“Fantastic Family Run Hotel!”

Emine Sultan Hotel & Suites
Ranked #179 of 1,159 Hotels in Istanbul
Reviewed November 18, 2013

What a great hotel this is! A perfect location within easy walking distance to all the major attractions Istanbul has to offer. The hotel is run by the fabulous Ozen and her family. Nothing was too much trouble for them. Cagri (the manager) booked flights, transfers and let us have a late checkout, he went over and above helping us. Dogen and the rest of the staff were also very helpful with organising a doctor for us and giving us great advice on sightseeing.
The breakfast was very good and looked over the Bosphorus and we even had views of the Blue Mosque. We have now become friends with them all and would recommend staying there.
We will return!!! Thanks guys!!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank janwah

Reviewed November 15, 2013

This is my second stay at "Emine Sultan Hotel". The hotel has a great location, close to all the major attraction. The hotel is clean and has very friendly/helpful staff. My check in was very smooth and i was served with fantastic Turkish delight (locum). The breakfast was good and had lots of variety with amazing views of marmara sea from the window. The reason i chose this hotel is because of the great location and hospitality. My special thanks to Mr. Dogan who adviced me through out the trip. I will definitely visit the hotel again and recommend this hotel to all.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank AsadTariq
Reviewed November 9, 2013

I this small Hotel is placed in the middle of History - the staff are so helpfull polite and professionel.
It has been a super experience- We have stayed for Four days an We have enjoyed

Best regards Minna

• Stayed: November 2013
EmineSultanHotel, Genel Müdür at Emine Sultan Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded November 11, 2013

Dear Honoured Guest,

It has been a great pleasure for all of us at Emine Sultan to host you at our hotel.

We are trying to do our best to give you best recommendations that we sure about.

Such comments motivates us more than anything and shows us we are on the right path.

Thanks for your advice about our fabulous terrace view !

We wish you an enjoyable trip and we will be pleased to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed October 29, 2013

Although I had booked for just a couple of days staying there, I stayed there for almost two weeks. there were different reasons which made me change my decision and stay there longer.

I found this hotel completely by chance while I was walking down the street taking photos. It was its appearance which grabbed my attention first and its staff. Also considering the fact that you are visiting a new country to learn more about its culture and people, what I experienced there was that it is really better to stay in smaller hotel with less rooms than a big modern one.

First of all the location where it place is really fascinating specially for ones who loves the traditional parts of each city. for me who has stayed in different places in Istanbul like Taksim, it was great to feel safe when I come back late at night.
Secondly, the staff were really nice, helpful, considerate and kind. I had some problems in my trip for which I had to extend my stay, they passionately helped me. and this relationships was great for me since I was alone at that time.
Thirdly, the room was beautifully designed which makes you feel more comfortable like you are at home. I was so impressed by its design that I wanted to experience two different rooms during my stay.
Finally the view from the restaurant was amazing where you are able to sit the whole day and do your work while watching the see birds and the changing weather.
I should really thank you all for making my days there, for your help and support as well.

Room Tip: It is better to have room in upper level in see side than first one to have better view to see.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank Golriz F

Reviewed October 26, 2013

We stayed at the hotel before and after our tour. The location is good, very close to Hipodrom, yet away from the busy tourist section. There are fresh fruit, cookies, cakes and Turkey delight in the reception area. The view from breakfast room is great. The room is very very small. We had a twin-beds room. Besides the beds, there is a small square table, with refrigerator under it, and a very small TV on top of it. There is a narrow table with mirror, and a tiny night stand between two beds. Only one chair (like an ottoman), we put one luggage on top of it. The closet has hangers but no shelf, we placed the other luggage in it. The bathroom is very compact, the wash basin is so small that I think it is comical. There is no safe in the room, you may leave your valuables at the reception desk. We did that the first day, then we realized they didn't put in their safe, just under their table. We decided to leave the valuable in our own room instead. I don't know if most of the hotel rooms in Old Town are like this. It is OK if you know what to expect, and only spent time sleep in it. One reason we chose this one is because the travel agency said the receptionists are helpful and friendly. We found it Yes and No. Mr. Dogan is very helpful, the other ones are not. And be aware of the restaurants they recommended.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed October 15, 2013

I've selected this hotel based on the previous reviews, and I was not disappointed from the quality of the service. The receptionist, named Dogan, was very friendly and helpful. The breakfast was fresh and diversified. I would totally recommend for a short stay

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo

Reviewed October 6, 2013

wowww,, thanks Emine Sultan Hotel!. Thanks for taking care of us in Istanbul. A very accomodating staff that well spoken in English. not takes me hard on communicating. A nice location. Near on trains and viewing the blue mosque!. Clean and relaxing rooms. And ofcourse, the breakfast. Thanks for the delicious breakfast Emine. I will miss you.
Well done. Kep it up. Until then.

Room Tip: Choose a room on the south side they are very relaxing.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends