“Bosphorus view with your head on the pillow”

Gezi Hotel Bosphorus
Ranked #144 of 1,141 Hotels in Istanbul
“Bosphorus view with your head on the pillow”
Reviewed September 6, 2011

When I first walked into the lobby, it wasn't as big as I expected, but the warm welcome I got from the reception employees was great, it took me 5 minutes to get to my room, I still remember the receptionists name "Can" as he offered me something to drink then took my passport copy and up I went, the luggage was placed on the luggage mount in my room..

It's a three minute walk from istiklal shopping area"Taksim", 3 mins walk to the nearest metro, neighbored by hotels such as intercontinental and Hyatt so you can tell it's one of the best, I've been to intercontinental and marmarah hotels and Gezi hotel bosphorus is the place to be if you like a quiet atmosphere.

• Stayed September 2011
1 Thank Rharib

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (170)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Oxford, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 21, 2011

I came here based on these reviews -- and a good discount on hotels.com -- and I was still blown away by the service and luxury. It is a small boutique hotel, so feels far more relaxed than the gargantuan 5* places. The quality of the furnishings and overall design is far nicer than the Ramada and Hilton (where my colleagues stayed), which are beginning to show their age (the Hilton of course, wins on sheer size and opulence, but is far more expensive).

I was very impressed by the complimentary chocolates and water, free wifi and free access to the spa and fitness centre. Minor quibbles: the fitness centre could use some heavier weights and there is no pool. The rooftop bar is not yet open, but will no doubt be the icing on the cake. Highly recommended hotel, and one of the best I have ever stayed in.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed August 16, 2011

Excellent staff.
Good location in Taksim and near to Beyoglu.
Clean and very modern room.
Expensive hotel, but we found a good deal on Expedia, 160$ by night.

The breakfast was not good.
The hamam spa was too expensive.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 15, 2011

I stayed at the Gezi Hotel August 12- 2011 in a Deluxe Park View room. Taxi from Ataturk Airport was about 20-25 mins although our driver seemed to have trouble finding it. Not sure why as the major selling point of Gezi has to be its location, which is only a 3 or 4 minute stroll from the main commercial street of istanbul. The room was relatively small but comfortable and well equipped with very helpful staff and concierge service. The dining room/bar is well worth a visit with some spectacular views although drinks and food were pretty expensive. Overall we thoroughly enjoyed our trip to Istanbul, a cosmopolitan and friendly modern city, very different from what I was expecting and wouldn't hesistate to recommend the Gezi hotel to others.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank MattJMurray
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 7, 2011

First visit to Istanbul and using TA I booked the Gezi Hotel. If you want all the facilities, service and quality of a large scale chain in a 70 room design hotel then this is the place. New feeling hotel, quality bathrooms and good service. You should try and book a Bosphorus view at floor 5 and above as the view really is remarkable. Gym and new spa available. 3 mins walk from the hussle and bussle of Taksim. A member of staff was kind enough to advise I use the overground metro and not take a taxi to visit the Sultanahmet sights such as the blue mosque. Great idea, as it was air conditioned, clean, fast and only 1.75 Lira one way. Shame I only had 3 days in Istanbul as so much more to see , do and eat. As you can tell I would come back to Istanbul and the Gezi.

• Stayed August 2011
1 Thank AJJourneyMan
Reviewed August 5, 2011

We loved the hotel to much,room is very comfortable,staff is very kind specialy ms.nese very helpfull,friendly and kindly we would like to thank you to her for help.

• Stayed August 2011
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed August 1, 2011

This was a superb boutique hotel just off the main part of Taksim Square in Istanbul, and catered to everything I wanted. From the amazing service, to the fantastic bar and restaurant, to the chic rooms and comfy bed. I thought that the Gezi Hotel really fit my needs as a single male traveler from the U.S. There was also a really nice spa, but I never found the need to use it. Great location, trendy spot, and quite an affordable price.... I would stay here again when in Istanbul.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled solo