Lotte City Hotel Tashkent Palace
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
Sharq Hotel(Tashkent)
  • Pool
All reviewsopera housekaraoke barrooftop restaurantlovely hoteldepartment storeearly hours of the morningcorner roomomelette cheffine hotelcentral asiabreakfast was excellentcomfortable bedsheart of the citygovernment buildingshotel serviceswimming pooltwo nights
Reviewed March 3, 2013

I stayed here for the first and last nite of my tour. The first night was quite a large room, the second was smaller. Both were quite luxurious and comfortable. The hotel overlooks the square with the opera house and the first room I had was overlooking the square. Reception staff speak good english and there is a 24 hour money exchange place inside the hotel. TV channels were ok, mostly russian or english news, one turkish music channel, no english movies however. Breakfast buffet also quite good with mostly western choices
It felt like a bit of a guilded cage. This is close to the Presidential Palace and Govt Ministries so has a heavy police presence everywhere. By careful taking pictures of nice looking buildings as I had a police car pull up to me within 3 seconds when I tried taking a photo of one and made me delete those pics.
The National History Museum of Uzbekistan is directly to the left and a good place to visit. Food is not easy to find but there is a pizza/spagetti place to the left of the opera house or a russian style cafeteria to the right of it. I think those were the only choices here as its a central office area. You can walk to Timur Square or use the metro quite easily for only 700 som (.35 cents).
My guide explained this is a 1950s soviet building that was completely gutted and renovated brand new in the last 10 years. It has very high standard finishes now

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank LondonE7
Reviewed February 28, 2013

We stayed there for five nights...it is a beautifull hotel nd the location was very central...subway train was very near.
Main problem Was language most people knows only uzbek language tourist dont know how to speak this language therefore it was a very big problem to us so tour guide is must.....overall we enjoyed there very much...and it is a beautifull and cheap country with smiling persons...:)

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank Ashok G
Reviewed February 13, 2013

The rooms are rather comfortable, good for those who will not spend much time in them. I'm not sure whether there must have been one but in the room there was no kettle. Once a day you are given a complimentary bottle of water (a small one). So if you are to spend much time in the hotel you'd have to find a place to buy some water.
Also (this one irritated me a lot) there are NO slippers! Good for you if you are traveling with your own slippers. But what if you are not?!... That definitely was inconvenient! (In sauna no slippers either)))
Moreover in the bathroom no toothpaste and no toothbrushes (lucky you are if you are well prepared for the journey, if you had no time to buy a toothbrush and toothpaste you'll have to look for them (And I'm not sure you'll find them) in the vicinity of the hotel). I was lucky enough I had my own toothbrush and toothpaste, it's too bad I had no slippers with me though))
God save you if you are traveling in a company and your company is a noisy one. Guards in that hotel do not particularly like noisy people... So at least twice a day we were asked whether we lived in the hotel and if we lived there then where our rooms were. Guess what? I think they were watching us closely))
And be cautious not to send mail from that hotel, I've sent three postcards and none of them reached the recipient!
If you are ready to overlook these small inconveniences the hotel is a good one. Breakfasts are delicious! Location is perfect! The building and views from the windows are inspiring! And for those who are traveling in summer there is a swimming pool! We managed to get to it during the winter. Strangely enough there were no swimmers then)

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed February 12, 2013

Faceless like the most star-rated hotels. The rooms are old-fashioned and not very large, but still comfortable, clean and quite. Windows could not be opened.

Food was poor and drinks expensive ans sometimes warm, not really like the standard. Breakfast outside in the garden was okay. Service over all was good.

The metro is in a walking distance (15 minutes). In the surrounding you'll find some restaurants and bars.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 3, 2013

Of the hotels in Tashkent, the Tashkent Palace is one of the (very) few that seems to get it right. For starters, its location is unparalleled. It is located just next to the Opera House and a few minutes walk to the main shopping drag of the city.

The hotel itself is built in the European style and it shows as well in the interiors of the lobby and the room. The building is low-rise and each floor has its rooms spread out in 3 major sections. Unfortunately, this means it's a long walk to get to some of the rooms.

The rooms are immaculately clean and seem quite new. It also helped that they're painted in bright and cheery colors to really maximize the hotel atmosphere. The bathroom is also similarly spacious and includes the standard amenities that one would expect from a hotel of its class.

We left very early the next day and managed to have our breakfast specially arranged by the hotel. I don't know what their standard breakfast offerings are but we were given mostly pastries and breads.

All in all, I would recommend this hotel!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family