“The Best Service At Best Point”
Review of Best Point Hotel

Best Point Hotel
Ranked #33 of 1,159 Hotels in Istanbul
Reviewed June 18, 2013

My family and I spent the last week of our vacation around Turkey in Istanbul. We really enjoyed our stay in Best Point. The hospitality of the staff, most especially Gurkan, Mustafa, and Gokhan, exceeded expectations. From the seamless check in, to being welcomed into a beautiful room, from the wonderful recommendations made by the reception to the home cooked breakfasts, all the way down to the simple details that make the quality of a stay stand out.. There is an opulence to this establishment made stronger only by the service the staff presents.

We were in Istanbul during the beginning of the Taksim demonstrations. I know there is a lot of speculation that Istanbul is not safe due to the protests happening, but the issues in Taksim are not near Sultanahmet. Our stay was very pleasant and we look forward to going to back to Istanbul soon.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
5  Thank AAMYAB
TheBestPointHotel, Owner at Best Point Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 9, 2013

Dear Aamyab
I would like to thank you for your review about Best Point Hotel on tripadvisor.I appreciate your kind comments.

There are newer reviews for Best Point Hotel

Reviewed June 17, 2013

The best point hotel was referred to us by two regular travellers who stayed there in 2012.À fantastic hotel with truly wonderful and accomodating staff that made you feel at home.Excellant loc ation and definately a very special and warm hotel to stay in. Working in a big hotel chain myself in South Africa, I would definately recommend Best Point.

• Stayed: June 2013
4  Thank MumpieG

Dear Mumpie;

Reviewed June 15, 2013

My daughters and I just returned from a 3 week holiday in Turkey and we stayed at a total of 9 hotels. And I must say that Best Point Hotel was the icing on our travel cake.

From the email inquiry to our checkout, we felt that there was no stone left unturned by Fatih Yildirim, the owner manager and his staff to make us enjoy our stay in the hotel and Istanbul. We stayed at the family suite which was adjacent to the hotel, for 4 nights. It is a 2 bedroom apartment with a dining area for 6 and a kitchenette.

What amazed us is their attention to detail. They found out that it was my youngest daughter's birthday ( I guess through the passport details) that day and upon our return , our apartment door and dining area were decorated with ribbons and balloons. They gave us a bottle of wine to celebrate! What a wonderful surprise! And it made the birthday girl feel so special.

The free buffet breakfasts are served in the rooftop (5 floors up, but we need to work out those calories with Turkish food :)!) which overlooked the Bosphorus and had a stunning view of the Blue Mosque. We were always warmly greeted by motherly Turkan, who always wanted to fatten us up with her cooking. Another Best Point plus , is among all the hotels we stayed in, It was only here that the breakfast dishes were explained to us, and we were served the most delicious menemen which is scrambled eggs with veggies. Yunus, I hope you keep on doing that for your guests.

Another plus for Best Point is the mazes and drinks which are offered to the guests the whole day, particularly for tea time and cocktail hours. After a hard day of touring and haggling at the Grand Bazaar, it was like returning home to Best Point.

And I can go on and on about the service. With Turkey's horrible traffic, you are always in a quandary if you will take the cab or the train to get to the other parts of town, Fatih or Mustapha will whip out their smartphones and check out the traffic and advise you. Mustapha, Gohkan, Nusret and Mohammad will hail a cab for you, suggest the best restaurants for your budget, help you with your bags. Anything and everything to ensure you have a great stay with them. You guys rock! Fatih, you have an amazing staff. I hope you maintain that level of service.

Best Point Hotel is just that, the Best Hotel in Istanbul!

Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Maria M

Hi Maria

Reviewed June 15, 2013

Just spent 5 nights at this wonderful, small boutique Hotel in the Old City. All the staff are welcoming and attentive to all our needs. Delicious breakfast atop the terrace with a magnificent view of the Bosphorus and Blue Mosque! Merci Fatih and all your staff! Would highly recommend.

Room Tip: I would suggest a room on the courtyard.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Debbie B

Dear Deborah;

Reviewed June 13, 2013

Stayed here as first leg of our honeymoon and was impressed by the hospitality of this boutique hotel! The staff was very helpful and friendly. The tours that they recommended and coordinated was very impressive and their breakfast spread was great! We ate every morning in the roof top balcony over looking the blue mosque.

We also had a very early flight leaving Istanbul on our last day and they made sure that a taxi was waiting for us at 5am as well as prepared a sandwich for us "to go" to make sure we had food to eat and someone was waiting outside of our room to help with the luggage.

The location was also great and we walked everywhere from our hotel.

We had a standard room and if I had to knit pick to find a complaint - the bathroom stall was very small but overall had a great stay!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Michel9340

Dear Michel;

Reviewed June 10, 2013

My Husband and I just got back from 5 nights in Istanbul. Since I am our travel expert I looked up reviews and decided to stay at the Best Point Hotel. What a perfect recipe for success this place has. One could not ask for anything more. We were so very happy with our decision to stay here. First the staff made us feel like part of a family not just strangers from another country. The service was white glove, without the gloves.
Every morning the staff greeted us with a chorus of Good Mornings and let me help you...In the afternoon, Fatih and his staff put out mezzas (snacks) and wine and later in the early evening they also put out fresh fruit. Tea, coffee and bottled water were free 24/7 anywhere in the Hotel. Where else do you get this kind of service? When we were done our day of sightseeing and walked back to the Hotel whoever was at the front desk just knew I would need my tea in a mug with milk and delivered it to our room.
Fatih also arranged for us to have a private guide of the city. He was fabulous! No lines or waiting for us. Our guide just got our tickets and we went right in. Great information on the city also.
Best Point in not just a Hotel on the corner, but a large home in a neighborhood that you are happy to be living in.
I can't describe how safe, beautiful and friendly this neighborhood was. I would not hesitate to stay here over and over again.
All our "Thank You" go out to everyone of the staff who make this hotel such a success.
We had Fatih arrange transportation to and from the airport and that was exceptional. Wonderful driver, no problems.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank diveonin
TheBestPointHotel, Owner at Best Point Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2013

Diveonin
Thank you very much for taking your valuable time to write review on Tripadvisor by submitting your such great impression of our property.

It's alway so nice to hear from great and valuable comments like yours. Your positive comments of your recent stay experience. Your recommedndation will definitely encourage us to continue focusing on guest satisfaction at any time in the future. All related department will be shared with your mentioned comments for sure.

Please do not hesitate to contact me further with any inquiries you may have or whether you are considering a future reservation with our hotel, as I would be happy to personally reserve your room for you.

Best Regards from Istanbul
Owner

Reviewed June 10, 2013

It was a big success for us on our first visit to Istanbul to stay in this hotel. Located just five minutes from the attractions of the old city. Responsive staff assisted in all. Pleased with the delicious breakfast on the terrace overlooking the sea and the Blue Mosque. Comfortable and quiet room with a jakuzzi, which is by the way, after long walks. Pleasantly surprised fruit and tea with oriental sweets in the evenings (free of charge)
There are a lot of restaurants and cafes near. Next time will choose Best Point Hotel again without hesitation.
Highly recommend to travelers who want to enjoy not only beautiful Istanbul but comfortable stay with professional service.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family