“Nice guesthouse with very helpful owners”
Review of Mirzo Guesthouse

Mirzo Guesthouse
Ranked #12 of 49 Tashkent B&B and Inns
“Nice guesthouse with very helpful owners”
Reviewed August 10, 2014

I stayed at the Mirzo Guesthouse for two nights and came back again after another day to collect my stuff (which I had left there when I was in Samarkand) and to shower.
I have nothing but nice words for this Guesthouse. It is located not far away from Chorzu Bazar and several restaurants and bars can be found in the area. There is also a Metro station nearby. I stayed in the dorm room that has a really interesting interiour from a century or so ago: the walls and ceiling are wodden and you can see some remnants exposed there. The beds were clean and I felt comfortable. The shower and bathroom is shared by a couple of people and is very simple.
The owner and his son are both very friendly people. They helped me with all the questions I had - without them I would have been lost in Uzbekistan. ;) They even allowed me to leave my stuff while I was going to Samarkand and come back and take a shower without paying for another night!
The owner himself doesn't speak English, but is a funny guy who knows a lot about Uzbek history as he is a former Professor. Plus, he played on an old Uzbek guitar-like instrument while we were sitting in the courtyard under the apple tree, which gave the atmosphere something mythical. I can recommend the guesthouse to all travellers who look for a nice, but simple place for good money.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled solo
3 Thank Nadine C

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Marseille, France
Reviewed July 29, 2014

I stayed couple of time in this beautiful guesthouse. Totally i spend 5 nights in single private room. Guesthouse is located in a recidental neighbourhood. Nearby you can find many shops, local restaurants and especially Charsu bazar (Very famous traditional market). Room was decorated with traditional style suzanas. There is private bathroom with hot water. Air Condition is excellent! Because it was about 40 degrees during afternoon. Owner (Oybek) is very very friendly and helpful person. Always run around customers and try to help them for any kind of problems and always happy to answer any kind of questions. He organized me pick up service with his car middle of the night without any problem. Always welcomed me. He booked all my accomodations in Uzbekistan. I asked to eat dinner in hotel and her mom is cooked me very delicious foods all day. Breakfast is very good (egs, tea/coffe, chees, bread, fruits and jem). Wifi is working very well. And best experience in this hotel is his fathers music. (his name is Mr.Murad Mirzo). He can not speak english but he can understand you and his son Oybek speak great english. All family were very friendly and helpful. My friend is adviced me to go to MIRZO guesthouse and he told me it's one of the best place in Uzbekistan. And now i'm sure he was right! MIRZO guesthouse is one of the very best place to stay and enjoy during travel. I always advice to all my friend to go to this place for see really Uzbek life and warm atmosphere. I can not forget about this fantastic hotel! I always remember his (Oybek) phrase: hope to see you next time". Me too my best friend!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
3 Thank elenaborneu789
Reviewed July 28, 2014

I stayed this guest house first day I arrived. Even though I came early at noon, they cleaned the room in a second and let me in the dormitory!
It was a nice place to stay so after I went around Bukhara and Samarkand, I came back.

The young guy speaks good English, which helped me a lot!

I had good breakfast with delicious melon.

If I have a chance to come back to Uzbekistan I would definitely come back to Mirzo guesthouse!

• Stayed July 2014
4 Thank Kohei K
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed July 27, 2014

A really wonderful guesthouse, could not have felt more welcome! The family is so generous and warm, it was a really enjoyable experience! In particular, the son (who speaks perfect English) went out of his way to ensure the stay was perfect. I could not be more grateful!

Location: walking distance to Churso, close to Imom Khom square and the metro

Amenities: wifi, constant hot water, free tea and coffee, water available to purchase, good air-con

Breakfast: very generous and delicious!

Travel advice: helped book further accom., train tickets. Gave great advice on organising transport and taxis.

Late arrivals/departures were not an issue at all! And the airport pick-up service was very convenient!

Would highly recommend to all heading towards Tashkent!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
4 Thank Dher5
Vienna, Austria
Reviewed July 5, 2014

MIRZO is our last accomodation in Uzbekistan. Lovely family run, small guesthouse. Decorated with traditional style. Courtyard is very beautiful with traditional tapchan. Location is perfect! Just few minutes walking from metro station and most famous places. Friendly and helpful staff. Wi-Fi and bathroom are best all our trip. When we arrive to Tashkent 1th day of our trip we stayed other hotel but then we changed our choose to MIRZO for last days. Price is one of the cheapest for Tashkent. Best accomodation in Tashkent, we miss you!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
8 Thank Tom A
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 4, 2014

I was a little disappointed by the Mirzo Guesthouse.

At first, everything seems good - there is a sign on the wall outside to indicate you are in the correct place, the owner and his son were friendly. However, we arrived at 6am on our bicycles after travelling for overv48 hours on no sleep and had to wait until almost 2pm to check in, despite being told repeatedly that we could check in early. We had a 'corridor' dorm room, not quite in the dorm, but with people walking through to get to their room at all times of day or night. It didn't feel very secure for our belongings.

We shared a dodgy shower room with the work men who were painting the outside of the hostel, it wasn't cleaned once in the five nights we stayed. The workmen left it in a terrible state.

Breakfast was almost good, lots of tea and great jam, but old, hard bread and rather suspicious eggs.

With the courtyard area, they would do well to have a little area for cooking/self catering, especially with the close access to the amazing Chorsu market.

We were also rushed out of our room early (before 8am) , even though we were clearly packing up and getting ready to leave.

Next time, we will go to Gulnara.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank hantb
Stockholm, Sweden
Reviewed July 2, 2014

The family that owns Mirzo guesthouse is a very friendly and service minded and you will certainly be treated to more than one story from the owner who used to be a professor. It is an excellent place to meet fellow travellers. The breakfast is quite good and the location is excellent as the historic places are situated nearby. Though downtown is located quite a walk away.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo