“best in istanbul”

Ranked #45 of 1,051 Istanbul B&B and Inns
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“best in istanbul”
Reviewed April 28, 2012

really nice place, very well designed and thought out. staff were very friendly. nice kitchen area with surprisingly good facilities. bathroom was amazing!! also a really fun, vibrant area with lots going on.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
  • Turkish first
Washington DC
Reviewed April 23, 2012

The location is ideal, the place was very comfortable, cute, clean. The staff was extremely helpful and friendly. I loved it!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
Brussels
Reviewed April 23, 2012

Perfect location, friendly and helpful staff.
Modern design. Beautiful common terrace.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed April 12, 2012

I definitely felt at home during my three-night stay here. In fact, it was almost like having a stylish studio apartment in Istanbul. Before I booked a room here, I had read some negative comments about street noise. I found during my stay that this was completely a non-issue. The windows were triple-glazed, and with the background noise of the AC/fan unit, I slept just fine. The rooftop kitchen-lounge was awesome. I met the owner of the property-a very nice guy from California who's super knowledgeable about Istanbul. We chatted over drinks and he ended up recommending an excellent restaurant for my dinner that evening.

Bottom line: if you are looking to stay in a small boutique property in a perfect spot in Beyoglu that's a short walk away from Taksim, Galata, Pera, and Cihangir, I'zaz Lofts is definitely it!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
dublin
Reviewed April 10, 2012

When you arrive to a new city you always feel bit lost...and Istanbul is a massive city!! My friend and me were so scary at the beggining about where to stay and we saw very nice comments about this place, and it´s very handy to get there from Taksim. And it was definitely worthy!!
Place is very well located, rooms are clean and originally decorated, and most important the personal is so helpful that you really feel like being at home.
We had lots of question about the city and what to give priority, and the Izaz staff is so great that even told us a couple of place where local people normally go to dance and listen great music (Araf and Laila´s terrace)
It´s a great place to stay whether is your first time in Istanbul or not :)

Room Tip: We stayed at the second floor and it was a great room, not noisy
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Belgrade, Serbia
Reviewed April 2, 2012

This is not the first time I travel to Istanbul nor the first time I stayed at izaz. But since I discovered this place, I do not prefer to stay elsewhere. (i guess the last time was app 2 years ago)
I like this place. Not only because of its cool design but the concept is great too. Staff is always nice and smiley but no fake hotel/guest smiles, they really are like a good old friend.
Since this is my second time here, I will make a comparison of what have changed or not.
Pros: Maintenance and keeping it up to date is amazing. The place looks like it opened up 1 month ago. Staff, although some changed since my last stay, still the best.
Cons: There are more boutique hotels recently opened up on the street and surrounding streets. Before it was like staying in a street where only locals existed so I would feel like I am also one of them. Now there are more tourists on the street, given the great location, no surprise but it was like my secret space, so close to all attractions but still hidden. By all means, it is not like some streets in Sultanamet or Talimene, all touristy crap, here you still have the local vibe with the local barber, flower store etc.
P.S. They also own the building next door, it is a small independent art centery place where they provide some classes, workshops etc and also there is a small cafe at the first level. So if you have enough time, give it a try.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Ivan L
istanbul
Reviewed March 30, 2012

I stayed in I´zaz Lofts during five days and I really felt like i was at home. The hotel was so clean and people was so kind. The design was very spectacular. Highly recomended.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled solo