the class. The class size, ranging from 2 to 6, allows for each person to actively participate in the food preparation.
Wisconsin
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Great time - good food!!”
Reviewed November 13, 2012

This was my first cooking class and I enjoyed it! Chef and Instructor were very professional and patient!! Learned some new things to bring back home with me. I would advise this class, however, 6 in the class is just the right size, any more would be crowded.

2 Thank ToesWisconsin

zaros
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 50 helpful votes
“DO IT ..!!”
Reviewed October 31, 2012

Even I who am from Greece and our food is similar .. I enjoyed those 3 hours of cooking and lunch with...with Mehmet and his Chef
DETAILED execution made my PARTICIPATION PLEASANT!!

1 Thank Vivi-Zaros
Grande Prairie
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“We both loved it!”
Reviewed October 10, 2012

My husband and I participated in the class and couldn't have enjoyed it more. We learned a lot and loved visiting with Mehmet, our chef and other travelers visiting Istanbul. If you love to eat and/or cook, you'll love this class! The rooftop meal at the end (that we prepared!) was so much fun. We really recommend doing this as part of your Istanbul visit.

1 Thank Laura81GP
Doha, Qatar
74 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 276 helpful votes
“Fantastic experience!”
Reviewed September 13, 2012 via mobile

I'm soo glad we did this! I'm an experienced cook, my husband isnt but we had so much doing this! Learnt so much about Turkish food culture and in our 3 weeks in Turkey this was the best meal we had! Fun, learning, doing just right proportions. Our stand out dish was something called Hunkar Begendi which was like a beef casserole served over a smoked eggplant puree. The puree was a revalation! It started out like a bechamel and then we added these roasted eggplants and WOW! Its just not something I would have ever tasted or even thought to do?? But it tasted incredible. Weve got the recipe and will be trying at home. A great class, run by great people.

1 Thank SumoDoha
Sydney, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Great cooking course for novice or expert cooks alike”
Reviewed September 11, 2012

Have just arrived back from the Sarnic Hotels cooking class. Wow, what a fabulous experience !
Mehmet Emen , the manager of this hotel runs the course which started at 11 a.m. and finished at 3p.m. when we ate the results of our 'toil' on the rooftop terrace of this Hotel. Mehmet is a very patient teacher who speaks perfect English and being a novice chef I was apprehensive before the class began. However very quickly my confidence grew and I really enjoyed learning from an enthusiastic teacher and equally my partner who is a very good cook was enjoying learning some new ideas. Rest assured this guy can teach and what we tasted at the end was mouthwatering!!
Can't wait to get back home to try the recipes out. Great value , an all round memorable experience

Visited September 2012