We had to wait 45 minutes when we checked in because our room was ready. Little effort was made to make us feel comfortable during that time. And this after our three-wheeler from the train station (the only transport we could find there) was not allowed to approach the front door of the hotel because it competes with the hotel taxi service. We dragged our luggage up the long driveway dodging cars. Not an auspicious welcome.
We had a number of other problems at this hotel: we had to really fight for the non-smoking room we ordered, and ironically returned to the room to find someone had smoked a cigarette in it while we were gone (housekeeping?). At the bar by the pool, we ordered two margaritas during happy hour, our order was forgotten, and then we were billed peak-hour prices when the drinks arrived a half hour later. The public spaces of this hotel were dominated by weddings, which made one often feel like one was trespassing on someone else's party. Also, the cost of internet in the rooms was quite expensive.
On the other hand, we found hotel taxi to the airport helpful and timely. The room itself was quite nice and we got a good deal online. It's just too bad about the service.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Just 35 kilometers from the Bandaranaike International Airport (BIA), luxurious Cinnamon Grand Colombo is located in the heart of Colombo City’s business, shopping and entertainment center. Elegantly designed, spacious rooms at the Cinnamon Grand offer a wide range of in-room amenities, king size beds, and a pillow menu to ensure your comfort and pleasure. All rooms feature carefully attended-to bathrooms and toiletries, large flat screen TVs, a mini bar, and WiFi access. The hotel’s 14 restaurants provide an electric mix of international cuisines, including award-winning Sri Lankan seafood at the Lagoon Restaurant & Garden, and the best of European fine dining at the London Grill. To wind down, guests can patronize Cinnamon Grand’s poolside ‘Breeze Bar’ or typical British pub style ‘Cheers Pub,’ and enjoy a wide range of cocktails, beer and fresh juices. There are two gymnasiums, a spa retreat, a tennis court and two pools. Cinnamon Grand is also located right next to Colombo’s high end shopping mall, Crescat Boulevard. Cinnamon Grand Colombo is fully accessible and is an environmentally friendly property. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com and TravelClick so you can book your Cinnamon Grand Colombo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cinnamon Grand Colombo Hotel Colombo
- Cinnamon Grand Hotel Colombo
- Cinnamon Hotel Colombo
- Colombo Cinnamon Grand Hotel