We had booked non-smoking rooms (on the same floor) at this property over New Year's. We paid top dollar for all the rooms and even paid in advance in full two months prior to coming to Colombo. About a month before arrival we were asked to provide the guest details (along with passport copies). We also highlighted to the hotel that there were two expecting mothers and 7 children (from 10 years - 3 years) which they had the passport copies of as well.
When we checked-in to the hotel, we were all given rooms on the smoking floor and were not even told about it. When one of the pregnant mothers walked into her room she could not stand the smell of the room and we called the reception and the individual told us it was a smoking room.
We spoke to the Front Office Manager and finally had all our rooms changed to non-smoking rooms but on different floors. This hotel did not keep their word as per the reservation and the staff were not apologetic or anything. It seemed they were more important in making sure they have all their rooms filled at the highest prices as it was the New Years time.
So if you are traveling in a group beware of this hotel if you are going during a holiday period. They may screw you like they did us.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Just 35 kilometers from the Bandaranaike International Airport (BIA), luxurious Cinnamon Grand Colombo is located in the heart of Colombo City’s business, shopping and entertainment center. Elegantly designed, spacious rooms at the Cinnamon Grand offer a wide range of in-room amenities, king size beds, and a pillow menu to ensure your comfort and pleasure. All rooms feature carefully attended-to bathrooms and toiletries, large flat screen TVs, a mini bar, and WiFi access. The hotel’s 14 restaurants provide an electric mix of international cuisines, including award-winning Sri Lankan seafood at the Lagoon Restaurant & Garden, and the best of European fine dining at the London Grill. To wind down, guests can patronize Cinnamon Grand’s poolside ‘Breeze Bar’ or typical British pub style ‘Cheers Pub,’ and enjoy a wide range of cocktails, beer and fresh juices. There are two gymnasiums, a spa retreat, a tennis court and two pools. Cinnamon Grand is also located right next to Colombo’s high end shopping mall, Crescat Boulevard. Cinnamon Grand Colombo is fully accessible and is an environmentally friendly property. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, TravelClick, Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Agoda, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotwire, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, getaroom.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Cinnamon Grand Colombo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cinnamon Grand Colombo Hotel Colombo
- Cinnamon Grand Hotel Colombo
- Cinnamon Hotel Colombo
- Colombo Cinnamon Grand Hotel