We (husband and I) stayed here for two nights in late April. The hotel was chosen for us by our Uzbek tour group organisers, with one night included and already paid for in the tour cost. We added a night (arriving two days before our scheduled "meet and greet" with our fellow tour mates) so we could have some independent time.
The main features of the stay that pleased us were:
1) location. We found it very easy to walk out and explore Tashkent from the hotel, and whilst we managed to get lost several times in Tashkent, the hotel, in its position overlooking Amir Timur park and next door to the very imposing Palace of International Forums, was easy to find again. Both the hotel and the Forums building tend to stick out a bit! Also, the metro stop is right in front of the hotel.
2) the included breakfast. We enjoyed the buffet - lots of choice and everything was fresh and tasted good. Filling up on breakfast here fuelled us up for lots of walking. The breakfasts here were the first of many included breakfasts on our three week tour through three countries, and they were as good as any we had during the trip.
3) free included wi fi, accessible in our room (this wasn't always the case on the trip).
4) people watching opportunities, one of the advantages of staying in a big tourist hotel. There were a few conventions and conferences on, so lots of groups from Central Asia, Asia and the Middle East were staying there. We shared our breakfast table on the second morning with a delightful Turkish scientist who was in town for a bee keeping conference. It was also fun sitting in the ground floor bar at the end of a long day of exploring, sipping on an Uzbek vodka, watching a number of wedding groups having their photos taken under the huge chandelier and on the spiral staircase!
Our room was OK, nothing to write home about, but not uncomfortable. From memory, the shower was fine.
We tried Gamburger, next door, one night and had a pleasant fast food style meal there (kebab, rice, bread, salad), washed down with Russian beer. Can't complain about that.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotwire, Agoda and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel Uzbekistan reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Uzbekistan Hotel Tashkent