Open today: 9:00 AM - 6:00 PM
Review Highlights
Amazing Uzbekistan

Our experience with Anur Tour and its staff was absolutely positive. They organized our 12-days... read more

Reviewed November 20, 2018
Z4328ENcarlab
via mobile
Our recommendation

Anur Tour was recommended to us by a friend who had travelled for work to Uzbekistan. We were... read more

Reviewed November 18, 2018
Olaf B
Palma de Mallorca, Spain

Recommended experiences in and around Tashkent
from $125.00
More Info
All reviews central asia unforgettable trip like clockwork tailor made visa application managing director local places to eat through customs fluent english personal contact mountain guide days visiting prompt response silk road train tickets knowledgeable guides no worries
Reviewed September 19, 2017

Elina is a wonderful person who made our trip really a great experience. She helped us change details and was always available for all our little extras. As I am working in tourism I know what service means and Anur tour was just an excellent tour operator. If you ever intend to go to Uzbekistan - they are the right agent to plan your trip. We were six of us and got a tailor made itinerary. Thanks again for everything. The country and its people are just fascinating

Date of experience: September 2017
3  Thank 2912OK
Reviewed August 15, 2017

Excellent! We were absolutely thrilled with the fabulous service provided by Anur during our 7 days/6 nights in Uzbekistan. Unforgettable experiences discovering a fascinating country were accentuated by the impeccable service both in the lead up to our trip with the organizing, and during our stay.

The lovely and efficient Elina communicated quickly and thoroughly with every request and detail. We had quite a few requests, as we opted for a personal Italian-speaking guide throughout, and a dedicated driver for our small group of 4, but still wanted to keep our costs low. The suggested hotels booked and itineraries confirmed were perfectly catered to our needs, and all exceeded our expectations.
The trip went flawless. All sites were spectacular. Our guide was always helpful to point out 2-3 options for excellent nearby restaurants without insisting on a personal choice. There was never the slightest delay or wait checking in or visiting any site/museum, etc.
We greatly appreciated the personal touches offered by Elina and Anur, and were especially thankful for the kind greetings they arranged upon our arrival in Tashkent, and eventual (sad) departure.
Anur is highly, highly recommended and have definitely earned their Number 1 position here! We promise to send friends and family your way!

Date of experience: August 2017
4  Thank Da7e
Reviewed August 13, 2017

This tour exceeded our expectations - everything was SO organized and flowed so smoothly. I thought that it was good value as well. I loved the hotels that were selected. Zarina was so responsive and designed a tour specifically for our interests in food. I never ate so well in my life. The buffets at the Serena hotel in Dushanbe, Tajikistan were the culinary highlight of the trip. For that reason alone, I would suggest that this hotel be used for future guests who like great food.

My favorite spots were Bukhara, Uzbekistan and Ashgabat, Turkmenistan. Bukhara for the magical atmosphere, the terrific culture show, and fantastic souvenirs - particularly the very inexpensive but beautiful miniature paintings (I bought 8). Ashgabat was a striking white marble city unlike any other I have seen in the world. I am impressed by all the good the president of the country has done for his people. Flying into the city at night with all the gleaming, orderly white marble buildings and brilliant neon lights was such an experience. I have never seen so many impressive monuments. The city was spotlessly clean as well.

We also enjoyed the well-planned cities of Almaty, Kazakhistan and Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan and their settings against the mountains - they had so many parks and restaurant options!

We survived the border crossing at Turkmenistan and examination of our 20+ drugs by labeling everything for its purpose and smiling a lot. But a visit to Turkmenistan is one that you will not forget. Ashgabat is one of the most fascinating cities in the world (out of the 120 countries we have now visited). We travel a lot, but would not be able to do this tour on our own due to language difficulties and so many transfers (all which went perfectly).

My favorite guides were Elmira in Kazakhstan and Govel (sp?) in Turkmenistan - they were just superb and so knowledgeable. I give our highest recommendation for Anur tours!

