My wife and I left this morning and travelled to Kandy however didn't want to leave. Being the start of our honeymoon and 3 weeks in Sri Lanka, we wanted somewhere nice to stay...this was just the place. We got a room on the executive floors which gives you access to the executive lounge where you can have free high tea in the afternoon, great for a snack or even a meal as they have hot and cold buffet style items available. After high tea finishes, happy hour starts for the next couple of hours. Great to watch an incoming storm or enjoy the city lights while consuming your favourite beverages for a couple of hours and its also FREE!
Pool area and all amenities are clean and outstanding along with the rooms being great also.
The main highlight of our stay was dinner both nights in the village restaurant where they have created a small Sri Lankan village and serve a great buffet of Sri Lankan fare. I'm not normally a buffet fan however this was awesome. The staff are dressed appropriately for the atmosphere they are trying to create and the service is excellent. It's a little hard to find, we wouldn't have known if we weren't told to have a look by one of the staff in the foyer. You have to walk out through the Cheers bar to get to it but well worth the look for a great experience and not too expensive either.
Overall our experience at the Cinnamon Grand Hotel will be one we never forget.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Just 35 kilometers from the Bandaranaike International Airport (BIA), luxurious Cinnamon Grand Colombo is located in the heart of Colombo City’s business, shopping and entertainment center. Elegantly designed, spacious rooms at the Cinnamon Grand offer a wide range of in-room amenities, king size beds, and a pillow menu to ensure your comfort and pleasure. All rooms feature carefully attended-to bathrooms and toiletries, large flat screen TVs, a mini bar, and WiFi access. The hotel’s 14 restaurants provide an electric mix of international cuisines, including award-winning Sri Lankan seafood at the Lagoon Restaurant & Garden, and the best of European fine dining at the London Grill. To wind down, guests can patronize Cinnamon Grand’s poolside ‘Breeze Bar’ or typical British pub style ‘Cheers Pub,’ and enjoy a wide range of cocktails, beer and fresh juices. There are two gymnasiums, a spa retreat, a tennis court and two pools. Cinnamon Grand is also located right next to Colombo’s high end shopping mall, Crescat Boulevard. Cinnamon Grand Colombo is fully accessible and is an environmentally friendly property. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with ACCOR, Ctrip TA, Priceline, Booking.com, Expedia, TravelClick, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Hotwire, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HRS so you can book your Cinnamon Grand Colombo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cinnamon Grand Colombo Hotel Colombo
- Cinnamon Grand Hotel Colombo
- Cinnamon Hotel Colombo
- Colombo Cinnamon Grand Hotel