It was pouring when we landed in Colombo at 1 am so it took us an hour to find Casa Colombo though we crossed it four times! It seemed like an off start to our honeymoon but then the Casa Colombo magic began..
Arrun, our domo was the sweetest ever.. He went out to the nearest place in the rain to get us some food! And helped us with everything.. from where to go to spa bookings.. to getting us breakfast at 5 am!!
The hotel is out of this world with the waterfall showers, amazing bathtub (which they decorated as a surprise with flowers), MAcbook in the room, awesome home theatre, brilliant bed and spaciousness.. just as it looks in the pictures..
The breakfast is one of the best Ive had and the foot spa is to be recommended..
A few issues :
1. The complimentary dinner voucher from Tripadvisor did not work.. Arrun spoke to Zacky the manager too who said it had expired..
2. Some of the honeymoon benefits had to be asked for..
Even so, the ambience of the hotel has to be seen to be believed.. There is a two pronged fan.. funky sunbeds.. and even a psychedelic wall.. Its amazing how the modern and old blend in beautifully.. Would love to go again!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A 200 year old mansion restored and converted to a retro-chic hotel with 12 exclusive designer suites, 2 trendy restaurants, the stylish bar and tea garden, and a pink pool. Guests looked after by private Domos and transfers done in vintage cars or helicopters. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Agoda, Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Casa Colombo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa Colombo Hotel Colombo
- Casa Hotel Colombo