“One of the best in Istanbul”
Review of ZUMA restaurant - MOVED

ZUMA restaurant
Cuisines: Japanese
Good for: Bar scene, Scenic view, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Bosphorus
Reviewed May 5, 2013

We received a recommendation that Zuma is a must when visiting Istanbul and we where not disappointed, the atmosphere is fantastic and the food is second to none. @ Zuma you enjoy tapas sized dishes and every last one of the dishes that we tried was great from the shrimp to the tenderloin and the dessert, chocolate delight is probably the best dessert I have tried in newer time. A must visit experience in Istanbul.

Reviewed May 4, 2013

I imagined this kind of branch reataurant are not like headquarter ,like London . I have experience from Nobu kind of reataurant. These restaurant apply to local jet set or high society people,so I am middle class foreigner visit many places all over the world,cannot accept certain attitude. First of all, location is very good next Bosphoras sea side,next Raddison blue.title of menu looks like Japanese, because they have menu like London. The difference from strict competitive market ,such as London, or HK, the tast was adjusted to local Turkish people. Basically oily and salty, Tuna tatami, tempura,yaki Nasu with miso etc. I can say everything understandable. What I don't like, we came late and was near to closing time. Suddenly the staff ( maybe head waiter level) sit down table with other colleague ,and talking. Asking bill, bright total amount,(ex 450TL) . I just checked not to be charged 450 Euro,and paid by credit card. Suddenly some man came to
take " pin code" and telling me , " the amount was not included service charge" . In this case ,without detailed bill, I don't know how much was really bill. I asked copy of detailed bill,ans waiting 10 minute,never came anything.

1  Thank HV40
Reviewed April 17, 2013

Zuma is facing to the Bosphorus bridge and Ortakoy mosque, which means, you are in the heart of Istanbul. When you entered the restaurant, it looks so comfortable, elegant, simple but luxury design, nice atmosphere, when the foods served, you feel you are in heaven. This is the first time I've been there and loved it very much. Japanese food was excellent and service was great. It's two floor and the open kitchen is on downstairs, so you can see how the food is prepared. The bosphorus view is wonderful itself. All kitchenware come from Japan and the plates are handmade.

Reviewed April 12, 2013

Keep calm, get ready to encounter the best ever Japanese food in town. Make sure to pre-book your best place near the Windows to Bosphorus and lean back.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

I was very curious about Zuma. I had read a review that marked it a one of the best Japanese restaurants in Europe. It was definitely a novelty in Istanbul. It was very busy on a Saturday night, probably because of the nightclub attached to it as much as the restaurant itself. The food was OK. If you have never had Japanese food, this is a gentle introduction to the cuisine. On the other hand if, like us, you are used to the wonderful sushi in Vancouver, perhaps give this a miss. There was nothing really bad about the sushi or sashimi, but it was very average. The tempura however was a different story. The batter would have been good for fish and chips; Tempura batter, it was not. Too heavy and greasy. The restaurant is expensive. The wine list is OK, but also expensive. The people watching was the best value here.

1  Thank Jennifer R