“The Best One!!!”

Ranked #15 of 39 Hotels in Tashkent
Hyderabad
“The Best One!!!”
Reviewed February 4, 2014

Be frank Hotel Ujbekistan is one of the oldest Hotel needs to modernize mostly carpet dusted needs to replace you cant find a single water bottle in mini bar & you cant get elevator signals from out side whether the elevator is coming or not BUT the location and view from the Room ,Room size and well working heaters dominates all of these negative points very big lobby good staff also there is one cafe in lobby and the chef of Restaurant is very good person he listens what guest is asking and serves with love and he greets every one "salama lekum"breakfast with cake,omelet,breads and dry fruits.
This Hotel location is Heart of the city Amir Temur Square

Room Tip: Higher floors to get good view
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank SPECIALDAY

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 2, 2014

Stayed here for one night each at beginning and end of a trip to Uzbekistan. The hotel served its purpose well. The rooms were spacious and comfortable and most things worked. Breakfast was buffet style and probably as good as you'll get. There is a great view from the bar on the top floor. We ate at the restaurant twice and the food was OK with some choice for non meat eaters and reasonable prices. Hotel staff were friendly enough if a little lackluster. Good location.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed January 24, 2014

My husband reserved a room for 2 nights for Dec.30, 2013 - Jan.1, 2014. He was supposed to come from Istanbul and meet with me and kids in Tashkent. I had to go Turkish embassy early morning on Dec. 30 and flied from Urgench to Tashkent on Dec. 29th. Due to a delay I arrived at hotel at 12:30am on Dec.30. The front desk told me that I will be able to check into the room my husband reserved in the morning, so they offered me a room for $150 to stay there for just few hours. The room was not for $150. They required a payment upfront. They did not accept credit cards, because the system was not working, I offered to pay in dollars, they asked for Uzbek sums. So in the middle of the night a 3 months pregnant woman with 4 and 5 years-old kids tired and sleepy after a flight were running in the hotel to exchange dollars and were able to get into the room only by 2:oo am.
I am a citizen of Uzbekistan, but my son and daughter had Turkish and USA passports. They required a marriage certificate. There was a man who looked like a foreigner who worked that night at reception who told me that kids Uzbek visa expired on Dec.29. And I said that we are doing our best to extend this visa. Next day we had breakfast. Breakfast was horrible. Then we left the hotel and came back afternoon. As we entered the hotel, one the guys stating in front called for us and demanded for a valid visa for my kids. I explained the situation that I had just arrived to do extension of my kids visa, and was not able to come earlier because I had to renew my passport and get OVIR (Uzbek visa for Uzbek citizens to be able to travel abroad) in order to go out from Uzbekistan. Since 2007 I live in USA. That afternoon we moved into the suite that my husband reserved. It was very cold there. No one even turned on the heat. It took me a while to find out and turn on the heat and the suit was not warmed even when we were leaving it.
That afternoon I had to go to OVIR at Tashkent international airport to get exit visas for my kids. But OVIR demanded to pay fine. So the head of tourist firm that obtained T-visas for my kids refused to pay the fine and decided to resolve this issue in different way. According to the new regulations I could apply for Uzbek passport for my kids. We were not able to get our exit visas and came back to hotel late evening. The hotel staff was calling my room and demanding us to leave the hotel. I did not know what to do. I did not know where to go with kids. It was around 11 pm I found another hotel to stay that night. I had pressure on me and my kids during the short stay in that hotel and we were forced to leave the hotel in the middle of the night. I was crying that all night and my kids were very sad because of all happened.
So we had to go to a new hotel and next morning my husband arrived. On Jan.2, 2014 we checked into Dedeman hotel where no one even asked for a document for our kids. I recommend Dedeman. We stayed there till January 6, everything was excellent in Dedeman. Dedeman Hotel staff was great, breakfast was excellent, rooms are warm and clean.
I do not recommend Hotel Uzbekistan to those who are looking for accommodation in Tashkent at all.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
6 Thank UmidaY

Travelers are raving about these Tashkent hotels

Corvallis, Oregon
Reviewed December 5, 2013 via mobile

I of course was here during off season, received a room on the 16th floor which was quite nice, great views! Front counter staff was brisk and efficient, staff in the 17th floor restaurant was attentive but not smothering, were very pleasant, food was better than most venues. Yes, hallways were kind of dark, but I think it added to the Soviet ambiance. Great central location for sightseeing, would have no issues staying here again. Loved the Uzbek people!

• Stayed November 2013
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed December 2, 2013

Despite some average reviews in the past, we decided this would be a reasonable first stop in Uzbekistan - a good way of easing ourselves in and an opportunity to rest up in standard accommodation after our long flight before moving onto more atmospheric stays in other towns. Overall, it was OK - not great, but we had no particular issues either. The room was large with plenty of space for suitcases, a little seating area, and a basic desk. Air-conditioning was good and did the job. The bathroom was good enough and reasonably clean. The bed was huge and the room was cleaned every day. There was no noise to speak of. The only negative comment I would have is that the carpet really needed a good clean. We had breakfast included and that was good - big buffet selection and lots of options for everyone, hot and cold. The location is both convenient and not - there is a metro station right out the front, but the hotel is in more of an embassy area and the cafe / restaurant / dining options are limited. This was our biggest struggle. I believe the hotel has a reasonable restaurant but we did not try it. There are small 'supermarkets' nearby but choices are limited and watch the closing hours.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Brighton, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 1, 2013

Eyecatching architecture, very clean and comfy rooms too. Breakfast was a bizarre and most enjoyable selection of all manner of buffet food. Right next to a tube station and many of the sites of Tashkent. Admittedly I have had a glass of wine as I write this, but as a start and end point of my tour of Uzbekistan, I was very happy!

Plus- it had the best toilet paper of my trip. Seriously, pack your own if you are going exploring. My experience in a yurt camp was like using a cheese grater.

Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Kate H
Udaipur, Rajasthan, India
Reviewed November 25, 2013

Despite being located at a very good location and having grand facilities, they fail to deliver what a Hotel of this range is supposed to.........not so hospitable. Rooms are good but badly maintained. Old Hotel with poor managers.

Room Tip: Rooms at extreme ends of each floor are quieter, however the wifi is not strong enough to reach ther...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business