“I loved it!!”

Ranked #22 of 613 Restaurants in Colombo
Cuisines: German
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Located in the heart of Colombo, a true European Pub with great food, large portions and cheap beer and drinks
Reviewed May 19, 2013

This is the place you should visit if you are in for German Food. The atmosphere of the hotel is excellent and you will feel as if you are in a restaurant in German. The quality of food is excellent and this is one place I will be visiting over and over again.

Reviewed May 17, 2013

If you aren't too keen on sea food and sea facing, then Bavarian is highly recommended for great tasting food and decent beers. The service wasn't anything extraordinary, but met expectations. This was my second visit and I am sure to visit again on my next trip. This is situated across the road from Galle Face Hotel and right in between Cinnamon Grand and Taj Samudra which makes it even better.

Reviewed May 4, 2013 via mobile

Beers on tap are mostly local or the ubiquitous Carlsburg. Still there are bottles of good German pilsners, lagers and weisbeers on hand. I wish there had been a good oktoberfest something though. The service was pretty attentive in my experience, and quite courteous. I started with the chefs special mixed seafood chowder. Very good. Squid rings, prawns and chunks of grouper stewed together very harmoniously...really enjoyed it. I had the stroganoff and homemade noodles for main. I was also very impressed...a comfort food done right in a very fulfilling manner. The various bread served with the soup and dinner was warm and seemed freshly baked that day. Some could even be considered "brot", if you take my meaning. The place filled up with customers as the dinner seating progressed with a good mix of locals and foreigners. There was a good vibe in the room---good noise level---comfortably low lighting. Good German (any German) restaurants can be a little hard to find in South Asia. I recommend this one if you're just looking for something different today.

Reviewed April 24, 2013

Been here a few times and thoroughly enjoyed the food, the service and the atmosphere. I highly recommend. Cheers! Raja

Reviewed April 18, 2013

Since my friends and I visited this place last year, I have returned at least 3 more times.
My family love the sausages plate and lamb.
Was informed that the German owner has left years ago and the local partner/owner continues to run the business and he is doing a good job in keeping the standard.
The tree design seating good for family and group.

We like the atmosphere as it is always pack with tourists and locals -
but it can take up to 40 minutes to get your food serve.
So please visit this place no later than 8pm during weekend.

Few of the staffs there are really diligent and provide good customer service.
Love to visit again.