“Highly recommended! Homely, tranquil, artistic...”

Review of 55TG's - Angel's

Treasue Suite- Art
Treasure Suite Bath
Treasure Suite Sculpture
Treasure Suite Wall Art
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

French first
Italian first
Any
victoria...
“Highly recommended! Homely, tranquil, artistic and charming. ”
Reviewed March 13, 2017 for a stay in March 2017

I stayed at 55TG's for three nights and was delighted to be greeted with the artistic, light, calm and tranquil decor. The hotel is based away from busy roads, noise and pollution with mature trees, elegant furniture and wind chimes. The room was cooled prior to arrival and scented with lemongrass which added to the overall tranquility. The room contained lovely antique furnishings and very comfortable mattress and pillows. The owner Thanuj and his mother were very attentive, accommodating and helpful adding a personal touch to my stay. Thanuj is a talented interior designer with an abundance of stunning artwork which each carry their own interesting story. Madush was extremely attentive and diligent, ensuring that all of my needs were met. The food was absolutely delicious and varied, compliments to the Head Chef!I would definitely come back to 55TG's and will recommend it to my friends and colleagues when staying in Colombo.

Mar 14, 2017
Dear Victoria Rose,

It was pleasure to have had you stayed at 55TG's and so good to know that you had enjoyed your stay. Thank you for the wonderful comments. Would be lovely to see you again
Cheers
Thanuj
TziganeP
Kolkata (Calcutta), India
“A luxuriously artistic home stay”
Reviewed December 27, 2016 for a stay in November 2016

55TG's - Angel's is simply breathtakingly beautiful! But it’s not beauty without a soul. The soul of this particular property being the owner Thanuj. Warm, friendly, extremely helpful yet completely non-intrusive. This review would be incomplete without the mention of the caretaker of the property- Madhu. Just so sweet, helpful and accommodating at all times. Both him and Anuj were up late to welcome me after my midnight flight into Colombo. Madhu was present to help me with whatever I needed- sudden dinner cravings, tuk tuks into the city, traditional Sri Lankan breakfast etc. I must also mention Anuj’s super sweet mother who made me feel so welcomed when she came to my room with some yummy home-made cake. A real treat after a long day of travelling! Adding to the homely charm of the estate are their 3-4 dogs. I’m a dog person and loved having them around.
Coming back to the actual property, the hospitality of the residents is matched by the beauty of this lovely home-stay. The rooms are exclusively and tastefuly designed by Anuj himself who is also an interior designer. Each room is different but each room has a royal, regal feel to it and your first thoughts as you enter the place are “Wow! I wouldn’t want to disturb anything in this room. It’s so picture perfect!”
I would recommend this place to everyone, anytime!
The only minor complaint I had, which really isn’t that much, was that the TV was not working throughout my stay and could not be turned on. That being said, chances are you’ll be spending the whole exploring the beauty of Sri Lanka and won’t even need it.
All in all, perfect 5 stars for this beautiful, artistic abode.

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Dec 28, 2016
Wow what a wonderful comment, I even feel do I even deserve it, thank you it very sweet of you and yes we do like pampering our guest
Laura C
“A luxurious home away from home”
Reviewed December 8, 2016 for a stay in December 2016

Beautiful and relaxed place, very tastefully decorated with all comfort at hand. Kindest reception by the family and especially Madu who made sure nothing was missing. Loacation bit far from key locations, but easily reachable with tuk tuk or taxi.

Dec 10, 2016
Thank Laura, So good to know you enjoyed your stay at 55TG's Suites Colombo Sri lanka. Hope we will have pleasure of having you with us again.
Roe2010
Fort Myers, Florida
“Studio apartment tastefully done”
Reviewed June 28, 2016 for a stay in June 2016
person found this review helpful

We stayed at 55s for 4 nights at the studio, they have another one bedroom too.

The B$B option was great, Madusha does a great job, free WiFi included.

Centrally located place, hidden Jen.

Jun 29, 2016
Thanks Roe, it was wonderful to have you and your daughter stay at 55TG's
Christine...
London, United Kingdom
“Tasteful and exceptional studio apartment in Colombo, Sri Lanka.”
Reviewed June 20, 2016 for a stay in May 2016

This is, without a doubt, the best place to stay in Colombo. As soon as I arrived, I was greeted by Madhu, the sweet, polite and accommodating butler, and Thanuj - the host. I also met the hosts brother, mother and the lady who cooks delicious food on the premises. I felt it was a privilege to be able to stay in his home and meet his family, gaining an insight into the way they live, his impeccable taste in art, design and interior styling and learning a little about Buddhism. I was upgraded to the Angel's studio apartment and had the most comfortable stay. It exuded freshness, being spacious, super clean and flooded with natural light. It has a large wardrobe, washing machine, kitchen and luxurious sink and shower area. I would therefore highly recommend it for longer stays. Thanuj was charismatic and clearly has bags of experience in the hospitality industry. Breakfast was a definite highlight - healthy and really hit the spot. Overall, I thought it was excellent value for money, being able to live in a luxurious apartment in a quiet residential area, with the location being close enough to all that Colombo has to offer.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: great hospitality
Your age range 25-34
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Jun 21, 2016
Hi Cristine, Thank You for your lovely comments and certainly looking forward to have at 55TG's again soon

Cheers
Thanuj
Sclemente
San Clemente, California
“California, USA”
Reviewed May 7, 2016 for a stay in January 2016

Beautiful place, tastefully decorated with high-end furnishings and crafts. A constant cool breeze flows through the windows and for more privacy there's A/C and dim lighting. The view is into the city and the nearby village. There's a full kitchen available, seating, dining and full en-suite bath. The oversized bed and linens are carefully created and constructed for ultra comfort. I will definitely be back when I visit the beautiful country again! Thank you and looking forward to staying again.

May 8, 2016
Thanks for the wonderful comments, it's been a while since you stayed with us. Hope to serve you even better, when you are with us next time
chamara w
“Piece of heaven in Colombo !!!”
Reviewed March 5, 2016 for a stay in February 2016

I arrived earlier than the expected check in time and the host Thanuj was very flexible and prepared the place for me in a few minutes. The butler prepared me a nice Ceylon tea while I was waiting. When I entered the room I was amazed by the collection of art, antiques, and the interiors. The room was lightly sprayed with a nice lemon grass incence which was quite relaxing and the place was nicely chilled with air conditioning. The room (Tresure) has a beautiful bathroom which is opened to a private garden with a direct view of a small lotus pond which was so peaceful. Even the bathroom is decorated with nice artwork ! There was a collection of architectural, historical, and local novels which I wish I had more time to go through but would be so nice for a traveller who's planning to stay longer in Colombo. The host Thanuj is so very friendly and was kind enough to take his time to recommend me best restaurants in the area for me to have lunch and dinner. There were fruits, juice, oatmeal, milk, yogurt, tea, coffee and biscuits which was very convenient as I had to check out early in the morning to leave to Kandy. The stay in Colombo had never been more convenient and relaxing thanks to 55TG's. The host gave me a tour of the upstairs open plan apartment 'Angels' which included a laundry area, fully equipped pantry and kitchen. The place was so peaceful and eligant! I will definitely come stay there next time I come to Colombo for a longer stay. I would recommend 55TG's for any individual traveler or a couple coming to colombo and wants a peaceful and homely place to stay with a true Srilankan hospitality experience.

Mar 6, 2016
Thank you Mr W, it so good to know that guest actually appreciate little details like early checking, lemon grass incence, how we chill the rooms prior to checking, the decor, the collection of books. Thank you because we really know now that we made you happy. Please do come back and let us serve you even better
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing