This is the third occasion we have stayed at the Byzantium so are obviously happy with it. Last time (2 years ago) we stayed for 5 nights so had lots of opportunity to explore both sides of the Bospherous. This time we could only manage to stay 3 nights but this still gave us the opportunity to visit our favourite places and also do some shopping!
The room we were allocated was probably one of the best in the hotel as it was a family room and looked as though it had only recently been decorated and refurbished in a really luxurious style. The room was very spacious and larger than rooms we have previously stayed in at the Byzantium but nevertheless we have always found them comfortable and adequate for a short stay. This room also offered a really good view over the Bospherous.
We did have a problem with our television but this was sorted out for us by helpful staff.
The location is ideal for us as it is situated in a cobbled street in Sultanhamet where there are several nice restaurants to choose from. It is also within easy walking distance of the main sights eg. The Blue Mosque, Hagia Sophia etc. Both these sights and the Topkapi Palace are well worth seesing if you have not visited Istanbul previously.
There isn't a lot of selection and breakfast but this is a typically Turkish buffet style breakfast. We were happy enough with the selection which included scrambled or boiled eggs. There were more staff on hand this year to offer drinks at breakfast and the dining room looked as though it had been decorated since our last visit.
We would definitely stay again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Byzantium Hotel is within walking distance to Topkapi Palace, St.Sophia, Blue Mosque, Hippodromme, Underground Cistern, Grand Covered Bazaar and many more historical sights. The terrace restaurant offers a breathtaking panoramic view of Istanbul. You will find a second home in Istanbul with The Byzantium Hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Orbitz, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly and TripOnline SA so you can book your The Byzantium Hotel & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Byzantium Hotel And Suites
- The Byzantium Hotel Istanbul
- Byzantium Hotel Istanbul