Pera Tulip
$120
$115
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Angel's Home Hotel(Istanbul)(Great Value!)
$35
$121
$118
Hotels.com
$119
$420
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsmetro stationistiklal streetrooms are smallturkish bathgalata towerfirst floorindoor poolperfect locationspahammambeyoglu
Reviewed June 20, 2013

The Hotel was pretty Good exept that the rooms are too small, the location is very good as well as it's at town center ' taqsim area' .
and my rating will show how is my impression in each item below.

I would Like to notice you that '' Zalikha'' was very helpful and she was serving us very nicely and kindly.. she helped us at all time as we find Turkey like our home!! my friends and I are very glad to her by being very special .

I appreciate and Thank you Zaliekha ,

Best regards ;
Ahmad Mahdi

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
PeraTulipHotel, Front Office Manager at Pera Tulip, responded to this reviewResponded July 8, 2013

Dear Sir/ Madam,

Thank you very much for your recent comments regarding your stay in our hotel. We are glad to hear that you have enjoyed your stay in Pera Tulip Hotel and had a fabulous time at Istanbul.

I am glad to hear your comments and compliments about our employees as well.

We are trying our best to make your stay remarkable.

Thank you very much for your comments and we look forward to welcoming back you soon.

Reviewed June 9, 2013

we like the stay in pera tulip istanbul, very clean hotel, friendly staff assisting if need any attraction timings and location,
The hotel location is really amazing for any one want to visit istanbul, less than 5 minutes to istiklal street, and steps from 2 metro stations,
the breakfast was fair but repeatitive, and the room too small nut lovely room

Room Tip: Small rooms and not that good breakfast
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Sir/ Madam,

Thank you very much for your recent comments regarding your stay in our hotel. We are glad to hear that you have enjoyed your stay in Pera Tulip and had a fabulous time at Istanbul.

Our hotel is very centralized and near to all historic and modern places to visit.

We would like to accommodate you in our lovely hotel for your next visit to Istanbul.

Thank you so much for your comments.

Reviewed June 5, 2013

Whoever said in an earlier review that you get the worst room if you check in late was absolutely spot on! We checked in at 10pm and were given the smallest room I’ve ever seen, which was on the 1st floor. Wifi did not work in this room (probably because it was in the corner at the back of the hotel). We had to stand on the 5th floor corridor that night in order to access the wifi. We immediately told them we were unhappy with the room and they promised to move us in the morning. True to their word, in the morning we were moved to a more spacious room (room 1103), still on the first floor, but facing but this time on the front end of the building. Wifi was good in this room and most other parts of the hotel. The rooms were clean and daily housekeeping did a good job.

The location of the hotel is perfect! It’s about 3mins walk to Tunnel station; 2mins walk to the lively Istiklal Street. Lots of nice restaurants are located just seconds away. You can’t go wrong with this location (in fact, there are lots of hotels on the same street, which proves how popular and ideal the location is).

The staff were friendly enough. The breakfast wasn’t great – so repetitive; for the sake of ‘variety’, they only changed one item each day.

The hotel has a complimentary hamam, which is a bonus.

Having said all this, I’ll conclude by saying it is excellent value for money, given the price, location and cleanliness of the hotel.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms on the back of the hotel; Wifi works best in the front of the hotel on lower floors, such as the 1st floor; it works well in both the front and back of the hotel on higher floors such as the 5th floor
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Sir/ Madam,

I was delighted to see that your stay was generally positive. I was disappointed to hear taht you had a problem with your room size. Just some of our rooms are small. If we have available room we chane rooms immediately.

I had a meetingt with F&B about breakfast variety and we put more choices to the plates.

We continuously strive to get better and it is through.
Once again thank you for your kind comments and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed June 5, 2013

Excellent service from the staff. Always willing to help.
Breakfast had a good selection and was served until late. We stayed for 6 nights and breakfast was the same every day so we missed a few days as it was repetitive.
Great little pool and jacuzzi for guests along with a sauna.
Excellent location for bars and restaurants however we were limited as the riots were taking place.
Short taxi ride to all the major tourist attractions. Taxis are really cheap as long as you go by meter.
Princes island is a good day trip should you wish to get away from the hustle bustle of the city.
Overall a really good stay at Pera Tulip.

• Stayed: June 2013

Dear Sir/ Madam,

Thank you very much for your recent comments regarding your stay at the Pera Tulip Hotel.I was delighted to hear that your stay was pleasant and comfortable.

We look forward to welcoming you back.
We truly appreciate your positive feedback.

Reviewed June 4, 2013

Ok, overall it wasn't bad, but it is the crappiest 4 stars hotel I have ever seen.

Good things: receptionist speak english, the television is 32 inch, bed and room were clean, when I asked some things we received them. Breakfast is very good. Pool, sauna and gym are free to use. It is in the city center, near bar pubs and entertainments.

Bad things: my girlfriend asked many times for an iron, to fix the TV and the electricity, but she was ignored. Fridge was refilled only on request, and it wasn't cooling so much. TV never worked, even if we asked to fix it many times. The first day we found the refrigerator filled with someone else things. Massages are only for men, maybe they are ashamed to massage a female... Rooms are quit small. And last but not least, when I asked for suggestions about some restaurant not too far, the guy was unable to tell me a name... he gave me a coupon about 1 restaurant and nothing more... I mean, in a big city like this, how can you not know some restaurant?

It's not so quiet the area, but it's not their fault.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
2  Thank brunello2010

Dear Sir/ Madam,

I was delighted to see that your stay was generally positive. I was disappointed to hear that you had a technical problems during your stay. We had meeting with departmant managers and all mentioning things have been resolved.

We continuously strive to get better and it is through.