“Bad food, Bad customer service”
Review of Sen Saal

Sen Saal
Ranked #440 of 562 Restaurants in Colombo
Cuisines: Indian, Italian, Cafe, Sri Lankan
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Takeout
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Takeout
Colombo
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Bad food, Bad customer service”
Reviewed October 17, 2012

It's very difficult to order food in this place, as the staff just drift away while the order is being given, or attend to something else, wasting the time of the customers. Some of the savory food bought from this place has sand in it, and tastes sour, and seems like it's old food been frozen and sold over and over again. The staff is very unfriendly, unpleasant and has a 'not bothered' attitude. I do not recommend this place to anyone for any requirement.

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank A P

Los Angeles
“Terrible. YOU WILL GET SICK! Don't eat here!”
Reviewed October 10, 2012

I just had a fish bun here (Oct 8th). It looks like they don't use gloves or utensils to serve it because the fish bun was served to me with some ketchup on the top which looked like it was rubbed off someone’s finger as they put it on the plate. My mistake was to accept it (which I shouldn't have but Sri Lankans don't think twice about using the same hands they touch money with to touch your food with so I just broke off the piece where the ketchup was and took a bit. I thought it tasted a little funny but then took a second bit and realized that the filling had gone bad. I asked my dad who was with me to smell it and he said it had definitely gone bad. I called the server and told him that this had gone bad but he tried to tell me it was fine but thankfully my dad was with me so he backed me up. They called the manager and he took it away from us and asked the server to give us another fish but. But unfortunately by then I had lost my appetite and left. However, on a side not, my dad happened to be in a taxi driving past this place that same day and told the person he was with what had happened with the old fish bun. The taxi driver had chimed in and said that this is about the 10th person he’s of that has complained that this place serves old food and many people get sick eating here. So please don’t eat here. It is a very unhygienic place and they serve old food.

Visited October 2012
Hong Kong, China
“Cheap, Clean and tasty food”
Reviewed October 3, 2012

Sen Saal nawala
Cheap, Clean and tasty food
Stopped at Sensaal as lunch. Convenient location with ample parking space. The restaurant is very spacious and clean. The food both Srilankan and western was very delicious. The orange juice was one of the best I have had after a long time in Srilanka. The short eats and sweet treats on the ground floor was also very good accompanied by the extensive choice. The food is very cheap
However it took a long time for the waiters to serve the food to the table and the food could have been better if it was served very hot. The cleanliness of the toilets could be improved. But the staff was friendly and helpful.

• Visited October 2012
Colombo
“All kinds of Eats”
Reviewed October 2, 2012

There are 3 outlets I believe- Battaramulla, Colombo 5 and Nawala.

The Nawala outlet is the most recent. Downstairs for breads, buns, cakes pastries and sandwiches. The breads are excellent with a variety to choose from, their current loaf is good. The ribbon cake is also very good.

Upstairs are lunches and dinners for take away and sit down meals in a nice restaurant area without much glamour.

The fried rice and noodles are good. Their lasagna is very tasty and a portion can serve 2 people.

They also have a tasty kuruma curry for godhamba rotti.

Staff is very courteous. Parking space fair.

Visited September 2012
Colombo, Sri Lanka
“a warm place always...”
Reviewed September 17, 2012

love the atmosphere and the service. the manager is soo welcoming always... its a great place for a quick snack or a meet up :)

Visited September 2012