Cinnamon Grand Colombo
$79
$71
Hotwire.com
5,283 results
All reviewsbreeze barcheers publondon grillcoffee stoptaprobane restaurantjaffna foodnuga gamalagoon restaurantnoodlessri lankaseafood restaurantbig hotelfood courtcoffee shopbusy hotelchoice of restaurantsexecutive floor
Reviewed April 7, 2013

My family (my wife, my son of 14yrs, and my daughter of 16yrs) and I stayed at the Cinnamon Grand hotel, Colombo between 20th and 21st of March 2013, and also on 27th of March 2013. To begin with I would like to thank hotel managent to allow us to check in at one of our two rooms at 10am with out a charge as they understood that we were tired after a long flight (thanks to our travel agent Mr. Johan from Noramix Travels as we asked him prior to our arrival at Colombo to arrange for an early Check in). In general our stay at this hotel was pleasant. Hotel lobby is spacious and it is an excellent place to take coffee breaks.Housekeeping and restaurants services were excellent. Hotel employees were very helpful and would do their best to satisfy our needs. The pool is good. Guests of this hotel are mostly adults and businessmen as we did not see families with children. My son who is 14 years old did not enjoy the stay at this hotel as he did not find children of his age to play with in the swimming pool. I would recommend this hotel to others and I would stay at this hotel if I travel to Colombo again. Last point to mention is that the lobby of this hotel is more pleasant than that of Cinnamon Lakeside hotel, Colombo.

Room Tip: Corner rooms have a liitle more space than others.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank AABDHAHRAN
Cinnamon-Grand, General Manager at Cinnamon Grand Colombo, responded to this reviewResponded April 8, 2013

Thank you for staying at the Cinnamon Grand Colombo.

It is greatly satisfying for us to know that you had a pleasant stay at our hotel. Thank you for appreciating our service and facilities and for sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor. Your words of praise are truly an encouragement, and we will certainly strive to provide the best possible experience to all our valued guests.

Whilst thanking you for recommending us, we look forward to indulge you with more of our Cinnamon hospitality when you visit us once again.

Best regards

Reviewed April 5, 2013

I stayed here for 5 nights on business in March 2013.
I have always in the past stayed at the Mount Lavinia Hotel in Colombo which is charming but very much a holiday hotel and as I was on business I opted for the more business-oriented Cinnamon Grand.
Overall the hotel was very good. The rooms were very well appointed and quiet. The staff were excellent and helpful. I ordered a beer when by the pool one day and it appeared to slip the mind of the waiter. When I reminded him I got the beer immediately and free of charge - a nice touch.
The buffet restaurant is one of the best in Colombo. I also ate a couple of times in the Sports Bar on the ground floor - I think it was called 'Cheers'. Good atmosphere and 'homely' food if you have had enough of curry for the time being.
The only slight downside is that the reception area is very noisy.
I will try a couple of other hotels in Colombo on future trips to compare them all but I am sure that this one will be high on the list.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a pool view if possible. Much quieter.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Jonathan L
Cinnamon-Grand, General Manager at Cinnamon Grand Colombo, responded to this reviewResponded April 5, 2013

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Cinnamon Grand Colombo.

We are pleased to learn that you had a good stay with us and we very much appreciate your kind sentiments expressed on the overall facilities of our hotel. I would recommend that you book into the executive floor if you need some peace and quiet, as this is designed exclusively for our business clients

We thank you for your kind review and look forward to having you stay with us again, to experience more of our facilities and cinnamon hospitality.

Reviewed April 5, 2013

There may be hotels that are more charming in Colombo, but there is none that is better for a business visit. In order:

1) Highly professional and pleasant staff

2) Good to Great facilities, from the business center to the two gyms and 13 restaurants. I highly recommend staying on an Executive Floor if you are doing business, as the lounge is a really good place to meet your customers, vendors, etc.

3) Good location. Traffic in Colombo is terrible no matter what, but the Cinnamon is particularly well located if you have business in the Port area.

To sum up: good location, great facilities, professional staff and legitimately four star rooms. The best business hotel I have found in this city.

Room Tip: If you are doing business here, choose an executive floor so you have access to the lounge
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank SFTraveler009

Thank you for staying at the Cinnamon Grand Colombo.

We are delighted you enjoyed the comfort and facilities at our executive floor and thank you for the encouraging words on TripAdvisor.

It was truly a pleasure for my team and I to read your complimentary review and we do appreciate your commendations on our location, facilities and most of all, our professional staff. In our endeavour to provide the best possible experience to all our valued guests, such impressions as yours are definitely an encouragement to us.

Whilst thanking you for recommending Cinnamon Grand, we hope to have the opportunity to delight you with more of our Cinnamon Hospitality, on your next visit to Sri Lanka.

Best regards.

Reviewed April 3, 2013

This is about our recent trip to Colombo. It was fantastic. We stayed at Cinnamon Grand at Colombo, Though it was located in one of the most busiest road when you enter in to the hotel you can't beleive there is a such a place located by the side of that busy environment.

The staff were welcoming even though we had a very bad experience with our check in. No proper information were communicated among them selves. It was a messy check in and a worst nightmare after a long journey. But the Concierge guys were making our selves relaxed by taking care of the huge numbers of our lauggeges. Check in counter staff should've react wisely to rectify the unnecessary delay. I personaly beleive they should have more common sense of how to react in order to come out of a such a mess.

But the porters who did escort us to the rooms were so pleasent and very helpful.

There was a nice combination of cousines from local to grill. We loved Lagoon sea food dishes. The staff over there was very helpful.
We can't forget the Room service guys also. they also did a fantastic job too.

Rooms were well cleaned and maintained well. They were meeting our requirments with a warm smile even though we were worrying them all the time with so many requests.
When ever we need some thing to be done in the room we had a doubt because of our experience at the check in. But housekeeping staff handled it well and we can't forget Judy whom we were worrying all the time over the phone. When ever we called her she reacted in a very proffessional way. She called us and ensure that we were been served on time. This was some thing very rare when we compere with our first experience. She spoke in a very fluent way and for a moment we couldn't beleive she is a Sri Lankan. Very well done.

Also the boy who cleaned our rooms named Shane was very helpful. He arranged our rooms very well. Shane was doing it in a very calm manner. Our rooms were spotless. He was cool. Very Well done Shane.

Finaly When you put things together overall it was a great trip. This is a good place to be.Very convenient for shoppers who loves shopping like us. Keep it up.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for your stay at the Cinnamon Grand Colombo and for taking time to share your feedback.

We are glad you had a good stay with us and appreciate the compliments on our facilities and staff. We are also pleased that you have in particular enjoyed the dining experience at the Lagoon. However, we sincerely apologize for the issue faced during check in and the inconvenience caused as a result. Please be assured that corrective action will be taken to ensure this does not recur.

Thank you for your words of praise on our housekeeping staff, in particular Judy and Shane. Your compliments will certainly be conveyed to both of them.

We do look forward to your future visits to indulge you with more of our facilities and cinnamon hospitality

Reviewed April 3, 2013

Arriving to Colombo after a tiring journey the only thought we had was to get a comfortable relaxing stay. This is what we expected and this is what we got. Convenient location, excellent service and nice spacy rooms, well equipped and functional. Attentive staff added to the comfort and the little Mall shopping center in direct proximity also gave us the opportunity to do some light shopping before our onwards journey. All in all an excellent place to stay in connection with your onwards visit to Sri Lanka.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for staying at the Cinnamon Grand Colombo and your gracious commendation on TripAdvisor.

We are glad you had a comfortable stay at our hotel and enjoyed the facilities, services and attentive staff. We are very glad that we did meet up with your expectations and look forward to the pleasure of indulging you with more of our Cinnamon hospitality, perhaps in the near future.

Best regards.