“Restaurant with an amazing view ”
Review of Topaz

Topaz
Ranked #72 of 13,898 Restaurants in Istanbul
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Beyoglu
Reviewed December 25, 2013 via mobile

I went for dinner to topaz .I had a reservation made from my hotel
So when I arrived a girl who seemed to be a frustrated model who could not made it to the cat walk received me in a very unkind manner . The general manager who was present at the scene intervened since he was aware of my reservation . She walked me to the table which was right in the middle of the place . I kindly asked if there there was a table at the windows from where you can see the amazing view of the shore and a beautiful illuminated mosque . She answered "do you see any tables at the window ?" I replied that it was her job to know about tables and I add "you are nice and kind , thanks "I sat down and from then and on the experience changed although she was not even able to ask me if I want to leave my overcoat in the closet , which stayed on a chair next to me . Reading the menu is a challenge since the lights are so low that I had to help myself with my phone ,
I started with a grilled octopus which it was absolutely fantastic , perfectly cooked and tender a vintage Chardonnay from turkey 2011 which was very good as well , then I picked up a seafood risotto that was presented in a peculiar way , wrapped with different kind of fish and inside the risotto which was overcooked and not al dente as it is supposed to be . In the meantime the manager a real kind elegant man came to the table and asked how everything was .
Anyway I finished my dinner by choosing sorbets which were very well presented , inside the original fruits and tasted superb . The bill was high as I expected but in the end it was worthy it .

1  Thank Tester1964

Reviewed December 24, 2013 via mobile

Very nice place and view, the stuff polite but cold polite. The food delicious but you can say its something like gourmet and boutique restaurant tasting samples in a plate. The prices are very expensive.expected more.

1  Thank chrpass
Reviewed December 19, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I stayed in the nearby Opera Hotel on our honeymoon and treated ourselves to a fabulous meal here. Attention to detail, service, ambience and food quality were all outstanding and world class!!
Highly recommend this gorgeous restaurant if you are looking for luxury!

1  Thank thirtycountriesby30
Reviewed December 17, 2013

I've been to this restaurant for several times and both the service and the food quality were always the same and flawless. Yes, this is an expensive venue but its breathtaking view of Bosphorus and its serene atmosphere make it an ideal spot for special occasions, especially romantic ones. Though it's never too crowded, it's best to make a reservation in advance to be seated on the window tables. The meals are delicious, grilled octopus must definitely be tried, it was the best that I had. Wine list is very rich offering lots of options from all around the world. If you are looking for a venue for a romantic celebration, Topaz is definitely the place to opt for.

1  Thank TubaKoseogluOkcu
Reviewed December 15, 2013

An excellent place for a romantic dinner, everything is great! Although it is a little pricey their wine list and prices are much better than similar restaurants we went to.The view is magnificent and the food fantastic. Try the vine leaves with cherry, and any main dish (the rib with risotto was superb) and their pumpkin dessert which was so good! You need to book and ask for a table with a view!