“Nice place”

Ranked #4 of 39 Hotels in Tashkent
Izmir, Turkey
“Nice place”
Reviewed February 19, 2012

Very Nice place to have a great chat and rest.... Everybody is very friendly! My rating will express all my feelings :)

Room Tip: Choose the courtyarp view
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
New York
Reviewed January 23, 2012

Dear co-tourist,
I suggest staying somewhere else. In this hotel you may experience the soviet times.
I was staying 3 nights with my mother. She was staying for business meeting.
at check-in they smiled at us, an said you have a very nice room, but when we came up we saw smth similar to a dog kennel. It was a smoking room, though we have requested a non-smoking, it was cold, dirty, dark, tiny beds, no space at all...
We phoned directly the reception and said that we requested a non-smoking room, and they have told us no empty rooms... so after a couple of minutes of arguing and my mother (she is an influential person) saying she is living hotel immediately, they gave us an upgrade to a very small suite, but it was at least a possible place to stay...
The next day when they saw my mother with the present minister of health, they appologised several times, send us fruits, general manager called herself and ......
but even the slightest possibility of staying in the first room is scary...
So I suggest staying in Radisson or Intercontinental, from what i have heard from other members of our groups, they are much better.
The location is ok, since they took us everywhere by car, but anyway as i understood it's rather central.
I haven't been at breakfast, cuz i arrived 5 am first day, so i overslept it, and the second and third day we were leaving to Samarkand so we left at 6 am before it has started...
Anyway choose more pro-western hotels than this one!!\
and by the way the sleep quality was awful! the blanket was synthetic and thick, and it was too warm in the room even with the heating off... and due to winter period their condition was only programmed for heating, even in the acc position...

Room Tip: 414 was ok, a small suite but 112 was awful
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
4 Thank Shpaki
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 18, 2012

staff are very friendly and very helpful. however i think the bar restaurat does not represent good value for money, it is expensive by tash kent standards.
unless you like super spicy pasta avoid the penne arbiatta, on the two occassions i had it it was so peppery that i had to scrape the sauce off the pasta

• Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank Dick T
Daegu, South Korea
Reviewed January 17, 2012

It was very amazing service out there!Nice hotel, very accomodating staff. Booked a single room online and was not pleased with the room when I saw it. It was dark, small and dirty. The manager upgraded me to a better room, and it was very nice of her, she was very helpful and kind. Also she sent me fruit plate to the room. Unfortunately, I don't remember...

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Lola A
Reviewed December 19, 2011

I've been a loyal guest, being honest within all 4 years that I've been working in Tashkent. I have found this site during my last stay in this hotel - taking a chance would like to thank all ex-workers of concierges and reception! Frankly speaking, it is a great pity that most of brilliant receptionists got resigned... Anyway, during my absence of 3 months:
No meal menu changes applied for the breakfast;
No improvement of Wi-Fi - still granny speed :(
No amendments in rooms - got into non-smoking with smoked curtains!!!
The veeeeery dissapointing is that my colleagues were claming that Dedeman is not Dedeman right now, and now I do get why - horrible check in, the worst dinner I have ever had...
However, all my impressions of ex-Dedeman are superb!

• Stayed December 2011
3 Thank Jfabby
Moscow, Russia
Reviewed December 10, 2011

What I liked: Great location, spacious rooms, gym, big pool indoors and outdoors, breakfast.
What I did not like that much: View from window - was looking at backyard though I had delux room, wifi could be better

Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
New York City, New York
Reviewed December 5, 2011

Nice hotel, very accomodating staff.
The manager upgraded me to a better room, and it was very nice of her, she was very helpful and kind. Also she sent me fruit plate to the room. Unfortunately, I don't remember her name, starts with M.

Breakfast was nice, with lots of options. Offers both European and Uzbek food.

Free WiFi is pretty rare now even in 4 stars, but Dedeman offers it. Also there is a spa center and a beauty salon.

But there was a disappointing story at the end.
The evening concierge Avas tried to rip me off. I needed to travel to Samarqand and needed travel information. He called my room very early next morning saying that due to very bad weather no planes, trains were available, no even taxi drivers. Only one person would drive me there, in an old car (Nexia) and it would cost $200. I refuced and went back to sleep.

When I woke up, guess what? It was a sunny day with beautiful weather, and car service (brand new Lacetti) costed me $120.
Kind of disappointing.

Other than that, I enjoyed my stay there and would recommend it to others :)

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business