Cinnamon Grand Colombo
$154
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of $176/night.

Hilton Colombo(Colombo)
$131
$117
Trip.com
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of $140/night.

$128
$122
$99
$85
5,280 results
All reviewsbreeze barcheers publondon grillcoffee stoptaprobane restaurantjaffna foodnuga gamalagoon restaurantnoodlessri lankaseafood restaurantbig hotelfood courtcoffee shopbusy hotelchoice of restaurantsexecutive floor
Reviewed November 3, 2012

Tao is an outdoor restaurant at the Cinnamon Grand.

The ambiance is great & we wouldn't feel like it is crowded, even if it was. We we given a table near the pond, where you can watch the large decorative fish swimming around. There was a large, attractive looking bird closely eyeing the fish all the while, almost like the show was put on for us...

For the main course I ordered the pork chops & was served one of the most succulent pork chops I have had. The dressing on dish was very nice. There was ample of a wonderful sauce to go with the meat.

For desert I had the caramelized banana tart & it came with a strawberry, berries, chocolate strips, etc. It was a delightful desert & again the dressing was attractive. I think the desserts here are on the expensive side, but I kind of did feel like what I got was worth it.

The service is excellent! Well mannered, polite waiters, who know very well how to serve their guests.

We even got complimentary almonds with a sweet sugar coating when I called for the bill.

(Tao is one of the restaurants at the Cinnamon Grand & I don't know why it doesn't have a separate TripAdvisor page...)

Room Tip: Choose a table close to the pond, you can have a nice view whilst you dine. I think there are about 4 or 5 tables along the edge of it...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Cinnamon-Grand, General Manager at Cinnamon Grand Colombo, responded to this reviewResponded November 5, 2012

Thank you so much for appreciating the Tao restaurant at the Cinnamon Grand Colombo.

My team and I were very pleased to read your very descriptive and appreciative review on TripAdvisor. We are so glad you enjoyed the culinary experience along with the ambiance and service.

Whilst thanking you for your patronage, we do look forward to have you stay with us, enjoy more of our dining options and also enable us to indulge you with more of our cinnamon hospitality

Best regards

Reviewed November 3, 2012

We stayed here for our first night in Sri Lanka and it was very convenient and pleasant. The hotel is big, busy and modern, with all the facilities of a good hotel. We had an excellent dinner at Tao restaurant and the ambiance was very nice. Our room was big with a view of the city, comfortable and cozy. I only wish the decoration was a bit more local and a bit less western but I suppose that's normal in such large busy hotel... All in all, it was everything we needed after a long flight from Europe!

Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you for staying at the Cinnamon Grand Colombo.

It is greatly satisfying for us to learn that our hotel has met with your expectations in facilities, comfort and cuisine; and we sincerely thank you for sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor.

It is our endeavour to provide the best possible experience for all our valued guests and we look forward to welcome you back, should you visit Sri Lanka again.

Thank you.

Reviewed November 2, 2012

Very nice rooms possibly geared more towards the business traveler. Comfortable beds with big enough rooms. Excellent buffet breakfast catering for most tastes and a very good selection of restaurants. The fish restaurant is a must with great and reasonably affordable food. 2 swimming pools which are both unfortunately outdoors so they are not useable during the rainy season. The cafe offers great coffee and snacks.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for staying at the Cinnamon Grand Colombo and for your appreciative feedback.

We are indeed pleased you found the rooms big and comfortable and enjoyed the dining options, particularly the Lagoon restaurant. Whilst assuring you of our best services, we hope you will give us another opportunity to indulge you with more of our Cinnamon hospitality, perhaps in the near future.

Best Regards

Reviewed November 2, 2012

The hotel seemed very busy when we got in, an indication that it's a preferred hotel of many.

The rooms & the bath room are very nice. The food was excellent, specifically the breakfast buffet

The hotel has a wide variety of restaurants. The hotel taxi's are reasonably priced. The service was good!

A recommended place!! A 5 star experience.

