“Nugegoda outlet”

Ranked #5 of 11 Bakeries in Colombo
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed May 21, 2014

The outlet at Nugegoda is horrible. They sell stale short eats in the evening. I went there yesterday and had a stuffed chili and a fish roll, While eating I got a sour taste, but since it is fab, i did not doubt them. After a while I got a sick feeling, and had to skip the dinner. I was vomiting the whole night. If the Management does not take action against this outlet, I will take this up withe the health authorities.

1  Thank Mareena A

Reviewed May 1, 2014

i love the pastry here its superb.the food is fresh and service is always good and well organised at busy hours.mutton pie is yummy

Reviewed March 26, 2014

Dear All,

This is one of the oldest pastry shops in Colombo. It is highly reputed for their food items such as cakes, sweets and savories. I am a regular patron at Colombo 03 and Nugegoda outlets.
Today i was there for lunch with my husband ordered the pastries and also ordered two "JUMBO HOT DOGS" as well.
The pastries were cold and of tiny portion sizes which we didn't mind since usually they were tasty. However this was not the case.
The pastries were not appetizing in appearance (not even by trainee chef standards)
OUR BIGGEST AND MOST DISGUSTING FOOD SHOCK EVER (surpassing the baddest one's that may have got me sick)
FAB JUMBO HOTDOG
1 They seem to have mistaken the word JUMBO with tiny
2 Killer rip of for Rs. 150/- for a bun and sausage that's it! not even butter
3 The sausage was probably cheese and onion flavor but meant to be served in hell or a torture camp
4 It tasted like vomit
5 Restaurant Manager confirmed that this was their JUMBO HOT DOG so their was no mistake
Unfortunately we were really hungry and gulped down most of the food (which I regret as I am writing this review)

What lets me down even more is I could not formally speak to any senior person running Fab despite requesting for them by designation (GM, director operation, Chef etc) they are all not available at the moment as per the floor manager

Fab even though we enjoyed your food despite the ridiculously over priced food selection I am really sad for you guys and will not come to you again
You are no longer the leader in the pastry shop trade so if you want to hold on to your customers please inquire in to the above mentioned.

My husband gave his business card to your manager on duty during lunch today so if you need pics our invoice number etc and if you genuinely want to pull your socks up do contact us as we are more than happy to show you (couldn't upload pics as it is in my phone at the moment)

1  Thank Eann S
Reviewed March 3, 2014 via mobile

We went to buy a cake and they said 100% all cakes contain alcohol mr they are popular so may be not so concerned about the client base who seek alcohol free products

33  Thank 361,122
Reviewed February 22, 2014

We have ordered food for our daughters Birthday . They have small pastries and Buns for Children. Children enjoyed the food very much. Small Chicken Bun was great and children loved this.