“Lovely service, central und nice breakfast.”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Emine Sultan Hotel

Emine Sultan Hotel
Ranked #174 of 1,129 Hotels in Istanbul
Munich, Germany
“Lovely service, central und nice breakfast.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 22, 2013

With the first step into this cosy little place I felt welcome and comfortable. The friendlyness and service of the 24h staff is amazing, in the lobby you always have fruits, sweets and biscuits, they also offer drinks and help you to coordinate your stay and organize tours (only the 7€ airport trip you get next door for 5€). Internet, printer and books/magazines are available, also Wifi in the rooms is free.

Though this hotel is a bit hidden in a small street (taxi drivers dont know it), it is very central and in walking distance to main sights like the blue mosque, aya sofya, topkapi and grand bazar and also the tram station.

From the roof top (breakfast) you have a wonderful view to the blue mosque and over the marmara sea. The breakfast is fresh and nice, mostly local dishes, including turkish coffee.

If you have the room in the 4th floor, be aware that you are right next to the breakfast room and due to the old construction the noise of plates and cuttlery will not let you sleep after 7am. Also, the nice mosque view brings a lot of noise when they start to pray out of max-level speakers which will throw you out of bed with the sunrise - but I guess due to the amount of mosques in this area this will happen in any hotel.

The rooms are small and so is the bathroom, but the decoration is lovely with many nice details. TV and fridge are available and the cleaning is perfect. Maybe they should think of a little renovation in the bathroom and insulate windows and doors from noise and cold. Still, air con and heating are working well.

I would definitely recommend this place to everyone who does not need the space of a 5* hotel but values individual friendliness and service.

Room Tip: Try 3rd floor or view to the south to avoid noise.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Martin D

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Kiev, Ukraine
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 22, 2013

I stayed at the Emine Sultan Hotel for 5 nights in Nov 13. It's very cute, really authentic small hotel, furnitured in ottoman style, with a lot of cute details, very clean and cosy, with good breakfast served on terrace with beautiful view on Bosphorus and Blue Moscue, very affordable prices.Specially want to say about customer service - hotel's staff provides really 5 stars service, they were so friendly and helpful! I ran Istambul marathon, was totally tired and exousted and girl on reception booked for me turkish bath with free transportation from hotel and back and it I really need at that moment!
Also hotel is great located, with a few steps to Sultamahmet square and near to tramway station.
The only thing I don't like - morning pray at the nearest moscues. It woke me up every early morning. But I guess It's impossible to avoid this livig in the city with a lot of moscues all around.
It was wonderful stay and I hope to come back to Istambul and to Emine Sultan.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank CrazyRunner13
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2013

What a great hotel this is! A perfect location within easy walking distance to all the major attractions Istanbul has to offer. The hotel is run by the fabulous Ozen and her family. Nothing was too much trouble for them. Cagri (the manager) booked flights, transfers and let us have a late checkout, he went over and above helping us. Dogen and the rest of the staff were also very helpful with organising a doctor for us and giving us great advice on sightseeing.
The breakfast was very good and looked over the Bosphorus and we even had views of the Blue Mosque. We have now become friends with them all and would recommend staying there.
We will return!!! Thanks guys!!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank janwah
Islamabad, Pakistan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 15, 2013

This is my second stay at "Emine Sultan Hotel". The hotel has a great location, close to all the major attraction. The hotel is clean and has very friendly/helpful staff. My check in was very smooth and i was served with fantastic Turkish delight (locum). The breakfast was good and had lots of variety with amazing views of marmara sea from the window. The reason i chose this hotel is because of the great location and hospitality. My special thanks to Mr. Dogan who adviced me through out the trip. I will definitely visit the hotel again and recommend this hotel to all.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank AsadTariq
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 9, 2013

I this small Hotel is placed in the middle of History - the staff are so helpfull polite and professionel.
It has been a super experience- We have stayed for Four days an We have enjoyed

Best regards Minna

• Stayed November 2013
EmineSultanHotel, Genel Müdür at Emine Sultan Hotel, responded to this review, November 11, 2013
Dear Honoured Guest,

It has been a great pleasure for all of us at Emine Sultan to host you at our hotel.

We are trying to do our best to give you best recommendations that we sure about.

Such comments motivates us more than anything and shows us we are on the right path.

Thanks for your advice about our fabulous terrace view !

We wish you an enjoyable trip and we will be pleased to welcome you back in the near future.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2013

Although I had booked for just a couple of days staying there, I stayed there for almost two weeks. there were different reasons which made me change my decision and stay there longer.

I found this hotel completely by chance while I was walking down the street taking photos. It was its appearance which grabbed my attention first and its staff. Also considering the fact that you are visiting a new country to learn more about its culture and people, what I experienced there was that it is really better to stay in smaller hotel with less rooms than a big modern one.

First of all the location where it place is really fascinating specially for ones who loves the traditional parts of each city. for me who has stayed in different places in Istanbul like Taksim, it was great to feel safe when I come back late at night.
Secondly, the staff were really nice, helpful, considerate and kind. I had some problems in my trip for which I had to extend my stay, they passionately helped me. and this relationships was great for me since I was alone at that time.
Thirdly, the room was beautifully designed which makes you feel more comfortable like you are at home. I was so impressed by its design that I wanted to experience two different rooms during my stay.
Finally the view from the restaurant was amazing where you are able to sit the whole day and do your work while watching the see birds and the changing weather.
I should really thank you all for making my days there, for your help and support as well.

Room Tip: It is better to have room in upper level in see side than first one to have better view to see.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
3 Thank Golriz F

Carlsbad, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2013

We stayed at the hotel before and after our tour. The location is good, very close to Hipodrom, yet away from the busy tourist section. There are fresh fruit, cookies, cakes and Turkey delight in the reception area. The view from breakfast room is great. The room is very very small. We had a twin-beds room. Besides the beds, there is a small square table, with refrigerator under it, and a very small TV on top of it. There is a narrow table with mirror, and a tiny night stand between two beds. Only one chair (like an ottoman), we put one luggage on top of it. The closet has hangers but no shelf, we placed the other luggage in it. The bathroom is very compact, the wash basin is so small that I think it is comical. There is no safe in the room, you may leave your valuables at the reception desk. We did that the first day, then we realized they didn't put in their safe, just under their table. We decided to leave the valuable in our own room instead. I don't know if most of the hotel rooms in Old Town are like this. It is OK if you know what to expect, and only spent time sleep in it. One reason we chose this one is because the travel agency said the receptionists are helpful and friendly. We found it Yes and No. Mr. Dogan is very helpful, the other ones are not. And be aware of the restaurants they recommended.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple