“Small boutique hotel - great location”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of I'zaz Lofts

I'zaz Lofts
Ranked #52 of 1,031 Istanbul B&B and Inns
“Small boutique hotel - great location”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 17, 2012 via mobile

We loved staying at I'zaz Loft. It is like being in your own apartment with helpful staff.
This is a tiny hotel, with only four rooms, one on each floor. The rooms are very comfortable and well appointed with an excellent bathroom. There is a lovely room at the top with a great view over Istanbul, with a kitchen, which the guests can use.
There is no lift and rooms are accessed by a spiral staircase, so only suitable for fit people!

• Stayed May 2012
1 Thank CeliaPatron

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
  • Turkish first
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 9, 2012

I was in Istanbul for a week of meetings. My company usaully books me into one the the big hotels in Taksim. This time I was able to book my own place and took a stab at a smaller hotel. I am so happy I choose Izaz. For one thing this not like any hotel I have ever been to. After the taxi driver was able to zero in on the place found it have just four rooms. I stayed on the fourth floor. From what I understand the lower floor have higher cieling and a bit more space, but I was just below their terracem on the roof. This an awesome feature about the place esspecailly in the spring weather to enjoy a beer and meet with colleages. The rooms are modern and super clean. I especailly liked the neigborhood, so much more flavor than Taksim Square. Peace

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2012

really nice place, very well designed and thought out. staff were very friendly. nice kitchen area with surprisingly good facilities. bathroom was amazing!! also a really fun, vibrant area with lots going on.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Washington DC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2012

The location is ideal, the place was very comfortable, cute, clean. The staff was extremely helpful and friendly. I loved it!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
Brussels
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2012

Perfect location, friendly and helpful staff.
Modern design. Beautiful common terrace.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Brooklyn, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2012

I definitely felt at home during my three-night stay here. In fact, it was almost like having a stylish studio apartment in Istanbul. Before I booked a room here, I had read some negative comments about street noise. I found during my stay that this was completely a non-issue. The windows were triple-glazed, and with the background noise of the AC/fan unit, I slept just fine. The rooftop kitchen-lounge was awesome. I met the owner of the property-a very nice guy from California who's super knowledgeable about Istanbul. We chatted over drinks and he ended up recommending an excellent restaurant for my dinner that evening.

Bottom line: if you are looking to stay in a small boutique property in a perfect spot in Beyoglu that's a short walk away from Taksim, Galata, Pera, and Cihangir, I'zaz Lofts is definitely it!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
dublin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2012

When you arrive to a new city you always feel bit lost...and Istanbul is a massive city!! My friend and me were so scary at the beggining about where to stay and we saw very nice comments about this place, and it´s very handy to get there from Taksim. And it was definitely worthy!!
Place is very well located, rooms are clean and originally decorated, and most important the personal is so helpful that you really feel like being at home.
We had lots of question about the city and what to give priority, and the Izaz staff is so great that even told us a couple of place where local people normally go to dance and listen great music (Araf and Laila´s terrace)
It´s a great place to stay whether is your first time in Istanbul or not :)

Room Tip: We stayed at the second floor and it was a great room, not noisy