Wyndham Tashkent
$20
$17
Safar Hotel(Tashkent)(Great Value!)
$25
All reviewsdedeman silk roadnice hoteleasy accessfitness roomsmiling staffrooms are cleanindoor poolmini barinternet connectionreception desklast monthbusiness tripbusiness hotelthe heart of the cityhot dishesbreakfast buffetother hotels
Reviewed March 10, 2011

This was my 4th stay at this hotel within 2 years. Ususally we get bigger rooms with a sitting group, but this time we got small and a little bit shabby standard rooms. The worst thing about them was that the windows were towards the noisy street and it was impossible to sleep with an open window beacuse of the heavy traffic. The air-conditioning system is turned into a heating system during the winter season, and it was just about too warm in the room at night.

Having said that, I should say that the staff is as friendly and helpful as they have always been. They really do their best to satisfy your needs.

Breakfast is great if you keep in mind that Uzbekistan is a country where people prefer green tea instead of coffee. You have to pay extra if you do not like instant coffee. All coffee types, beer and especially wine have become much more expensive since my last stay at this hotel in November 2009, but the price is still lower than in Norway.

The gym is well equiped. The swimming pool is nice. Aromatherapy was really great and cost 1/3 of the price in Norway.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank isprinsesse
Reviewed March 9, 2011

It was a pleasure form e to be your guest at DEDEMAN TASHKENT. I’d like to thank each of you at Dedeman, that made me feel as if I am at home.
Actally, I travel a lot because my job. Therfore I had experienced many good hotels. But Dedeman Taskent is the only one among them that I really want be there. Always smiling staff at reception desk, at breakfast hall, at Opera Cafe are very polite and friendly. They are making Dedeman different than other hotels that I have seen.
I like to thank to Volkan bey as a great manager who lead this hotel work as accurate as a clock. I remember times that once he went somewere else and the hotel lost almost all coordination. That time I also went to another hotel, because of we did not see what we used to.

Of course we are facing a small group of people that make the difference. But I know there are more people, in kitchen and other facilites, even I havent seen their face. I’d like thank them as well.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed February 25, 2011

Stayed in the hotel for two weeks on a business trip, the staff and Management were helpful. Room was OK. Food nice but a bit pricey compared to the local restaurants which are good.
Watch out for the “special” $20 taxi fair to and from airport local taxis charge $5.
Nice Gym and pool.
Better buying souvenirs from local shops better value.
The cash machine was not working for a few days which happens a lot. The local currency SOM is a bit of a challenge as the biggest note is 1000 SOM which is about 40 pence.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank Hydrous
Reviewed February 2, 2011

Dedeman is one of good Tashkent hotels. Service is good, breakfest is good, location is goos BUT the rooms are too small. This is main disadvantage for me. Compare to other Tashkent hotels they are the smallest. And price could be better. As for advantages they are crediting miles to THY Miles&Smiles card. 500 for stay but you can try to negotiate and get same amount per 2 nights that it espesially good if you stay there for a week as I did twice ;)
BTW it has a nice swimbad and very unstable but free WiFi

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed July 9, 2010

with a great location. however, you could get simillar things with bigger rooms (but without inner pool) in hotel tashkent palace, where part of my colleagues stayed. one local recomended grand mir hotel. anyway, it is not a bad choice, and the location is a big advantage. if you are a firstcomer, you may choose this one and to look around for better choice next time.
count on 20 USD for taxi transport from- and to airport.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled on business