Stayed here twice as part of an organised tour of Sri Lanka. Whilst we didn't go exploring far from the hotel, it seems quite well located being only a kilometre or so from the start of the old part of Colombo. There's a small beach about a few hundred metres away (turn right out of the hotel) and there's a selection of shops adjacent to the hotel. There's also a couple of cash machines just outside the hotel. The hotel itself is quite imposing with large airy reception area with a coffee bar and cake shop. The outdoor pool and associated bars are very pleasant and sheltered. There's a fitness room somewhere with some sort of swimming facility but we didn't use it. Of the 2 rooms we occupied, one with a glimpse of the sea was somewhat larger than the other which only had a view across the city. Both rooms were however fine with good facilities that all functioned OK and very comfortable beds (not always the case in Asia). There are at least 4 restaurants in the hotel. The one we used provided an extensive and appetising range of (mainly) asian food and we enjoyed our meals there. Staff throughout the hotel were pleasant and helpful. Overall, whilst it's quite an expensive hotel to stay at, I don't think you'd be disappointed if you decide to go there.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Just 35 kilometers from the Bandaranaike International Airport (BIA), luxurious Cinnamon Grand Colombo is located in the heart of Colombo City’s business, shopping and entertainment center. Elegantly designed, spacious rooms at the Cinnamon Grand offer a wide range of in-room amenities, king size beds, and a pillow menu to ensure your comfort and pleasure. All rooms feature carefully attended-to bathrooms and toiletries, large flat screen TVs, a mini bar, and WiFi access. The hotel’s 14 restaurants provide an electric mix of international cuisines, including award-winning Sri Lankan seafood at the Lagoon Restaurant & Garden, and the best of European fine dining at the London Grill. To wind down, guests can patronize Cinnamon Grand’s poolside ‘Breeze Bar’ or typical British pub style ‘Cheers Pub,’ and enjoy a wide range of cocktails, beer and fresh juices. There are two gymnasiums, a spa retreat, a tennis court and two pools. Cinnamon Grand is also located right next to Colombo’s high end shopping mall, Crescat Boulevard. Cinnamon Grand Colombo is fully accessible and is an environmentally friendly property. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, TravelClick, Hotwire, Booking.com, Orbitz, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Cinnamon Grand Colombo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cinnamon Grand Colombo Hotel Colombo
- Cinnamon Grand Hotel Colombo
- Cinnamon Hotel Colombo
- Colombo Cinnamon Grand Hotel