“Average”
Review of Kupeli Hotel

Kupeli Hotel
Ranked #443 of 1,163 Hotels in Istanbul
Reviewed September 20, 2012

We stayed here for one night because the hotel we had booked into had been double-booked. We had a very different experience to the other reviewers, and actually found it quite disappointing. The room we were given was very small - there was hardly any space between the bed and the wall, and there was very little room elsewhere. We're not fussy people when it comes to space - we'd just finished backpacking around Europe - but we barely had enough space to lay both of our suitcases down. We arrived for breakfast just before it finished - so we weren't really expecting much, but the tables were dirty and the waiter made no effort to clean them up for us, so we had to eat our breakfast surrounded by crumbs. Meanwhile, while we were at breakfast the maids had come in to make up our room - even though we were checking out that morning - and had taken our towels without replacing them. So I had to brush teeth etc without any towels. The hotel is in a good location, but we enjoyed our stay much more at the Legend Hotel, just around the corner.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed September 14, 2012

Location has already been mentioned. My air-conditioned room was at the front of the hotel and I stayed mid-week through the weekend. I didn't find it overly noisy (it's located on a fairly busy street off the main thoroughfare), however the walls are quite thin and neighbours can be heard coughing and talking. The room was clean, tidy and comfortable if a little on the small side. If you are looking for a thoroughly modern, colour co-ordinated interior with throws and cushions everywhere - jog on. This hotel is for travellers who are more interested in what is outside of the hotel as opposed to one hundred and one facilities and gadgets in their room/hotel. The breakfast (from 7:30am) was a Turkish buffet affair and was great for kick-starting the day - again, if you expect cooked English Breakfasts you will be disappointed. Staff were very helpful and courteous. I would recommend using the safe (not that I think staff are light fingered). I had a bad experience where the cleaner left my room door open wide all day with spare keys sticking out of the lock. I am certain this was a one-off, but it did make me feel slightly edgy for the rest of my stay (expensive photography equipment doesn't fit in the safe. That blip aside, I would wholeheartedly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed September 10, 2012

I soend 10 day in kupeli hotel and I found the hotel excelant with very good location and with very friendly staff specialy Bulent Yilmaz , Kamal Ayding and turgay whose every time offer for any help and ask us did we want tea or coffie and allways smileing and welcome us ..thank you kupeli hotel staff and manager ..

Room Tip: my room was 302 and its very nice
Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 17, 2012

Kupeli Hotel was recommended by an agent from lastminute.com and we didn't regret our decision to stay at the hotel. The hotel is in a prefect location, the heart of Sultanahmet old city of Istanbul, it's 5-10mins walking distance to major tourist attractions like The Blue mosque, Grand Bazaar, Sainte Sophia etc. The staff were wonderful & many thanks to Ozgur and his team & they all speak english. All in all a great place to stay.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 29, 2012

My friend Mirjana, her daughter, and I spent 5 days here in June. I paid for two rooms, one room for the ladies and one for me. These rooms were quiet, clean, and not cramped. We checked-in around 8 PM and ate a delicious dinner in the restaurant just across the street. This hotel is centrally located near many of Istanbul's old city tourist attractions like the Grand Baazar and Blue Mosque. The tram/metro stop, to the rest of Istanbul not in walking distance, was only a couple hundred meters from the hotel. The staff spoke English well and the owner (Denis) was there daily overseeing the operation. Breakfast was served until 10:30 AM on the 6th floor and accessible by an elevator. And from that balcony, you could see the Bosporus Strait over the rooftops of surrounding buildings. I agree with some of the others whom have written reviews, this small hotel (approx 20 rooms) rates somewhere between a very high 3 star to a 4 star experience. I would have no problem recommending this hotel to family and friends.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Larry H
Reviewed July 29, 2012

the hotel is situated in the heart of Sultanahmet old city. the rooms are smaller than they appear but they are clean with all the comfort necessary to spend some days.The hotel is not far from the tram. we can go to many important sites such as The Blue Mosque or Sainte Sophia on foot as well as to the Bazar.The breakfast is made of a lot of varieties from salty to sweety aliments. The staff is wonderful. Special thanks to Kemal, to Ozgur, to Emrak, to Atillah and to Selim.They are real professionals.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank wailsissibouayed
Reviewed June 30, 2012

I'd chosen Kupeli Hotel based on the reviews of other TripAdvisor users and I don't regret my decision. It's in the perfect location, in the middle of the Old City of Istanbul, 5-10 mins walking distance of major tourist attractions. The tram stop is also only 2 mins away. So yeah, location-wise it couldn't get any better.
Our room was a little small (and in general I'd say this hotel is more of a 3+ star than 4), but was clean and also very quiet, which is a bonus in Istanbul. The breakfast was also a 3 star experience, but sufficient enough for starting off the day.
On the other hand the staff were just amazing! Especially Ozgur, Atilla and Kemal, who all spoke very good English. We actually spent our last night drinking tea, smoking and chatting with the latter two and a few other guests until very late.
And it is the staff who made me rate this hotel 5/5, instead of the 4/5 it should really get. All in all a great place to stay at, if you're going to Istanbul for the experience rather than the view from your hotel window or the size of the TV screen in your room...

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple