“Oasis in a hotel desert....”

Radisson Blu Hotel, Tashkent
Ranked #3 of 39 Hotels in Tashkent
bethesda, md
“Oasis in a hotel desert....”
Reviewed May 30, 2013

For the last three trips to Tashkent, I have been lucky enough to get a booking at the Radisson. From what I have seen and heard, it is definitely the best hotel option in town. The rooms are clean and well maintained; the staff is friendly and helpful; and the breakfast buffet is quite impressive. I frequently eat at the bar at night and find the food of reasonable quality and price. I have also eaten at the outside restaurant on weekends and find it to be a happening place for the local population. Recently, they invested in more exercise equipment and improved the gym, in addition to the massage room and sauna. Given the options, I consider this the best place to stay in the country.

Room Tip: If you can, avoid rooms overlooking Amir Temur as they are quiter.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Doniyor M, Director of Sales at Radisson Blu Hotel, Tashkent, responded to this review, June 6, 2013

On behalf of our entire staff here at the Radisson Blu we would like to thank you for your business and we hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to the area!

With kindest regards,

Doniyor Makhmudov

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
  • Serbian first
  • Turkish first
Zagreb, Croatia
Reviewed May 17, 2013

I stayed in Radisson Blu Tashkent twice, first time in 2009 but I hardly recall it. I stayed recently for the whole week. I came with TA during the night, I got the room on the 4th floor, it was so noisy because it was overlooking to main street with heavy traffic and I guess sound isolation does not exist. I heard later that the building was not primarily for hotel purpose. Anyway, I did not sleep at all and next day I asked to move to another, more quiet room. The room on the same floor was given to me, just on the opposite side. After few minutes I realized it was noisy too, but because the noise related to the AC which I turned off. So, I called concierge, they called two guys to check it out, and I was told that the noise is coming from "back-up AC system" which will be turned off every day at midnight and that nothing can be done - so I had the option to go back to the room where I hear every single car driving on 8 lines busy road or to hear constant loud noise from back-up AC system. I stayed in this another room but it was very annoying. I was in Tashkent by business and I needed a pieceto work... The food for breakfast is ok, nothing special, a lot of pastries, cheese and fresh salat. It was ok, tasty, but not spectacular. The service in the breakfast room was good, specially nice young girl Ferize. Other: internet is slow, the gym room is not the room, it is small corridor to the pool and bar in the garden. So, overall, it was not the greatest experience, for being a business hotel, charging 142 USD / night (contract rate), it should be much better, even in Tashkent.

Room Tip: Read the text above. Rooms on the 4th floor were very noisy.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank DjurdjicaO
Dear Guest,

On behalf of our entire staff here at the Radisson Blu we apologize for the concerns you have about your experience at this hotel.

We appreciate the feedback and will use it to fine tune our operations in the hope that upon your next visit, we can meet or exceed your expectations.

Kiev, Ukraine
Reviewed March 20, 2013

Earlier I stayed at City Palace Hotel and Hotel Dedeman Silk Road Tashkent, you may read about them also, and I have to say that Radisson is classier then the first two.
This hotel looks pretty new (and really I don`t know when it was build) and it provides all the necessary services.

The rooms are big enough, bathrooms are good (but I prefer shower rather than bathtube), wifi is free but very slow, breakfast has a broad selection of dishes.

They also have an open-air swimming-pool.

The hotel is situated close to metro station (if you like to see it, `cause the stations are really beautiful) but it`s really easy to take a cab there (and it`s cheap) – the only thing you have to do is to raise your hand and one of white chevrolet matizes will stop (average price is 5k)

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Doniyor M, Front Office Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Tashkent, responded to this review, March 28, 2013
Dear Mr. Paranko,

Receiving compliments from satisfied guests is a great pleasure for any hotel management and it is a gift for our team to hear that our efforts to create a hospitable environment are not lacking in result.
I would like to thank you for your business and we hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to the area!

Manila, Philippines
Reviewed February 28, 2013

This is a long overdue review, sorry. I stayed here 2 years ago, and now that I have some free time, I want to say, I enjoyed my stay in this hotel. Because...the staff were helpful, the room is very cozy, and the food was more than good. Their breakfast buffet was not grand but they looked and tasted good. And one morning, I had to leave the hotel very early, so the night before, I ordered room service for breakfast, and it came right on time, just before 6am. And every time I came back from work, my room was immaculately cleaned. Radisson Blu in Tashkent is really a nice hotel for business, and, I believe, leisure trips.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank SunshineYell0w
Dear Madam,

Reviewed January 15, 2013 via mobile

If you get a room on the 1st,2nd and 3rd floor facing street, prepare ear plugs. Windows are not sound proof, you get quite a noise of cars passing by. And the street is considered to be one of the busiest in Tashkent. Reception is okish. Few years ago was more hospital and informative.

• Stayed January 2013
1 Thank GolibZ
Doniyor M, Front Office Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Tashkent, responded to this review, January 18, 2013
We appreciate you taking the time to write feedback regarding your stay in our Hotel. Soon we will solve a problem which you have mentioned and hope you will have a pleasant stay with us on future trips to Tashkent. Thank you for choosing Radisson Blu Hotel Tashkent.

Best regards,
Gurugram (Gurgaon), India
Reviewed December 18, 2012

I was there on a business trip in Dec 2012 and found my stay very comfortable. The wifi in the room is free but a bit slow...The staff is very friendly and service is good...The restaurant is expensive and there are good restauarants nearby which are cheaper and better...The Taxi driver organized by Radisson only spoke Russian which can be an issue for people who do not speak that language...Since I know little russian, I managed...But to give credit to the taxi driver, he was very reasonable charging only 1000 sums per km. The official exchange rate is 2000 sums to a USD and open market rate is higher which only the locals can convert USD to SUM.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the rear are quiet
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Deepak5268
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed November 13, 2012

Normal three star type hotel, this is best you can get in this part of world. Wifi is free and the food was excellent. Staffs are friendly and helpful.
You may get similar type of hotel with less cheaper price.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple