“Location,Location,Location”

Ranked #29 of 1,147 Hotels in Istanbul
London, United Kingdom
“Location,Location,Location”
Reviewed September 17, 2009

Just returned from a fantastic four night stay at the Best Point Hotel. We have traveled to many cities, and therefore stayed a numerous hotels. This hotel has to be one of the "Best".
Fatih and his brilliant staff make this boutique hotel, the only place to stay in Istanbul. Fatih is a natural Hotelier, from arrival to departure the whole team were faultless.

We stayed in the Blue Mosque suite, and the views, atmosphere and location were just perfect. As are the breakfasts.

Well done Fatih and Team five stars from us.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank keltoshe

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (132)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Manila
Reviewed September 16, 2009

Hotel owner and staff go the extra mile to please. The environment is very homey and personalized. The room is more than comfortable. Breakfast was lovely. And the location was perfect, a minute walk to the Blue Mosque!

Baku,Azerbaijan
Reviewed September 7, 2009

We stayed at Best Point Hotel for 2 weeks n didnt notice any lack.Its location is perfect,close to the important mosques.In spite of this rooms r quiet ,also they r clean n comfortable.The staff is very friendly n helpful.I'd like to tell about the amazing view from the terrace to the Marmara Sea n the Blue Mosque where we had our breakfast,which was very various.
We definitely advice Best Point Hotel everyone who wanna spent his holiday in best way.
We choose this hotel based on the tripadvisor reviews,I hope this review will help u to make right decision too.

• Stayed August 2009
Wellington
Reviewed September 6, 2009

After so many so called 4 star hotels in Central Europe, we finally found something that compares with a good brand, 4 star in Auz/NZ. We did some research and chose Best Point.
Rooms were nicely and properly fitted out, quality AC, quiet room and qiuet end of well located street - close to Sultanhamet amongst all the tourist hotspots. The roof top terrace is super nice as well. You can see the mosque and out over the harbour.

Tip - go in Sept, head over to the bridge to Tepebasi to find a modern Istanbul to eat outside of the Tourist trap.

abu dhabi
Reviewed September 3, 2009

me & my wife we had a great time at best point hotel... location is in the middle of old Istanbul where every thing is close by only walk distance, workers at the hotel are helpful they guided us to the places and scheduled out rip nicely every day which place to visit and adviced for lower prices places where we had alot of fun and saved quite good money. thank yoy best point hotel

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
washington
Reviewed August 22, 2009

I just returned from a 3 weeks vacations in Istanbul where i stayed at best point hotel with my daughter and sister.
Wow! I don't know from where to start, so many good things to talk about. I will try not to forget anything.
Before choosing this hotel I read the trip advisor reviews. Based on the reviews and the constant communication with Fatih (the owner) who was prompt in answering my emails and providing me with all the explanations I ended choosing best point hotel.
Since the minute I stepped in I knew I made the right decision, the checking in was fast with no complications or surprises, they rapidly took me to my room taking into consideration that we were very tired after a long trip.
the rooms are nicely decorated in neutral relaxing colors, spotless and with a beautiful view to the blue mosque. Most of all , from someone who suffers of chronic pain back, what I enjoyed the most was the mattress, surprisingly during all my stay I did not feel the pain. I can only thank Fatih for not ignoring the comfort part.
the location was the best near to all main sites. The view of the blue mosque and marmara see from the terrace was breathtaking.
The breakfast was beyond expectations! from freshly baked cookies and cakes to numerous jellies to various flavors of tea , omelets, olives tomatoes,cheeses, fruits ect... you can never deny the high quality of the breakfast in this hotel.
The service was impeccable their hospitality was overwhelming everyone made us feel at home.
Everything I wrote so far was for the readers who like to choose a hotel based on the reviews just like i did. Now I am going to talk about the friends I made at best point. Friends who helped me to fully enjoy this beautiful city, they gave me tips on how to get around, always willing to direct me to the best places. Friends who touched me in so many ways, I don't think i would ever find a more beautiful and hospitable people.
Thank you to all the stuff, thank you to Fatih for all the help and the accommodation.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank amoulawashington
Nazareth, Israel
Reviewed August 20, 2009

I booked this hotel through the Internet after I read the reviews, after I booked the hotel I have contacted the hotel email to make sure of my booking and to gather more information regarding the hotel such as wireless accessibility and shuttle from the airport, I got a prompt answer from the hotel owner Mr. Fatih and he answered all of my emails.

Our flight has arrived Istanbul 8:30 in the morning and after we got to the hotel, Mr. Fatih has welcomed us, offered us a drink and a breakfast which we've done at the top floor terrace, the view from the hotel terrace is Amazing ( Blue Mosque, Aya Sofia and the sea from two sides), this was very refreshing, after we have finished our breakfast we received our room which was a great gesture from the hotel. the room was very clean and well decorated, it is the same size as the room we got in Paris last year so it's size is normal in old city of Istanbul.

After we have rested in the room we asked Mr. Fatih advice for touring in Istanbul, and he helped us to organize our four and half days stay, I must say that his advices were very helpful, for example he advised us not to buy from the Grand bazaar because the prices are too high and instead buy from Istiklal street (Takseem Square), and after we bought from the Grand bazaar we realized that he was correct.

I must mention here the great location of the hotel, it is very close to all important historical sights in Istanbul such as the Blue Mosque, Aya Sofia and Topkapi palace, all were a walking distance from the hotel in addition to Sultanahmet Tram station which is near Aya Sofia. This is very convenient because even if you don't know where to go or if you just want to hang out, you can walk to the park near Aya Sofia and the Blue mosque and enjoy the fountain and all people from all of the world going there.

Istanbul is a very beautiful city, people are very polite and helpful (although their English is not perfect), also the city is very clean, it's topography is very convenient, the sea is everywhere and the city hills are full of historical mosques that you can see from everywhere. If you like just to walk and blend with locals you must go to Taksim square, Ortakoy (to eat Kumpere) and if you want to enjoy the Bosphore in addition to silence walk you can go to Bebek and walk besides the see, enjoy a cup of tea and the beautiful houses in this rich neighbourhood.

At all, our stay at the hotel was Excellent and we liked Istanbul.