Emine Sultan Hotel & Suites
  • Pool
$119
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
Angel's Home Hotel(Istanbul)(Great Value!)
$35
$118
$420
Orbitz.com
  • Breakfast included
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed October 23, 2012

A very centrally located hotel with great service, friendly staff and tasty breakfast. Although the rooms are a bit tight, the place is very clean and excellent value for the price. We followed a lot of the staff's recommendations for sightseeing and dining and were not disappointed. We highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Borey
Reviewed October 12, 2012

I have just spent three delightful days in Istanbul where I stayed at the Emine Sultan Hotel.

My room was charming, comfortable, and clean. The staff's willingness to accommodate equaled their correctness of information given.

With their help I was able to make the most of my short stay.

And though I am a person who rarely eats breakfast, I was particularly looking forward to breakfast on their terrace facing the Sea of Marmara. My experience was fantastic and did not disappoint.

My pleasant stay at the Emine Sultan Hotel will make it difficult to decide to try any of the other 100s of hotels in Istanbul.

K Lindsay

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
4  Thank Kesha L
Reviewed September 8, 2012

We stayed in August 2012 in Emine Sultan Hotel for our honeymoon. For us, it really was a pleasant stay, lovely sea view room, good location, polite staff, etc...
But rather than just say "fantastic, fantastic, great, 5 stars!!!!", I'll try to write a balanced review, help others decide for themselves as people have different takes on what is 3, 4, and 5 stars.

**** SERVICE: 4 STARS
PROS: The staff were very warm welcoming. They and bent over backwards for us in a few instances, such as buying special yogurt for my wife for breakfast! The receptionist was very helpful, polite, and happy to offer their best advice. I don't think they could have done more to have assisted us.
The breakfast room is situated on the top floor with a breathtaking, truly panoramic view!
The breakfast has a good selection of cakes, cereals, jams, cheese and cold meats etc. to accomodate all.

CONS: The reason for the 4 stars is that if you stay in the "suits" block (which is where the best rooms are), you have to walk 5 mins down the road to the main hotel to have your breakfast. To me this is not a problem, as I am young and fit, but perhaps if it was raining, and you weren't as able enough to walk down 4 flights of stairs, this could be a bother.

NEUTRAL POINTS: If you are in the "suits" block, there is not a full time receptionist there... so if you are a "needy" person, don't expect to be calling for "room service" every minute, as the staff are usually at the other building round the corner. For me this wasn't a bother, since the room was well cleaned, had a fresh supply of tea, always had clean towels, there is a fridge to store drinks etc. so I was happy to "get on with it".

**** FACILITIES: 4 STARS
PROS: The rooms had a fridge, TV, and the common comforts. The Suit block has a sauna/Turkish bath! Yes lovely, I used it 4 times during my stay, which was a nice bonus after our miles of walking! :-)

CONS: We were never shown how to use the sauna, I had to enquire myself, and figure it myself. I saw another review with someone complaining that they didn't use it... well use your common sense! But really the staff should have shown this... unless it's for show!
Breakfast is a 5 minute walk down the road.

NEUTRAL POINTS: No lifts in the Suits block. So if you want a sea view room, this is the 4th floor... just make you are willing to walk the flight of stairs for the well rewarding sea view room!

*****CLEANLINESS: 5 STARS
Spotless... rooms where cleaned every day, with a fresh supply of soap, shampoo, toilet roll, towels, etc... needless to say more!

*****LOCATION: 5 STARS
PROS: This is situated in the heart of the historical region such as Sultan Ahmet mosque, Hagia Sofia, Top Kapi Palace, Grand Bazar, etc. with breathtaking views of the Marmara sea.
In this respect, it's a "safe" region to be in, with less likely disturbances from drunkens after a bar, etc.

CONS: Just one thing to bear in mind though, since you are in the heart of the historical centre, the prices on this side of the bridge (in this region) are significantly higher than the other side, such as Taxim Square, etc. or perhaps outside of the touristic neighbourhood.

After the initial feeling of being swept off the ground with the history and scenery, you'll soon come to realise that there is not much "normal" daily life in this district. There are either hotels and tourists, or vendors and historical sites. You won't see much local life, and real culture... you'll need to venture out a bit if that's what you're looking.

***** ROOMS: 5 STARS
PROS: I stayed in their best "suite" room. On the 4th floor. Double room, beautifully decorated. Private terrace with a sea view!

CONS: The ventilation in the bathroom needs to be sorted out. The room can smell if you don't leave the bathroom door open as there is no proper ventilation.
The Jacuzzi was not working!... In all fairness, I was not even told there was a Jacuzzi in the advert, probably because they knew it wasn't working, but such a shame, as it's taking up space and would have made it perfect.

NEUTRAL POINTS: A sea view room comes at a cost of walking 4 flights of stairs, just to be aware if you're not fit for it!

IMPORTANT NOTE:
It was recommended by the hotel to go to a fish restaurant called Fener. There is a free shuttle service that collects you from and back to your hotel. The food was good, that I can say. But I was quite shocked when it came to the bill.

We ordered 2 grilled fish, which were 25 TL each. 2 starters - calamar and octopus around 15 TL each. And then 2 desserts. 1 orange juice and water. Can someone please tell me how this came to 139 TLs?! No matter how much I calculated, this just does not add up to that much. Anyway, if you decide to go, please keep your eyes and wits sharp, and don't be afraid to ask exactly how much things will be so you are not in for a surprise!

Overall, worth coming back, and worth the money considering what other hotels are offering for the same price!

Room Tip: 4th floor suit room is the best room, but has no lift, so be prepared to climb the stairs.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank hass7741
Reviewed September 5, 2012

I stayed at Emine Sultan Hotel (family apartment) twice (Feb 2009; Feb 2011 winter seasons) during the Wolrd Conference on Educational Sciences. It was like "family apartment" where we can cook and prepare our meals. The location is strategic; 5 minutes walking distance of Blue Mosque, Marmara Sea...where we had sea tour. The staff were friendly and accommodation was excellent. I would come and stay any time as I have time to visit Istanbul in the future.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank ArbaatEmine
Reviewed September 3, 2012

we stayed at this charming hotel for 3 nights when we got into Istanbul and I can honestly say we were very happy with the choice we made. Ermine Sultan is a stone's throw away from all the major attractions in Istanbul, and very very safely located in Sultanhamet too....we walked to the Blue Mosque, Hagia Sophia, Grand Bazaar, Cemberlitas, and one evening because it was so pleasant, even all the way to Eminonu....it was so comforting to know that the option of walking and not having to take (often unreliable) taxis was available - plus it was so convenient to take the tram as well!! To add to that, I loved waking up in the morning and going off to the rooftop terrace for the marvellous view of the Bosphorus and Marmara Sea....btw, breakfast was lavish, and really tasty.....if all that wasnt enough, throughout the day there was free flow of delicious summer fruits, turkish delight, and cake......highly recomended, especially for first time travellers to Istanbul!!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple