This was my second visit to the hotel. The first was on a business trip and this time we came with the family.
The hotel is very spacious and its good to note that the cleanliness and general upkeep is still maintained. The rooms in the new wing are arranged in a square formation with a window looking down to a well decorated open hall on the ground floor. Internet access is chargeable for the standard rooms. It only comes complimentary for the Club rooms.
There are many in-house restaurants which serve Western, Chinese, Indian and Sri Lankan fare. This time around we decided to try Nuda Gama which is located on the lower ground floor. It is an interesting concept for a restaurant with Sri Lankan food served in an authentic village style setting.
Another plus point is last time we stayed I commented that the breakfast was average and would have been good to see some local spread as well. This time around there was an improvement and besides the western breakfast options (eggs, sausages, bacon, cereals, etc) there were more options with a local flavour including string hoppers, hoppers and thosai.
One outlet which I would like to point out is the Coffee Stop located on the right hand side of the lobby. This was a good find on this trip. There serve a host of pasteries and coffee at reasonable prices for a 5 star hotel. The seating is a bit limited but there is a continous flow of customers who are buying items to takeaway. It is a good place to have a snack and coffee at any time. On our next trip we will definately try some of the other restaurants in the hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Just 35 kilometers from the Bandaranaike International Airport (BIA), luxurious Cinnamon Grand Colombo is located in the heart of Colombo City’s business, shopping and entertainment center. Elegantly designed, spacious rooms at the Cinnamon Grand offer a wide range of in-room amenities, king size beds, and a pillow menu to ensure your comfort and pleasure. All rooms feature carefully attended-to bathrooms and toiletries, large flat screen TVs, a mini bar, and WiFi access. The hotel’s 14 restaurants provide an electric mix of international cuisines, including award-winning Sri Lankan seafood at the Lagoon Restaurant & Garden, and the best of European fine dining at the London Grill. To wind down, guests can patronize Cinnamon Grand’s poolside ‘Breeze Bar’ or typical British pub style ‘Cheers Pub,’ and enjoy a wide range of cocktails, beer and fresh juices. There are two gymnasiums, a spa retreat, a tennis court and two pools. Cinnamon Grand is also located right next to Colombo’s high end shopping mall, Crescat Boulevard. Cinnamon Grand Colombo is fully accessible and is an environmentally friendly property. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, ACCOR, Hotels.com, TravelClick, Booking.com, Agoda, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Cinnamon Grand Colombo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cinnamon Grand Colombo Hotel Colombo
- Cinnamon Grand Hotel Colombo
- Cinnamon Hotel Colombo
- Colombo Cinnamon Grand Hotel