“Suits me fine”

Tulip By Molton Hotels
Ranked #499 of 1,159 Hotels in Istanbul
Reviewed May 5, 2013

This was my third stay at the Pera Tulip which in itself must say something. I know what to expect and am therefore never disappointed but I would agree that a 3 star rating may be more appropriate. I always hang out the 'do not disturb' sign for the duration of my stay so could not comment on housekeeping standards apart from to say that the ladies are all very friendly and give me more tea bags and clean towels when I ask, I prefer for my room not to be 'made up' every day. The room was plenty big enough for a solo traveller and was ample when I stayed accompanied. There are signs of slight delapidation but it did not bother me - the TV did not work on the one occasion that I turned it on to watch a Champions League game so I went to the pub on the corner; when I am in Istanbul the last thing I want to do is watch TV. Desk staff were generally friendly and helpfull. Room rates seem to vary greatly depending on when and how you book; this time I paid Eu350 for three nights which was OK with me, I have paid more in the past which was probably a bit too expensive. Location is great for many things. Breakfast is very nice and a great start to the day with the piano accompaniment by (name forgotten), You could probably do better but you could definitely do worse than to stay here.

Room Tip: Room 1609 - top floor at end of corridor maze. Found to be very hot initially then found by opening...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
PeraTulipHotel, Front Office Manager at Tulip By Molton Hotels, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2013

Dear Sir/ Madam,

Thank you very much for your recent comments regarding your stay at the.Pera Tulip HotelI was delighted to hear that your stay was pleasant and comfortable.
We will take care of your mentioned things.

We look forward to welcoming you back.
We truly appreciate your positive feedback

There are newer reviews for Tulip By Molton Hotels

Reviewed May 3, 2013

Our room was very very little also if clean and nice. I do not think it is properly a **** hotel, maybe *** could be more honest. It is situated near the night life of Instanbul, pub disco and restaurant are simple to find. Sultanahmeth and monuments are easily accessible with tram and bus.
Prices are higher than other competitors

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Sir/ Madam,

Thank you very much for your recent comments regarding your stay in our hotel. We are glad to hear that you have enjoyed your stay in Pera Tulip and had a fabulous time at Istanbul.

Our hotel is very centralized and near to all historic and modern places to visit.

We would like to accommodate you in our lovely hotel for your next visit to Istanbul.

Thank you so much for your comments.

Reviewed April 30, 2013

Our first room was very small with little light and very low ceiling. We switched rooms to a larger room with high ceilings and a window to the road in front. That was much better. Throughout our stay the staff were very helpful. The massage and Turkish foam bath staff are excellent. The location in the Pera district is great for restaurants and an oasis away from the craziness of the old city. The hotel however never seemed totally clean and the as a previous reviewer said, I expected a lot more for the amount we paid.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Sir /Madam,

Thank you very much for your recent comments regarding your stay in our hotel. We are glad to hear that you had a nice and remarkable experience in our lovely hotel.
We as a team try to do our best to make your stay enjoyable.

Once again thank you for your comments and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed April 26, 2013

Dear all,
I have booked 5 nights in this 4 stars hotel. The first day, at check in, the room looked very nice even if too small. It was a double room and I am wondering how two people could move in there if I was with somebody.In addition I had requested a double bed and the room came with 2 single beds.
From the second day the in-room service started to fail. No shower gel was replaced, no instant coffee was replaced, the television was very difficult to control. I have kindly asked help to reception about these problems but the problems became more till my check out. In fact, from the 3rd day, the bed was done with towels rather than duvet!
I was not expecting, in a 4 stars hotel, to call reception every evening when I came back to the room after a full day walking around to chase for the coffee, the shower gel, the TV and the bed making.
Finally I could be able to speak to Mr Abdullah, who told me to be the Chairman, who said that the problems were solved immediately. That was true, even if the TV was set to a Sudanese channel, but still I believe I shouldn't call reception everyday to chase for the same missing conforts. I have been offered a 5% discount at check out, which I believe is nothing compared to a one night deduction usually other 3 stars hotels offer.
Istanbul is a fantastic city but unfortunately my sejour was spolied by the hotel. Next time I will book a different hotel - there are so many in the same street, in the Pera area, which is the most convenient for sightseeing the city.
Thanks a lot.
Kind regards.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo

Dear Sir/ Madam,

I was delighted to see that your stay was generally positive. I was disappointed to hear that you had a problem during your stay. But let me tell you that you have been up graded to the executive room without charge and all of your problems has been resolved in the minutes.

We continuously strive to get better and it is through.
Once again thank you for your kind comments and we look forward to welcoming you back soon

Reviewed April 23, 2013

Overall the hotel was good, but as a value I expected more..
The bed was not that much comfortable, the lighting of the room was bad.
I stayed for 8 days; the menu of breakfast was the same all the days so we got bored.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family

Dear Sir /Madam,

Thank you very much for your recent comments regarding your stay in our hotel.
I called the technic service and let them know about lighting problem in your room and resolved.We as a team try to do our best to make your stay enjoyable.

Reviewed April 22, 2013

- Room upgraded without asking; that was cool
- staff was OK.
- Noisy in the night even in higher floors due to surrounding night clubs; if u can manage then fine; else don't opt on!
Location is not bad
- Very good for young budget travelers who are willing to walk and have no kids!

• Stayed: April 2013

Dear Sir/ Madam,

Thank you for your comments. I am sorry to hear that you had a voice problem from surrounding restaurants during your stay.

Our hotel is at the city center and most of the guests like the area near to lively Taksim.

Can you please send us e-mail and we will be glad to give you a room from quiet part of the hotel.

Reviewed April 21, 2013 via mobile

We visited this hotel last Christmas and I can not say that we enjoyed our stay. The most rude and unhelpful staff I have ever met in a hotel. We had to create a scene in order to be served. Poor breakfast. Well situated near the well known Taxim square.

• Stayed: December 2012

Dear Sir/ Madame,

I was delighted to see that your stay was generally positive. I was disappointed to hear that you had a problem at service. I spoke with F&B manager about this problem and It has been resolved.

We continuously strive to get better and it is through.