Room Tip: Pool view rooms are nice!
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

We are glad you enjoyed your overnight stay at the Cinnamon Grand Colombo.

We are also glad that you were pleased with the amenities, food and service as well as our dining options. Whilst thanking you for recommending us on TripAdvisor, we look forward to welcoming you again to indulge you more with our cinnamon hospitality.

Reviewed November 1, 2012

Very nice hotel, even great building, some nice staff,..but unfortunately it lacks a good Management. The Cashier was so bad that he didn't refund my balance trying to play the "busy man", so I forget my money. I stayed two times (three nights each)...The hotel is great, one of the oldest hotels in Town...but Rude Management, if there is any. I had a problem with my room (reserved for a couple...mmeaning Two person, in case the staff doesn't know what it means): But amnities were: one towel, one shampoo, one of every thing...etc..... so I called the H.K. they brought one other towel, without any hand towel, no face towel, one slipper. At evening turn down service: one chocolate, one flower....??? I called, they said yes but no action. Three nights are the same. Every morning or night,I had to call for a 2nd thing, trying to make them understand: WE ARE TWO IN THE ROOM. , but no chance. On our 5th night andthe same thing being repeated, I called the Duty Manager. Imagine: 11 times (yes eleven) I called no answer. I called the operatyor who trasfered me to the D.M desk twice...: No answer, hen I called for a 14th (yes 14) times the operator who transfered me to the D. M cellphone (Mobile phone)...No answer neither.... . On the 15the time, I was angry at the Operator who finally connected me to a lady, who said she was the D. M. ... . Finally she listened to me and I asked her either to come or send somebody to my room: she sent a Guest Services Officer "Andrew" to my room who was so professionnal and so kind who finally saw for himself and understood my problem.
I think this is more than enough
This is not my first visit to Colombo (Sri Lanka), and I am establishing a new business there, but I am sure, it will be my last one to Cinnamon Grand...I guess I have to go back to my (Old) best hotel in the city.

Room Tip: I stayed two times (three nights each)...The hotel is great, one of the oldest hotels in Town...but Rude Management, if there is any. I had a problem with my room (reserved for a couple): amnities: one towel, one shampoo, one of ...etc..... I called the H.K. they brought one other towel, without any hand towel, no face towel, one slipper. At evening turn down service: one chocolate, one flower....??? I called, they said yes but no action. Three nights are the same. Every morning or night,I had to call for a 2nd thing, trying to make them understand: WE ARE TWO IN THE ROOM. , but no chance. On our 5th night andthe same thing being repeated, I called the Duty Manager. Imagine: 11 times (yes eleven) I called no answer. I called the operatyor who trasfered me to the D.M desk twice...: No answer, hen I called for a 14th (yes 14) times the operator who transfered me to the D. M cellphone (Mobile phone)...No answer neither.... . On the 15the time, I was angry at the Operator who finally connected me to a lady, who said she was the D. M. ... . Finally she listened to me and I asked her either to come or send somebody to my room: she sent a Guest Services Officer "Andrew" to my room who was so professionnal and so kind who finally saw for himself and understood my problem. I think this is more than enough This is not my first visit to Colombo (Sri Lanka), and I am establishing a new business there, but I am sure, it will be my last one to Cinnamon Grand...I guess I have to go back to my best hotel in the city.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Cinnamon-Grand, General Manager at Cinnamon Grand Colombo, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2012

Thank you for staying at the Cinnamon Grand Colombo for the third time and for your feedback on TripAdvisor.

Let me begin by sincerely apologizing for the severe inconvenience experienced by you, during your stay with us. The problems you encountered is not in keeping with the high standard that we try to portray at all times; However, I would request you personally, to give us another chance to truly experience the grand indulgence of Cinnamon Grand.

In the meanwhile, I shall really appreciate if you would give us more details such as your name and address; dates of stay, (arrival & departure) contact details etc., via our e-mail address indicated below, for us to look into this matter and take corrective action.

Best regards