Date of experience: July 2017
1  Thank Jean9001
Reviewed July 10, 2017

We are two friends in our late 30s who are experienced independent travellers and would have been happy to arrange everything ourselves but it was great to have Anur Tour arrange the logistics of our trip which meant that we were able to maximise our time enjoying being in Uzbekistan and not waste time thinking about how to get to the next place.

Elina at Anur Tour was absolutely wonderful and helped us plan and have a really fantastic trip to Uzbekistan. We didn't have a huge amount of time to plan (we started talking to Elina at the beginning of May and we arrived in Uzbekistan at the end of May 2017 – we were there for 2 weeks). Anur Tour helped us create a really good tour taking in all the key sights. We flew from London to Tashkent and then went to Nukus, Muynak, Khiva, Bukhara, yurt camping in Nurata via Gijduvan, Samarkand, Shahrisabz and then we spent a couple of days walking in the Chimgan mountains.

We were really delighted with all of Elina’s suggestions and her help and advice on how long we needed in each place and where we could cut time to spend more time elsewhere. Elina arranged our transport while in Uzbekistan – internal flight to Nukus and the train from Samarkand back to Tashkent. Elsewhere we had we had excellent drivers and really nice, clean and comfortable cars. I would especially like to mention Husseyn who drove us for 9 days from Nukus to Samarkand and he spoke good English and had a really good knowledge of great places for lunch along the way. This was really helpful as I don’t eat meat and in little places that don’t have any English menus this was really helpful and made life much easier to have someone who could explain for me – especially as vegetarianism is not common in Uzbekistan. Husseyn also went out of his way to help us in the shopping we wanted to do – whether it was coming to the Bazaar with us to help us buy green tea or apricot seeds or a tea pot!

Anur Tour also arranged some fantastic local guides for us – we did not have high expectations of the guides – it is hard to know, when you are in England, what the quality will be like but we were really impressed and all our guides in the cities were women which was very nice too. They were knowledgeable and passionate about their subjects as well as being kind, friendly people who enjoyed giving the tours and really brought the history of the places alive. And when we went walking in the mountains they arranged for us to be guided by Gregory Trebisovsky – one of the most famous, and accomplished heli skiing guides in central Asia and a very experienced mountain guide. We had a wonderful day hiking with him and his daughter who speaks excellent English. Gregory speaks just a little English.

We chose to arrange most of our hotels/guest houses ourselves as we are quite particular about where we stay and prefer smaller, boutique places – but Anur Tours arranged a great place for us to stay in Nukus and we really enjoyed Layner in the Chimgan Mountains.

Anur Tour were a very cost effective option for us and we felt that they went out of their way to make our trip a really great one with lots of thoughtful, personalised touches for us.

I would definitely recommend Anur Tour to someone looking to organise a trip to Uzbekistan.

Date of experience: June 2017
1  Thank Helen17PW
Reviewed July 9, 2017

I wanted to recommend Anur Tour as a perfect partner to plan your trip in Central Asia. We have just came back from an intensive 2+ weeks individual trip around Kyrgyzstan, Kazakhstan, Tajikistan and Uzbekistan. Anur Tour helped us to finalize itinerary, booked hotels, train tickets, guides and drivers. Zarina from Anur Tour was super responsive and accommodating to our requests (unlike some of other well known tour operators in the region...). We had couple of "must haves" on our list and she was able to include all of them in the itinerary.
From the very beginning of our trip we realized that we can just sit, relax and enjoy the scenery (quite an achievement given that I am a control freak). All the logistics was flawless, hotels were good quality and guides/drivers super friendly and knowledgeable. Zarina was in touch with us throughout and after the trip to ensure all is working well.
One additional highlight was the surprise celebration of my birthday that fell during the trip - I cannot be more grateful for making my birthday a very special day!
It was a wonderful trip and Central Asia will stay in our hearts for a long time. Thank you Anur Tour!

Date of experience: June 2017