We booked this hotel for two nights after reading the excellent reviews on trip advisor. Our room overlooked the pool, it was a good size and had everything you would need. Good mini bar, iron and ironing board, room safe and even daily news paper delivered to your door each morning.
The hotel is very well maintained, however some areas although well kept are beginning to look a bit dated. The hotel grounds are lovely, excellent poolside bar so nice you wont want to leave.
There is a wide choice of restaurants catering for everyone's taste.
We had an evening meal at the Taprobane Restaurant, buffet style but so much choice you don't know what to choose.
We had lunch in the British bar Cheers, the fish and chips are amazing, so good we had them again the next day. (Would give the roast of the day a miss) The bar has a smoking area, it feels odd as we have not been able to smoke in pubs in the UK for years.
Buffett breakfast again excellent and very good value.
The only negative point, we enquired about booking the hotel car to take us on to our next hotel further along the coast. The price we were quoted by the Cinnamon was almost double the cost of the taxi right outside the hotel. Needless to say we booked the taxi.
Good location and would love to stay again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Just 35 kilometers from the Bandaranaike International Airport (BIA), luxurious Cinnamon Grand Colombo is located in the heart of Colombo City’s business, shopping and entertainment center. Elegantly designed, spacious rooms at the Cinnamon Grand offer a wide range of in-room amenities, king size beds, and a pillow menu to ensure your comfort and pleasure. All rooms feature carefully attended-to bathrooms and toiletries, large flat screen TVs, a mini bar, and WiFi access. The hotel’s 14 restaurants provide an electric mix of international cuisines, including award-winning Sri Lankan seafood at the Lagoon Restaurant & Garden, and the best of European fine dining at the London Grill. To wind down, guests can patronize Cinnamon Grand’s poolside ‘Breeze Bar’ or typical British pub style ‘Cheers Pub,’ and enjoy a wide range of cocktails, beer and fresh juices. There are two gymnasiums, a spa retreat, a tennis court and two pools. Cinnamon Grand is also located right next to Colombo’s high end shopping mall, Crescat Boulevard. Cinnamon Grand Colombo is fully accessible and is an environmentally friendly property. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, TravelClick, Booking.com, Priceline, Agoda, HotelsClick, Hotel.de, HRS, Reservation Counter and Despegar.com so you can book your Cinnamon Grand Colombo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cinnamon Grand Colombo Hotel Colombo
- Cinnamon Grand Hotel Colombo
- Cinnamon Hotel Colombo
- Colombo Cinnamon Grand Hotel